Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3592&start_row=1

Abuna Yesehaq

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/23/2009 3:48:56 PM

When we say Rasta Bishop it is not we who have given this name to His Grace it is he who gave this name to Himself, "...Well, Yes, I am the Rasta Bishop." We have to to proclaim these things as it is imperative for the current and future generations that they know the Real His Eminence Abuna Yesehaq.
We will give an example in 1971 on New Years Day September 11 the "Rev" J.E.C. Farrell, D.D of the "Mount Zion University" Church in Hamilton Mountain, St.Mary Jamaica W. I launched an offensive against His Eminence then Abba Laike Mariam Mandefro, The Ethiopian Orthodox Church in Jamaica and Rasta in General stating in an editorial printed that day in the Daily Gleaner "...Before the nation is asked to support the of this church, as is being done, the church (E.O.C) should give a clear out-line of it's Biblical Doctrine and principles. We are already supporting enough falsehood and hypocrisy: we can compromise no further. It's only the truth can set men free. Sir Clifford Campbell said that "members of the Ethiopian Church should go out and teach so that people could get to know about God." Doesn't Sir Clifford know that Rastafarians are already busy teaching that Haile Selassie is God? And that all the Christian churches are fooling the people? The " Rev " Farrell DD goes on to say " If that is the movement our political and church leaders are now calling upon us to support, woe betide Jamaica. .......Jamaica is a backsliding nation that must repent and return to her God who made heaven and earth or perish! I am now ready to die for truth and right!"

[image]
His Majesty kisses Abuna Yesehaq's Maskal(cross)

Terrible assault in 1971, to which His Grace defended Rasta to Jamaica and the world. His Eminence who possesses a Masters in Divinity from Princeton University on top of being a monk priest trained from a young boy in the Ancient untouched by Rome Traditions of our Ancestors and the Ethiopian Orthodox church which is over 2000 years old replied to this challenge. After explaining the ancient Traditions and Christology of the Ethiopian Church founded on the Teaching of Our Redeemer Eyesus Kristos. His Grace then stated, "....Does the name Rastafarian, applied to an individual or group, diminish that individual's or group's humanity or citizenship? For many years Rastafarians just existed; today they are seeking, with their own incentive, because of the Orthodox Church to establish themselves as citizens of Jamaica, the world, Black Men and children of GOD. ......From my own experiences with Rastafarians since my first visit to the island last year, I know them to be an honest, peace loving, God-fearing and very creative people and by their membership in an ancient Christian Church obviously do not oppose Christianity."
Abba Yesehaq set the trend and he never stopped defending Rasta, at the end of 1971 reflecting on the 2,800 people he had baptized since May 23, 1970 the majority of whom were Rasta he said, "....It is the responsibility of the church leaders( the people he ordained and elevated as priests) to work in unity for the growing religious life of churches, and this must be done without trying to convert others from that which they remain attached, because such ideas bring conflicts among nations. We have seen the great fighting between the Romans and the Ethiopians. Revolt after revolt broke out, when the Roman Christians attempted to to bring the Ethiopian Christians under the Pope of Rome."(The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church And It's Activities in the West - Nation which has been the Fountainhead of Civilization, Abba L.Mandefro p.32) These are just two examples out of over 30 years blood, sweat and tears defending Rasta by the Rasta Bishop His Grace Abuna Yesehaq.

People need to understand what is going on as Abba Yesehaq said "...Vatican City is our worst enemy" For centuries Rome has been trying to conquer Ethiopia and in particular the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Why? Ethiopia is the ancient truth all the lies of the Western World has been revealed and it is preserved in Ethiopia.
Greece and Rome worshipped the Ethiopians as Gods. The White Lie of the West as being the cradle of civilization and the source of God and Divinity and Power is all revealed through Ethiopia.
When His Eminence Abuna Yesehaq opposed the appointment of Paulos it was not just the illegal method in which he was appointed violating canon law, it was the claw of Rome he was opposing. He knows the nature of Paulos this is a man who upon hearing of the so called "Revolution" in Ethiopia in 1974 rejoiced saying"...Yelala,Yelala they should pluck out his fingernails!", refering of course to His Majesty,The King of Kings.
Rome has a puppet in charge of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church in the person of Paulos. They are killing the culture and faith of Ethiopia literally. Paulos and his "armed Bodyguards" shot and killed a Priest who also opposed him inside of a church.That has never happened before in 2000 years, a Patriarch of the Ethiopian Church using armed bodyguards and killing someone. He submitted to Pope John Paul before his death now he is the Head of the World Council Of Churches he got his thirty pieces of silver.

They have taken the Lion out of the Flag, they are putting European Images of Christ in the Churches, they have taken over the Church leadership. All the church properties His Majesty gave to Abba Yesehaq have been turned over to Paulos by the courts in each country, The Majority of the Priests Abba Ordained in the West have betrayed Abba and gone to join the Vatican.
How can we say we are Rasta and not defend The Tewahedo? We who have His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie The First as our deepest spiritual concern how can we not be concerned with His Majesty's deepest spiritual concern, The Ethiopian Orthodox Church? How come there are a bunch of Roman Catholic minded Priests in charge, running away the sheep?
It is Our Fault the people are the Power, the voice of the people is the voice of God. Yet we have not accepted the the truth that the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is the Zion Train, The Black Starliner the fulfillment of the promise of the Father to gather his scattered and battered sons and daughters of Zion to their own vine and fig tree.
Are we truly the children of the Conquering Lion or devils in Hell with Hearts of stone as cold as Iron? What about the future, what have we done? Where are the tangible results of our work? What about our children who are subjected to the worst most corruptive propaganda ever conceived? His Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie sent Abba to baptize us, teach us the half we did not know, how to fast in order to shift Satan, what hours of the day the angels are near so that we pray and get blessing, how to say Igziabeher Ymasgan and know what it means, our language. Certain ancient teaching that was whipped out of us.
We need the Afro-centric minded, loving Priests in The Ethiopian Orthodox Church like for example Father Malekot Dobson in Jamaica.
Christianity did not come from Rome and Europe, Ethiopia is the Cradle of Civilization the knowledge of Justice, Peace, Love and of The Creator Himself is originated in Africa, Ethiopia. An Ethiopian was the first man recorded to be baptized 10 years after the Resurrection. The Eunuch in 33 A.D. (Acts 8: 26-end) Hundreds of Years before Constantine was even born, The Ethiopian Orthodox Church is New Jerusalem.

http://www.abbayesehaq.com/aboutabba.htm

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/24/2009 10:21:48 AM

Give Thanks for posting that Ras I Tom...I just had time to read it in its entirety, and while I knew that there are some negative views towards Paulos in the EOTC community, I did not know that Yeshaq had been so outspoken. Now I would like to know more about Paulos's appointment.

Did anybody else read this, or have any insights to share?

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/24/2009 11:03:13 AM

I think everyone might find this interesting:

-----------------
Gebremedhin expelled from Ethiopian church in Jerusalem
Posted By EthiopianReview.com On May 9, 2009 (9:05 am) In Ethiopia
The Woyanne-installed illegitimate patriarch in Ethiopia, Aba Gebremedhin (formerly Aba Paulos), was chased out of an Ethiopian Orthodox Church in Jerusalem last week, according to Ethiopian Review sources.
Aba Gebremedhin, along with Aba Gerima and other members of his entourage, had traveled to Israel on a working visit after his agents in Jerusalem promised him that he will be received well.
When the monks, priests and other members of the Ethiopian church in Jerusalem found out about his presence, they started shouting: "get out".
Shaken by the opposition, Aba Gebremedhin (aka Aba Diabilos) sneaked out as he sneaked in like a thief.
The gun-toting Aba Gebremedhin was named "patriarch" in 1991 only because he is a loyal Woyanne tribal cadre. He has no qualification and no moral standing to become a patriarch of the EOTC.
After he was named patriarch by the Woyanne regime, he built a huge palace for himself in Addis Ababa while ancient Ethiopian churches fall apart due to neglect. Extremely rare church manuscripts have also started to be sold to tourists by other Woyanne cadres he brought with him. Such national treasurers as the cross that belonged to Abune Petros, who was gunned down by Fascist Italian forces for refusing to cooperate, were handed out to Qes Zebene and other friends of Aba Diabilos as gifts and wedding presents for being loyal agents.
Aba Diabilos travels with an army of bodyguards in armored vehicles. A short time after he took over the EOTC, one of his bodyguards shot dead an unarmed monk, Bahitawi FekadeSelassie, right in front of him. The Bahitawi was trying to deliver a complaint letter when he was gunned down in cold blood.
After the 2005 elections, when students were trying to hide from death squads of the Federal Police and Agazi special forces, he ordered churches in Addis Ababa to close their gates and those who managed to get inside were handed to the security fores.
The damage that has been inflicted on the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church (EOTC) by Aba Gebremedhin can only be compared to that of Ahmed Gragn hundreds of years ago.
Tag: Ethiopian News
------------

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/25/2009 7:43:09 AM

I had heard about the armed bodyguards, and armored cars, before, as it is kind of a joke amongst some Ethiopians. I also knew that there was a lot of negative public opinion, but until I read that last article and then continued to do some more research last night, I hadn't fully appreciated the scale of contempt that Paulos is up against. That story about the shooting of the Ba'atawi is horrible, and I found several sources online that all gave the same basic account of the incident. Well, it's not like I ever had some big hope of Paulos doing good for ET, but I am saddened to see one more babylonic device meddling in the lives of the EOTC community. Seems like just another anti-Christ reppin' fer Jesus to make a dollar, very troubling, the worst part is that if One listens to interviews with Paulos he can come off like a very intelligent person and it always drives me nuts when I see One in positions of such power using their mental capacity in such a twisted sort of way...I'm gonna stop ranting now...

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/25/2009 8:54:02 AM

I hear you.
It is sad indeed.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I