Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=383&start_row=1

anti-inflammatory drugs

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/8/2004 8:51:41 PM

I have been speaking against the use of anti-inflammatory like aspirin and ibuprofin for years. I feel that they reduce the bodies healing capabilities.

The reason I think this is because they reduce swelling in injured joints. But the swelling of joints is a natural healing process. The purpose of fluid building up around the joint is because it cushions the joint from things on the outside, and also cushions between the joints. Also, the fluid has a lot of white blood cells and other properties to help heal the joint.

When people use anti-inflammatory drugs, they reduce the swelling, so they also reduce the cushioning and healing properties. I can Iverstand the use of these drugs if the swelling is so bad that it will cause damage. But if the swelling isn't so bad to cause damage. I feel that a person is better off to not use them.

Another thing, is that anti-inflammatories and other pain killers reduce the perception of pain. The problem with this is that when a joint is damaged, the body causes you to feel pain so that you can be more careful with the joint, so that you won't damage it further. But if you can't feel the pain, you won't realize that you are moving the joint in a bad way.

A week ago, I read in the newspaper that they did an experiment on mice where they separated the tendon from the bone. They then used anti-inflammatories on one set of mice, and some other pain killing drug on another set of mice, and one set of mice with no drugs. The mice that were not given any drugs healed faster, and the healed tendons were stronger than the healed tendons of the other two groups.

The scientists said that they needed to do more testing, but I feel that more testing will just reveal the same thing.

Babylon needs to stop making drugs that fight nature, and instead make drugs that help the processes of nature.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 7/9/2004 5:41:49 AM

what is the german word for "anti-inflammatory" ?

is it "entzündungshemmend" ?

I think so, because "flammatory" means "entzündlich" in german ...

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 7/9/2004 5:58:05 AM

yes, these drugs are influencing the healing process. the injury heals faster, but not better. and that is the point. nature heals better, but this takes a little more time.
nature is where IandI is made of. nature is where IandI will go back to one time (ash to ash, dust to dust). everything we need to live and to live healthy is what nature can give us. with the up-coming of the modern chemistry lots of illnesses disappeared and were able to be healed, but also very much new illnesses appeared. and that ain't good.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/9/2004 8:49:00 AM

The thing is Alex, the wounds don't heal faster with the anti-inflammatory drugs, they take a longer time to heal. The only thing it does is reduce pain and swelling.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 7/9/2004 10:04:34 AM

yes, they are made to reduce pain and swelling and to heal faster.
the I is right. without this chemical stuff wounds heal better and faster. I made this experience very often. but often these chemical things are created also to heal faster.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/9/2004 12:39:31 PM

Other drugs like steroids or antibiotics are made to help the body heal faster. Those drugs have their own issues and problems. I was mostly just referring to anti-inflammatory drugs in this topic.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 7/9/2004 2:23:04 PM

Beloved Community, JAH RASTA FAR I

Blessed reasonings. Nature is the best and greatest healer.

Inflamatory is hot, to treat HOT, the i must utilize cold, or cool. The inflammtion causes the pain, heating up of nerves that aches the nerves. The PAIN is not the DIE-sease. Treat the nerves with coolness, and then heal the die-sease. Asprin and such merely deadens the nerves.

INI bon fiyah pon all pharmaceuticals.....

Years ago I had acne BAD and DR.QUACK had i on ibupropen for 3 years.....I wasn't even in pain. Besides that the man treated i to anitboditics continuously for 5 years.

It took i 8 years to figure out i had allowed his "medical-profesionalism" to pollute the harvesting time of I life. It was not until I suffered from hives, mood swings and chronic depression, fatigue and a weigh gain resulting from the anti-boditics that were prescribed...that never did heal the acne i had.

I self prognosised that I had candidas, and over growth of yeast in my body. It took i 2 years of 100% natural living to erradicate I temple of the pollution of Babylonian medical industrialism. I lost 40 lbs without a "DIET" plan(i had already accepted my body as it was and not trying to lose weight), I skin never glowed better, No outbreaks, energy levels that of a 16yo, and no depression episodes.

I do not take asprin for a headache....cool compresses, dim lighted room and a single cup of coffee. ( COffee is not a beverage but a natural medicine)...i rarely get headaches.

Joint inflammation ? Cool compresses followed by a warm towell and then cool again-to take down the inflammation. TO HEAL, A poultice of comfrey root applied to the joint. Rest and gentle massage for the healing.

It it is essential that when one has pain, not to get rid of the pain until one overstands the root of the pain. It is essential to know your temple, every single corner.

The greatest thing that can happen as people lose thier "health insurance" is that they will become respondisible for thier own well being and take charge of thier health that is organic.....to each i. INI the only HEALTH insurance. JAH RASTA FARA I

JAH knows that the so called compassionate companies that are developing these drugs are the sane ones making the food that are making u sick.

I saw a t-shirt last week and it appropriate today to site it.

PAIN is WEAKNESS Leaving the body....

KNOW YOURSELF<

The I created in the perfect image of the most high JAH RASTA FAR I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/9/2004 10:59:42 PM

I give thanks for your words Nefertiti. The I is telling truth.

Jah has given I and I many different senses to tell us what is going on with our body and the surrounding environment. The problem is that we don't listen.

When our body shows us a problem through the sense of pain and discomfort, we don't study that sensation or the other more mild sensations that go along with it.

When our nose tells us something is no good, we don't listen. When our tongue shows us, we don't listen. When our throat shows us, we don't listen. When our lungs, stomach, skin, eyes, ears and almost every other body part show us, we don't listen. When our other senses(there are many) show us, we don't listen.

Jah has given I and I so many different kind of senses, some that even show us the spirit and character of another, some that show us of things to come, or immediate dangers. So many senses and we so often ignore them.

I and I need to resensitize ourself to use what Jah has given I and I according to its purpose. Jah didn't give I and I these things in vain, but we have made them vain for our own self.

Jah is Great, I and I just need to open our eyes to Jah Greatness.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 7/20/2004 2:30:32 PM

I have a related question: where can information be found about natural or non-pharmaceutical cures? Bless,
legacy

Messenger: ijah Sent: 7/20/2004 3:55:24 PM

Greetings and bless to one and all,RasTafari guides....

Ital is vital,ya know..Evrywhere inna this world where i look around it the same thing that gwan...Them that defend the natural way fighting against the wicked ones,that defend and support the chemical way..In i opinion there s but one way to choose,ital or chemical...
Ital way might tek some more time,but that is a goood thing,time will tell,and mek ya know yaself also.And also,when something is healed thru long time periode,one can be much more assured that the actual and competely healing has taken place..
Chemical way ll lead to destruction of the Spirit and soul,complete damage to ya body...The mixing of chemical and ital ways will in most a the times lead to become addicted to the chemical subtance a life long period....

Turn ye soul unto JAH,and be upright,His endless Love will fill in,and tek away a lot a them pains..... JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I

Be loved,in OneLove

JAH BLESS

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I