Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3604&start_row=1

Question

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rootzrasta Sent: 6/28/2009 2:15:40 PM

Would i be classified as a hypocrite, because i do go to church only because my mom makes i go,and i am a rasta!but in church i have to play a christian role! So am i a hypocrite?because i really dont wanna be that.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/28/2009 2:18:37 PM

what church do you go to

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/28/2009 3:00:14 PM

Well, it doesnt matter what church it is you go to. I just wanted to see what you mean by playing a christian role
ini do not play a christian role, ini Live Christ

Let me tell you a little story , young sistren

In 1923, Regent Ras Tafari visited Jerusalem.
While there, He was told of the suffering of a large group of Armenian orphan children.
These children were survivors of a massacre that had taken place a few years earlier when the Turks had slaughtered a large number of Armenians.
Ras Tafari took these children back to Ethiopia with Him to be raised there.
In Ethiopia, these orphans formed a marching band that would play at the Palace and Royal functions

Forward to 1930, the Crowning of His and Her Imperial Majesties.
It was arranged that the Armenian orphan marching band would play on that occasion.
When each delegation from each country came forward, the band was instructed to play the national anthem of that particular country.
Soon enough, the Turkish delegation arrived.
The Armenian youths of the band refused to play the national anthem of the Turks.
Because of this disruption, there was great anger in the Ethiopian Royal Court.
A royal council was called to decide how to punish the band for disobeying the Emperorīs orders.
When the children were asked to explain, they answered with tears in their eyes that they could not play the Turkish national anthem because that would be a dishonor to their families who had been slaughtered at the hands of the Turks.

The Emperor agreed that the children could indeed disobey His orders on this occasion because it would be a violation of the Commandment, "Honor thy father and mother that your days may be long."

So, sistren, that is your first duty, Honor thy father and mother. And honor them without any resentment.

Now i do not know how old you are, but there will come a natural time when you will leave your parents and go out to live your own life as you know it to be Right

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: rootzrasta Sent: 6/28/2009 4:55:46 PM

InI attend Church of christ only because my mom makes i go!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/28/2009 5:12:36 PM

As i know, quiet a few churches call themselves that. Would you be talking about the mormons?

sistren, there is no need for you to repeat about your mom, i already heard you

Messenger: rootzrasta Sent: 6/28/2009 8:34:55 PM

well we sing ocapella and also we dont have a cross or a pic of jesus on the wall,its a small church.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/28/2009 10:16:31 PM

Remember to always Praise RasTafarI wherever the I is.

Also, don't allow yourself to get indoctrinated by the church. Look to Haile Selassie I to find the Right path, Selassie I show I and I what to do, how to live, where to look, what example to Learn from.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I