Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3577&start_row=1

The holy water and sand

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 6/15/2009 2:48:00 PM

GREETINGS AGAIN,
How do the i dem sight the "holy water" and the holy sand (emmnet)??
It is one of the most important elements of the EOC.
As HIM is the Head of this Church.... so How can i and i adress this topic bout holy water as RastafarI. i have never came across RastafarI talk about this.
one of the palaces was built right by the "hot water" ( fellu weha).
Monasteries all over Ethiopia perform miracles and wonders with this Holy Water and sand...
well one might say it depends on the monk how righteous he is..true also.
but If i and i have any thoughts on this ...
Blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/15/2009 4:11:38 PM

RasTafarI people trod more with the baptism by Irits and Fire. That is why I and I don't speak much of holy water.

Matthew 3

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/15/2009 6:48:23 PM

As for healing with water..I think it is really the peoples faith that heals them rather than the water.

Now about baptism. I have a question. His Majesty I said that every man should emulate Yeshua's life. Yeshua was baptised by submersion of water. Do the I them sight the emulating of Yeshua's life also including emulating baptism? As this was no doubt a very important part of Yeshua's life.

Also what do the I them think Yeshua meant by baptism by the Holy Spirit and Fire?

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/15/2009 11:07:24 PM

Selassie I show I and I:
------------------------
When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by HIM.
------------------------

Emulating Christ is following the ways and teachings of Christ. It is about how the I lets your mind think, it is about how the I lets your body behave. It is about how the I treats others.

I have nothing against water baptism, but I know that it is not a requirement of the Most High.

It is like the thing of animal sacrifice. Some think that it stopped being necessary after Christ come, but it was never a requirement of Jah. Righteousness is the requirement of Jah. And when we do wrong, sincerely and truthfully regretting our wicked action and always working to never let it happen again. Animal sacrifice was an offering out of respect for the Most High. Giving something that could have been used to feed you and your family, as a gift to the Most High, to show that a person appreciLoves the forgiveness. Jah would much rather I and I stop doing things we need to ask forgiveness for.

Psalm 51
[16] For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Not getting dipped in water will not make any difference at Judgement time for a person who Lives their Life for Selassie I. It is the Example of Jah that I and I need, nothing else. When I and I Live our Life for the Most High, no tradition, custom or anything else has any effect in terms of how Selassie I will deal with I and I. There is only One reward for the Righteous, nothing will increase or take away from that reward.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2009 11:32:48 PM

Blessed Love Royal Family

Give thanks for bringing this up brethren Jah Bird, it is an important question.
As the i said, HIM is the head of the church
But ini should sight the difference between Jah teachings, and church traditions. Ini Father is above all that.
As Ark i said
""When I and I Live our Life for the Most High, no tradition, custom or anything else has any effect in terms of how Selassie I will deal with I and I."". I cant say it any better than that.

I do not doubt that miracles are performed all over Ithiopia
But, i would not use the term "with this holy water"
I would say it more like "through holy water"

As Ras I Tom said, it is faith that heals and not the water itself

If you go to india, the Hindus will tell you that the river Ganges is holy.
I would agree with that in the sense that every part of Jah creation is holy in itself for it was created by the Most Holy Himself. But when they start to think that the Ganges river itself will actually save them, that is complete folly

As for palaces being built by Fellu weha, i might be wrong but i have never heard them to be considered holy water.....as far as i know, they are just hot springs....which i would agree have positive effects on ones health.

Now, i want to come to the concept of emulating the livity of Christ as ini Father taught ini to do.
Again, as Ark i said
"Emulating Christ is following the ways and teachings of Christ. It is about how the I lets your mind think, it is about how the I lets your body behave. It is about how the I treats others."
That is well enough said, but to bring it to the idea of "holy water", i want the i them to iditate on this following passage

"After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked."

What is Christ showing ini?

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/15/2009 11:57:09 PM

Just as Christ always shows Ones and Ones. Thy faith hath made thee whole. Thy faith hath saved thee.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/16/2009 10:25:46 AM

Good question...at least it had me thinking about some things.

I looked up the Holy water section in a book I have that was put out by the EOTC mission, approved by the Liq Siltanat (head deacon of Kidist Selassie) in 1970, a man put in place under the supervision of His Majesty,,,I dunno, I guess I feel like His approval is on the book, okay...anyways, it said Holy water was used to intercede with Jah on our behalf (like Ones appeal to Saints for the same reason), but it also made the point that the water is symbolical as a form of purity.

Certainly We as humans are dependant on water for life, it makes up what? over 70 percent of our body (I think), we use it daily for cleaning. I feel that its purifying properties are quite undeniable. I agree that it is Ones faith at work that creates a change, and not the actual water, but It has proven useful for many (and quite natural) to look for an external inspiration before We start to manifest something within. I also like the naturality of water and sand, as these are elements that play vital roles in our life force, however the EOTC does use other things as well (crosses for example) that are also there to provide that external inspiration.

I think many people find it difficult to use scripture or other human examples as their sole inspiration to create the "miraculous" that they wish for, so they begin to look to things that don't have such a man made vibe.

Rastafari people have been looking to His Majesty from the Iception and that sets Rastafari apart, in that there is no hesitation to put faith in the human example, although I think its crucial that Ones use the example to create and maintain the change within and not keep looking only to the external.

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/16/2009 11:22:08 AM

As for baptism, Yeshua tells us the pupose of baptism:

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, "You must be born again.' (John 3:3-7)

SunofMan, the I said:
"Rastafari people have been looking to His Majesty from the Iception and that sets Rastafari apart, in that there is no hesitation to put faith in the human example, although I think its crucial that Ones use the example to create and maintain the change within and not keep looking only to the external."

Is the I saying that we cannot depend solely on the external human example?

Does the I think that we can fully depend on the human example at all? Or is the human example solely a means of inspiration, as is Holy Water the external inspiriration which leads to the manifestation of the faith which results in the healing?

Can inspiration sustain us? Do you think that external inspiration gives enough spiritual food to sustain the spirit?

Jah can provide inspiration for us through external examples. But are the external examples enough? Shouldn't we look to the source of all sources? Shouldn't we look first to Jah, then to external inspiration? If we look first for inspiration through external examples that Jah privdes, then what happens if these external inspirations are no longer available?

If I looked first to Holy Water, instead of Jah (the source of all sources) who privdes the water which gives us inspiration to manifest the faith needed to heal myself, then what happens if I do not have any Holy Water available?

--------
Ones use the example to create and maintain the change within and not keep looking only to the external.
--------

I agree with the I in the sence that we can use the Holy Water as the inspiration that can lead us to the realisation that faith heals.
However when it comes to faith, I do not think we should look solely within our SELF for the source. It is us our faith that heals, but what is the source of the power of healing through faith.

Would we be healed through our faith without Jah?
Therefore how much more powerfull would our faith be if it was put first and foremost in Jah?

It is our faith that saves us, it is our faith that heals us. But would faith be worth anything without the Almighty One, the source of all sources, that without beginning and without end? Isn't it Jah who is the source of our faith's worth?

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/16/2009 11:42:46 AM

I do apologise if it seems like I was going on a bit, but I was kinda reasoning with myself and typing what came to mind.

Selam.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 6/16/2009 3:13:38 PM

give thanks for the reason,

Yes I and I clear word sound...It was not baptisim i was questioning about but the use of "holy water" and the sand.
It depends on the faith one has, just as Ras i tom said and the example given by
Ras KebreAB,..oh yes Thee i is right i don't belive that Felu weha is holy water my mistake.

"When I and I Live our Life for the Most High, no tradition, custom or anything else has any effect in terms of how Selassie I will deal with I and I." enough said.
Blessed.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I