Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3704&start_row=1

Are we One?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/11/2009 7:45:45 AM

If we are one, how is your sin not my sin, how is your blemish not my blemish?

If we are one, how is my victory not your victory?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/11/2009 9:53:00 PM

We were created to be One, but given the choice to be separate.

Generations of separation has made us very far from One.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/11/2009 9:59:42 PM

Also, if I and I Lived as I and I were created, the first two questions would have no relevance because they wouldn't exist.

But the third question would be very true. I and I all would be victorious with the ultimate victory.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/12/2009 1:18:46 AM

There is a gap im trying to cross, so give thanks for the reasoning, every word is like a plank to make a bridge

Ark I,allow me to take what you wrote and write it in another way. You might consider what i write more accurate, or less, than what you wrote, maybe accurate is not the word. If nothing else, it will help shed further light on what i was trying to say from the start,
but tell me what you think anyway.

You wrote,
"We were created to be One, but given the choice to be separate.
Generations of separation has made us very far from One."

What if i write that as
We were created to be One,but given the capacity to imagine that we are separate.
Generations of imagined seperation has made has very far from One,in our minds.

You see the difference

I think that perhaps we might be talking of the same thing, but on different levels, different way of looking at Oneness

The reason i say that is because, when you say
"if I and I Lived as I and I were created", it shows me that you are talking about Livity, True ways of life, to live as one, to share with eachother, to care for one another, to love others as how you love yourself etc...because all those things, while they are the true and only way, we have a choice over them. One can chose not to do those things, it will lead to certain destruction but, one has a choice not to live as One, and most exercise that choice, as we see.

But when i was talk about being One, i meant it another way. I am really asking about Oneness where, we do not have a choice.
I am not saying, do we live as One, i am saying, Are we One

In what im talking about, there would be no "if", when you say "if I and I Lived as I and I were created"
because we are created by certain laws. So if i am created by these laws i have to live by them. My mind can imagine all it wants,but i cannot escape them.
Because, im not talking about Laws of morality,where we have the choice to decide, i am asking of unchangable physical laws

I could say lke this , Man has a choice, he can live as one with Mother Earth, as the ancients did, or not, as Man does today.
But on the other hand, whether man lives as one with the earth ot not, Man and the earth,and the plants and animals and all living things are inextricably linked and joined together as One.
Is that not true

that would bring me back to my original questions

Messenger: DURU Sent: 10/12/2009 9:49:44 AM

greetings and blessings to all
InI r all part of the whole,1 is all is 1, d I concept of RASTAFARI is oneness to all in existence visible or invisible,a sin is not only affecting the sinner but all in creation and the victory is for the equal rights and justice for all creation
victory can only be accomplished by unity of InI according the law of nature.

SELASSIE I MENEN I GARVEY I
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/12/2009 10:49:50 AM

I am getting off topic for a moment,

Duru, if you wouldnt mind, can you give me further clearance on a certain matter.

I notice that you signed out by hailing Marcus Garvey along with Selassie I and Empress Menen I
as well you should

so, how is it that when a certain man called Ras Lietus was talking foolishness about Marcus Garvey and Africans, all you could say was
"Ras Lietus, bless up" ?

Is that all you could say after the man said "InI must look not into Garveyite principles" ??

just wondering how that works

Messenger: DURU Sent: 10/12/2009 7:16:44 PM

greetings and blessings to all

"The problem is not the whites who misoverstand Ras Tafar I, the problem is that Ras Tafarians want Afrikans to unite, but yet InI haven't got unity. What are u gonna teach Afrikans? Look at muslim communities. Where are InI schools, InI hospitals? Wasn't this what Garvey tought? Selfimpoverment? Unity? Yet InI say HIM is God, and don't have One Aim, just a lot of different houses witch say that they are the Only and true way, Shashamane shouldn't be like this, it should have flourished. It is InI who have failed and not the people outside of the movement, if InI want to blame somebody, let's look at InI selfs first."

it was on this statement of raslietus I bless up,next time Iman will be more clear on posting ,blessed

SELASSIE I MENEN I GARVEY I
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/12/2009 10:12:21 PM

Well, even from that little paragraph, i see so many things wrong with it, but alright, thank you for answering still.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/12/2009 11:56:41 PM

Physically, Creation will always be One. Iritually, Creation will always be One. But I Sight that I and I have been granted the option of being One in Spirit and Mind, or separate. Separate meaning separate from God and from the rest of Creation.

Regarding the Oneness of the Irits. Every person has some part of them that dwells in the Irits, and that part is One. When our Spirit is One with the Irits, then I and I are One in Irits, and the spirit is no longer mentioned because there is no separation in One. This is I own personal distinction between Irits(Spirit) and spirit, because there are many spirits, but only One Irits.

The way I Sight it is that when I and I choose to be separate in mind and spirit, it is not just imagination, but is actually the outcome of our desire to be separate. Jah is always there to guide, but allows us to misguide ourselves if I and I choose to. That is why Selassie I spoke of God as being the rudder. When Selassie I is our rudder, I and I are One, but when I and I choose to be separate, I and I are at the mercy of the waves because our misguidance of mind and spirit leads to falsehood and foolishness.

I agree that it is imagination when people think they are separate physically, because that will never change, I and I will always be One. I also agree that it is imagination if people think there is separation within the Irits. When I say Irits, it is the same as saying the Creator, because the Irits is the Creator and the Creator is One, with no separation.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/13/2009 1:36:03 AM

Yes, Physically,Creation will always be one.

But now i am wondering what you actually mean by "physically"-
Is that limited to the phisical, as in what we can touch and see ?

I apologize if my use of the word "physical" has caused any confusion

Because when i speak of the physical laws that we are created and governed by, these laws are not limited to the "physical" but encompass everything that forms the order of nature and creation.

And that would include the mind and the spirit.

My point is this, the first part of your sentence, i agree with
"Physically, Creation will always be One. Iritually, Creation will always be One."
But then you say
"But I Sight that I and I have been granted the option of being One in spirit and mind, or separate."

And my point is, if creation is One, then it is one in every aspect.
The laws that we are created by have made us One, and we were made to be One, physically, and spiritualy.

So i dont see how we can be One but have the option to be seperate in spirit and mind.
Because if one says that he or she is One with creation, but seperate in mind and spirit, then that personīs mind and spirit is only imagining that it is seperate, only believing that it is seperate, and therefore, LIVES, or should i say dies, seperate.

That is my point, We do not have the option to be seperate from God or Creation or even each other.
For one to seperate oneself from God in any shape or form, is to basically, cease to exist.

You know, thats why i said, physical laws, its like gravity. Its a law of creation and none can change it. Our minds can imagine all kinds of things, and using our mind, we can create devices like airplanes that can make us "imagine" that gravity doesnt affect us, but one technical difficulty, and we soon remember.

Ark , you wrote,
"The way I Sight it is that when I and I choose to be separate in mind and spirit, it is not just imagination, but is actually the outcome of our desire to be separate."

But what im trying to say is, our mind and spirit can only imaagine and believe , either by false desire or by miseducation, that we are seperate
And what is the outcome of that ?
That belief in seperation begins to manifest itself in our reality, not True reality, but the reality that we create for ourselves, because in True realiry, we can never seperate

But once we create that reality of seperation, then we start to live by it, and that life of illusion is perpetuated generation after generation, because, as you said, Creation "allows us to misguide ourselves if I and I choose to"

But God is telling us, the moment we stop imagining that we are seperate from God and each other,in any way, then we will realize that not only can we have God as our rudder to guide us through the waves, but lo and behold, He has always been our rudder.

You see it, its only the foolishness of mankind that made him forget a simple fact, that is, no ship is built without a rudder.

For a reason that i do not fully understand, somehow, for so very long, upto this day, mankind failed to notice the rudder on the ship.
An unused rudder is as bad has having no rudder, it will lead to the same destruction

And worse still, some knew that the rudder was always there, but decided that they wouldnt use the rudder that the ship was built with, but instead wanted to design and create their own rudder.
And thats what we would call idol worsip

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I