Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3663&start_row=1

***RELIGION***

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 8/24/2009 4:15:40 AM

Is Imperial Ijesty speaks:

We are gratified in particular, to note that the work of this conference has been concerned purely with religious, spiritual matters free from extraneous political considerations.

This is only fitting and proper, for the church, as a symbol of peace, must follow the path of peace in all parts of the world. For world peace can only be made abiding by the grace of God, through the prayers of the Holy Fathers. The truth of this cardinal fact is evident to all mankind.

Therefore, it has become the noble responsibility of Christians, and peoples of other faiths and their leaders throughout the world, to pray and to work hard for the preservation of world peace.

We have always been religious, ever since childhood, ever since the day our father, Ras Makonnen, taught us the commandment of Our Lord the Creator.

But we don't consider our religion alone valid and have granted the people the freedom to observe any religion they please.

We believe in the reunification of the churches, which is why we were so happy to meet Pope Paul VI during our voyage to Italy. We were greatly taken with him, we judged him a man of superior capacity, especially as regards his intention to work towards church unity. He received us with great friendliness.

-----------------------

We believe in the reunification of the churches, which is why we were so happy to meet Pope Paul VI during our voyage to Italy. We were greatly taken with him, we judged him a man of superior capacity, especially as regards his intention to work towards church unity. He received us with great friendliness.

-----------------------

huh?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/24/2009 9:51:00 AM

Here is something I wrote before:

----------------------------------------
Selassie I is impartial, He spoke good about the good things people do, and spoke against the evil things people do.

That is why He could say good things about the Queen or the Pope. When He met with them, He didn't dash Fire directly on them calling out their name. Selassie I was being courteous and respectful, and also speaking in a manner so that they would actually hear and not just shut their ears, He encouraged them in the good things they did.

Also, if the I notice, when Selassie I speaks of their wickedness, He rarely directs it toward a specific person. He speaks the Word, and all who are guilty will feel the Fire.

I and I are in battle against babylon, that is the result of the Seals Selassie I opened, so that is why I and I dash Fire directly on them. Selassie I observed, warned and Judged them, I and I chant out the Fire of that Judgement.

As I have quoted from Selassie I several times:

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

----------------------------------------

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 8/25/2009 10:57:06 AM

That is who Haile Selassie I is. There is nothing odd about what he said. If we really take the time to look at things objectively we will see that there is nothing strange about what Haile Selassie I said. So many Rastas attribute their own negative feelings toward religion and the pope, to Haile Selassie I.

Everyone views these things differently, and Haile Selassie I viewed religion positively.

------------------------------
"To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, therefore, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul." Haile Selassie I

"It is only when the human mind is guided by religion and morality that man can acquire the necessary vision to put all his ingenuous inventions and contrivances to really useful and beneficial purposes." Haile Selassie I

"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths." Haile Selassie I

“No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration.” Haile Selassie I

"In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by." Haile Selassie I (This is Selassie I quoting something said by Radhakrishan when Selassie I was giving him and award.)

"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God." Haile Selassie

"Men are coming increasingly to be judged by their talents and abilities rather than by the less meaningful and far more superficial standards of race and religion." Haile Selassie I

"The Unity of the Church, as Your Holinesses well know it, is the will of God and ought to be an inspiring example to all men. It should always be a help and not a hindrance to the unity of men of different religions." Haile Selassie I

"As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion." Haile Selassie I

"But we also know that unity can be and has been attained among men of the most disparate origins, that differences of race, of religion, of culture, of tradition, are no insuperable obstacle to the coming together of peoples." Haile Selassie I

"The Charter of the United Nations expresses the noblest aspirations of man: abjuration of force in the settlement of disputes between states; the assurance of human rights and fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion; the safeguarding of international peace and security." Haile Selassie I
---------------------------
Photobucket

Photobucket

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 8/25/2009 11:59:45 AM

bless

give thanks for the reasonings cah now it mek sense when i look at it from a different angle.

selah

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 10/20/2014 9:24:32 AM

Much thaks for the reasoning, I agree with the I...

Does any one know where this speech is recorded in his utterances

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 10/20/2014 9:24:39 AM

Much thanks for the reasoning, I agree with the I...

Does any one know where this speech is recorded in his utterances

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/20/2014 12:45:52 PM

Fire on Religion

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 1/5/2015 11:47:25 PM

Greetings

Has anyone identified when and where did HIM say this, But WE DON'T CONSIDER OUR RELIGION ALONE VALID AND HAVE GRANTED THE PEOPLE THE FREEDOM TO OBSERVE ANY RELIGION THEY PLEASE.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I