Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3797&start_row=1

Guidance on woman

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/1/2010 11:13:39 AM

i need some help from the elders on how to treat your empress. I know you should not serve her, only serve Jah. But i need to know about not being all over her because i heard a song called never show a woman how much you care because she will trample over you, its called a woman is a shadow a man is an arrow. Is a woman equal to man? I know head of every man is King Selassie, head of every woman is man. I heard Selassie said if woman work like man do then they can become equal. How can i get my lady to respect me? When i went back to ethiopia, i didnt seek Jah like i should i was seeking girls, he showed me a great lesson and i still learn today, just i need some good advice on how to be a good Rastafarian man with my new empress.

Bless

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/1/2010 7:37:46 PM

this one a real funny mi haffe say

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 1/2/2010 6:11:10 PM

make sure this '' new'' empress gets old with the I.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 1/8/2010 1:19:22 AM

greetings! I'm a wombman and I would like to say I and I head is not a man it is Haile Selassie! I don't bow down to mankind and dat includes this 'man'! RastafarI come to give I da order when HIM sit wit wombman SAME TIME on da throne so man and wombman is equal! I sight dat da trinity is da Father, son and hola spirit. it is I Father Haile Selassie, man and wombman! da woman is da spirit; da bridge between man and God cah wombman is creation. if you go around telling your wombmen dat be sure dat you'll perish childless and lonely! no wombman wants to hear none of dat! :-(

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/9/2010 10:54:15 PM

Here is a Reasoning I made before:

Man and Woman

Messenger: black imanuel dawta Sent: 2/24/2010 10:43:16 AM

InI wouldn't say dat man and wombman are equal...I would say dat they are one flesh,yes dem both sit pun da throne.they work together. man and wombman haffi know demselves and da role they play in da fambly,seen.
imagine if man was at home taking care of tings while da wombman was out working.even da scripture teaches ones how man and wombman haffi live.
its also like the sun,moon and stars.
the sun is always alone,representing da kingman.da moon is always with the stars,representing da empress with her young cubs.

I don't bow down to mankind

I would like to aks what dis means.Jah did say dat wombman should submit demselves unto da kingman.what kind of bowing is da I refering to? make I over

'if you go around telling your wombmen dat be sure dat you'll perish childless and lonely!'

not need feh curse da Ite when Him seek overstanding

'I know you should not serve her, only serve Jah'

what does da I mean by dis.when we see one we see Jah,right.like Christ,we serve others.why exclude da wombman

'i heard a song called never show a woman how much you care because she will trample over you, its called a woman is a shadow a man is an arrow.'

dats exactly why Imanuel burn reggae....

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2010 11:24:22 PM

Black Imanuel Dawta, the I said,

---------------------
what does da I mean by dis.when we see one we see Jah,right.like Christ,we serve others.why exclude da wombman
---------------------

Yes I, that is the key thing, I and I serve One Another, because I and I are One. So it is the same and even more so among Man and Woman, because of the Nature of their Oneness. I and I should alway do what is best for One, so since Man and Woman are One, I and I should always Live as One. Haile Selassie I is the Driver for RasTafarI people, whether Man or Woman, following Selassie I example is the best thing for I and I.

The I also said,
---------------------
man and wombman haffi know demselves and da role they play in da fambly,seen.
imagine if man was at home taking care of tings while da wombman was out working.even da scripture teaches ones how man and wombman haffi live.
---------------------

I don't know the fullness of what the I meant by the statement, because it could mean different things depending on how the I thinks that a wombman has to Live. So for now, I will Reason of I view of it.

In regards to I child and I future children, for the beginning of their Life, I know it is best for I Empress to be with them and I to be working, that is why I would never take what they call paternity leave, and stay at home with the child while I Empress works, that would be depriving the child of Nature, in terms of the mother feeding the child, and in terms of all the other countless things about a Woman that makes them Mother.

And as I children grow, I would still not make I Empress work while I stay at home. If she is working outside of the home, than I will also be working outside of the home. That is our current movement, both of I and I work outside of the home.

Here is something Selassie I said about Woman and working.

-----------------------------------------
Education of Woman

With regards to the boys, We are satisfied with the progress made. Our hope in this circumstance is partially fulfilled; but the prospect of Our female children is frightening. It is as if they die early and leave their parents childless; for as soon as they show some promise in their education, they are, either by their parents or of their own accord, married.

The money We spend on the girls' schools seems to be wasted because they leave before receiving enough knowledge. If this state of affairs continues, how can We reach the goal of public education for which We have planned and are planning?

Today, the women of the world are not content only to live as housewives. In most countries they are striving harder and harder for higher education so that they may participate in the civic duties of their community and nation. In time of war, women like men, have served their country and some of them have fought side by side with the men against the enemy.
-----------------------------------------

Messenger: Ten Sent: 2/25/2010 11:35:16 AM

Greetings
I feeling is that ones should not get caught up in this talk of "equality", all are equal in the eyes of Jah. If man and woman live by this principle one nah need to talk of 'equal rights' from a Babylon perspective. As Alpha and Omega; man and woman are equal but we are not the same; we are different that is why there are things are man can do that woman cannot and vice versa. A woman humbling to a man or a man humbling to a woman is not a sign of greater strength over another, but respect and whomever is in receipt of that respect must honour that person and treat them right. If one is to have love for a woman; treat her with respect and kindness, do what is in you heart - ones here cannot tell the I how to love, that must come from within. All I can say is love as your heart and mind feel, but that does not mean you should compromise your love of Jah nor should it lead you off the path of RasTafarI.

Jah Bless

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 3/2/2010 8:41:29 AM

its not nice to be followed from one thread to the other and questioned about or comment on one's reasonings. it mek reasoning become boring for me... like Im being 'marked' or something... :-I

I always reason wit the ites dat gender based reasonings can offend certain genders if not put in the right way. I sight also dat ones and ones serve each other, not one serving the other period. we should all be able to serve each other in different ways. some wombmen dont mind to be told this and that about patriachal/matriachal doctrines but Im a nightmare to convince esp when things dont mek sense no matter how long they were like dat! I sight I Self as equal to man. I dont follow the order of man but I follow that of RastafarI. you find dat some are quick to put the beneath-me-above-you huraah to others in a way dat mek like above-you kinda ting and it vexes I. others talk about serving in an equal way. I sight dat. I hope I mek sense...

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 3/2/2010 9:12:56 AM

Mi will serve i Wombman as i should gladly and mi nah ask for nothing in return
Mi nah look for no "return" from no man or wombman, All blessings come from Jah.

To i I-sight, if a one starts off saying, i will serve him/her if he/she serves me, then one has failed already.

Serve ye one another and do it gladly

For if ye love only them which love you, what reward have ye? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father Selassie I which is in Hola Zion is perfect....and serve not only them that serve ye but even them you feel are not equally serving you in return, for Jah will provide

ini fe leggo the vanity

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I