Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3806&start_row=1

Me no have no friends?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/9/2010 1:13:53 PM

what did berhane selassie mean by me dont have no friends in a I society? so we should not have friends while we live in babylon?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/9/2010 4:51:47 PM

Greetings...

"Me no have no friends in a HIGH society"...

I think having friends while in, what you call "babylon", is an important thing. Bob Marley had a lot of friends, some good, some revealed themselves as otherwise, either way we ought to appreciate the friends we have.

Selam

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/10/2010 1:15:26 AM

in a High society we are all brothers and sisters, no need for friends. Friends tend to come and go while family, brothers and sisters last forever. Better no friends than a bad one.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/10/2010 1:54:49 AM

NordMan, the I is misunderstanding Bob,

When Bob says high society, he is talking about the rich downpressors. High society is a term often used to describe the rich.

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/10/2010 2:42:15 AM

seen. thank for pointing that out. I should have seen that. I did not refer to High society as the rich downpressors, rather a society in heights, in love. there "me no have friends" either, just brothers and sisters.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/10/2010 5:26:37 AM

a One friend mi have. My friend would do anything for i and i would do anything for my friend

but every friend of my friend is automatically my friend too....so mi hav many many friends

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/10/2010 5:47:41 AM

"me no have friends" either, just brothers and sisters. "

the i dem fe leave dem things alone, i find dem things deh to be silly

so wha yuh a go say, better no friend than a bad one?

what dat mean?
Didnt a man name Cain slay him brother Abel ?

so how comes yuh dont say better no brother than a bad one?

why de i dem love fe complicate things ?

Didnt Christ teach yuh, do as i command and dis day yuh are all my friends?

So Bob say ini have no friends in a high society, a truth dat,

but den again, what society is higher than the Royal Court of His Majesty ??, so inna truth, ini have friends inna de HIGHEST society, yuh see me

The Gladitors dem sing, a good friend is better than pocket money, and ini dont have just a good friend but the BEST friend, and all who come inna HIM name, dem a mi best friends

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/10/2010 6:10:27 AM

Not silly at all. argue about that seem silly to I.

Better no friends than a bad one is like this. Invite friend to your house and he is pulluting with bad vibes and such, then I rather be without him.

If the I mean friend beeing like brothers, no problem. then its just silly wordgame and I agree with the I.

Many people have friends at work, school and all over society and call them just that, friends. them never really relate to eachother and when payday comes none is intressted in sharing equal. Brothers and sisters do that though.

I rather be without a brother like cain.

In the HIGHEST society why call eachother friends when we are all familly and one?

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/10/2010 6:41:07 AM

making friends is a nice thought if that means treating eachother like brothers and sisters.

A thought came up in I mind. "Rasta make friends in all camps" or something like that I read somewhere sometime ago. If the man is refering to rasta relates and building bridges, tearing down walls between all people yes.

To make friends with a gready one from High Society seems impossible but maybe nessecery to overcome the difficulties in adjusting the riches between all people.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/10/2010 6:59:01 AM

as yuh like

yuh love dem "if"s so much, yuh can have dem

a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
a person who gives assistance; patron; support
a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile:

These are the dictionary definitions of the word friend

if yuh waan fe keep running in circles wondering, "if you mean this" and "if he is referring to this", then its up to yuh

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I