Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3845&start_row=1

If your parents haven't hassled you about being Rastafari then you are not Ras

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: sista snetemba Sent: 2/4/2010 4:21:20 PM

I have a sista that I regard as close to I and she always says this..It irritates I alot as I don't think Its fair to say because we all have different parents..Is there any truth to the statement? Tried editing the title but couldnt..Its meant to say'If your parents havent hassled about your being Rastafari then you are not Ras'

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/4/2010 8:48:23 PM

Being RasTafarI has nothing to do with parent's approval or disapproval.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 2/5/2010 2:57:25 AM

greetings to one and all! that statement doesnt cater to those whose parents are actually Rastas themselves! must admit I have been thru a lot and I'm only 21! last year aug 31 got kicked out of home and I only returned end of nov wit da excuse dat I need concentration coz it was exam time. (I'm in university..) as I'm da first Ras in I lineage, mother(devout xtian) kind of hates I cah she feels I brought a cult into the house as now I twinsister is also a Ras. imagine a dawta being kicked out of home in these times?!? but dat has nothing to do with me being 'more Ras' than others.. just thought to share dat.. :-)

Messenger: Ras Joseph Sent: 2/5/2010 3:22:45 AM

Rastafari blessings to one an all in dis ya faith in H.I.M,like IanI always chant 'wen your mother and father forsakes u Selassie I will take u'H.I.M is father to di fatherless and mother to di motherless.Rastafari one fi all and all fi one.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 2/5/2010 10:51:49 AM

palsm 71:In thee,O LORD, do I put my trust:let me never be put to confusion:

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 2/23/2010 10:30:36 AM

Blessed Heart of love!

Christ did teach that in these end times, parents will fight with their daughters so there's nothing new under the sun.
everything has already been done.nothing that can surprise one in these times.
the first will be last and the last will be first.
King David was the youngest and he became King leading the Israelites, Joseph was the they youngest among his brothers before Benjamin and ruled in the house of Pharoah.don't measure yourself with lineages and such and such.even the first Rastas fall with babylon.Christ taught that ones should humble themselves like children (Mathew).
Being Rasta can bring nuff persecutions but ones must remain strong. Christ teach that ones should divorce their parents,husbands, children, take up their crosses and trod with him.works show who true rasta is, not titles like 'First Rasta' or what not.

Upliftment to all
Holy Marcus Imanuel Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 3/2/2010 8:24:52 AM

bless

ones should humble themselves to the elders and not look upon them with scorn coz we can learn a lot! people shouldnt live like they wish things had been a certain way, they should just give isis that they also were able to sight the light too!

selam

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 3/8/2010 11:23:02 AM

BLess!

we give thanx for we all saw da light at da appointed time.some more than others.we get our light from Jah,not from man.seek and you will find,knock and Jah door will be opened unto thee.we give thanx for da fullness of Rastafari.Ises!
da King liveth da King liveth da King liveth in da hearts of all flesh. may those who dig pits for us be put to shame.

Holy Empress Menen I Selassie I Jah Rastafari
6 days work 7th day rest
selah!

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 3/24/2010 9:17:27 AM

selam

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I