Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3775&start_row=1

how can the I s relate?

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: osar Sent: 12/17/2009 4:32:09 PM

Messenger: osar Sent: 12/17/2009 4:34:58 PM

ORTHODOX AND RASTA

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/17/2009 7:13:20 PM

when i was in Ethiopia in 2007, i was in Gondar and this bright young ghetto youth asked if i was christian, i said Rastafarian, he returned and said Rastafarian is Orthodox because we believe in what the bible said

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/19/2009 1:23:33 AM

Depends if the I is talking about Orthodox the word, or Orthodox the religion.

If it is the religion, then it must be realized that to be Christian Orthodox, a person must stop Praising Selassie I and Sighting Selassie I as God.

Some people say that is not so, because people attend the Caribbean version of Ethiopian Orthodox Church (in countries in and out of the Caribbean) and still Praise Selassie I. They should go and ask a priest of an Ethiopian Orthodox church for Ethiopians and see if it is acceptable to Worship Selassie I as God.

The only reason that the Caribbean Ethiopian Orthodox Church tolerates people Praising Selassie I, is because they realized that if they didn't, they would erase all hope of convincing Rasta people to stop Praising Selassie I.

By tolerating it, they allow for enough time to convince, whether directly or indirectly, as many Rastas as they can to stop Praising Selassie I, and see him only as a good man, and instead only Praise Yeshua Christ.

That is why there are so many people who join the Orthodox Church and finally realize "all by themself" the untruth that Selassie I is not God, but still see His importance to the Christian movement.

I and I RasTafarI people could never be a part of this. The Praise of Selassie I will never leave I and I mouth.

Messenger: osar Sent: 12/19/2009 1:37:53 PM

seen Ark I
in the name of H.I.M. JAH RASTAFARI MIGHTY GOD

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I