Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3574&start_row=1

Question

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rootzrasta Sent: 6/14/2009 2:07:35 PM

Did Jesus and Jah go through the same thing because while in church they were talking about jesus dying on the cross,saving our lifes? Did Jah go though that?

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/14/2009 4:44:30 PM

you should look that up for yourself, you most know or are rootrasta in the making.Jah father ,son Jesus.

fire

Messenger: rootzrasta Sent: 6/14/2009 9:28:07 PM

Greetings
the Rock

look im young and still learning about the high and mighty Jah Ras Tafari(there is alot that i learn each day but that question i was thinking about) that is why InI asked the question!

Messenger: the rock Sent: 6/15/2009 12:28:05 AM

so did you look it up? start with the roots .
its cool youth, there is no fight here.
just thought being that your name is rootsrasta(post name) that you would no what rasta is.but as i say no fight here.just look in past post and the bible also your heart and mind. study.

peace be unto you

Messenger: Seedone Sent: 6/15/2009 2:15:28 AM

I don't have any youths of my own, yet, but from my perspective it would seem that the greatest sacrifice a father could make for his son would be to lay down his own life. It seems peculiar that the reverse would also be true, I feel that it would only bring sorrow to the father to have to bury his own son. Especially if he was his only (or favorite) son. We may never fully understand the mysteries of Jah.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2009 3:43:22 AM

Someone light a candle in here, people groping in the dark here.

Ark I, i feel like letting the i do this, but If this is still the same when i return in the evening, i will try to help

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/15/2009 4:09:53 AM

I walked half way down the block and returned to post this, so i hope it helps the i them to overstand.

"the rock", ini dont really apprecilove your ways.

The young one came here to ask and search. If you have anything to show, then show it. If you dont, then better to stay quiet. How does it help them for you to just say, look it up. Isnt it obvious that they come to a Rastafari site to "look it up"??

Anyway, here is a previous post that i made, hope it helps. It is the seperatist mind that makes this things hard to overstand, when really, it is quiet simple.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/17/2008 12:44:41 PM

Blessed Love

Ini have to overstand, when King Selassie I The Almighty fullfilled HIM prophecy to put on earthly flesh and walk amongst men, it doent mean that JAH left his heavenly throne to come dwell amongst ini. Jah still there pon HIM throne. But as HE put on flesh, on earth,He is a man.
This is why when the doubters say King Selassie is a man,i say yes,you are right.But that still doesnt negate the fact that He is the Almighty still.
Same way in the times of Christ. He is Jah in flesh,but still he is called the Son of Jah,because in flesh,He has become a man.

So,if ini begin from Revelation 4, ini sight that
"behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne."
Who is the One?
"Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come"
Seen,that is not a man sitting on the throne#, that is JAH in all His Glory and Purity

Then as ini move to Revelation 5, now ini ask who is worthy to open the Book, but now we are looking for a Man in flesh
"And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. "

But one Man was found
" behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof."

One man "having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth."

Why does he have the seven spirits of Jah?
Because he is Jah

So ini must sight that the One on the Throne and the Man who is like unto a lamb,are One and the Same.

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

Ini know that when ini say, Praise to Jah, there is no "and" to follow.
ini do not ever say Praise Jah and so and so
Only Jah gets the Praise
Jah dont need no partners to do HIM works

But here it says
"Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever"

HIM that sittet on the Throne and the Lamb are accorded the same Blessing and honour and glory and power.....
For no other reason than that they are ONE

#"that is not a man sitting on the throne"
I said this to show a difference between the Unseen,Omnipotent and Omnipresent Jah, and the Man in flesh
But as the reasoning shows they are One and the same

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/15/2009 4:59:02 AM

Blessings

First of all overs that the Fire in RasTafarI burn for the purification of One’s mind, body and soul and to blaze out all confusion. And there is indeed some deep confusion; firstly if the I them are going to carry a name which bears the name of I Father then the I them must know its a heavy one to bear. I’m not saying don’t take on the names but please know the implications of what ones name means and what others might interpret from the name as the rock has already pointed out. RasTa is a serious thing so if the I them call themselves RasTa this or Ras that or Bongo this or TafarI that or Menen or Omega and even rootzrasta, Seedone know thyself and know the Father, Haile I Selassie I. Now secondly there is some serious confusion here and it’s my impression neither of you two know what RasTa is about, but it’s irie because each one teach one is TafarI way. It’s not founded on the Xtian illusion that Yesus was sacrificed as God’s greatest gift to people; RasTafarI believes in the Living God Almighty so there is no talk of things of death when I n I speak of the Father. This is my overstanding of things; there is a much bigger story to His Glory and this is only one part and one reasoning.

Now if you look at John 14 v 1 it says:

“For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son and whosever believe in him, shall have everlasting life”

John 6: 47
“I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life”

John 11: 25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

1 Corinthians 15:51-54
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come
true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."

Of the Lion of Judah’s Coming

Rev 7 v 15-17
Therefore, "they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Rev 21 v 4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

Notice that in all these verses the greatest gift The Creator has to give is eternal life; not death nor sacrifice. God gave to the Earth was His Son to teach the people love, humility and to restore their faith in God and the greatest thing was that God as King, as Man in Flesh ruled upon this earth to fulfil prophecy and give I n I a New World Order to live by. Now why would a Father sacrifice His Son as a sign of love for all people, when clearly His Son says I come to give eternal life? Where does Yesus Himself say I die for the people and I sacrifice myself? Is that not how people interpreted His death; there is more power in His resurrection than in His dying. He was killed by Pontius Pilate; NOT sacrificed. He defied death and was resurrected. The story goes on to the Lion of Judah; the Italians attempted to de-throne Him, they failed, in 1974 there was a military coup and they tried to remove Him as Ruler, they tried to kill the Father but they failed, again. He defied death again, He vanished from this world. As the Living Spirit, He manifests in I n I who are the Children of TafarI and follow the way of RighT.

Know that it’s not a sacrificial death the Father requires of I n I; time and time again the Ible says God no longer requires sacrifice as in the times of Abraham & Moses, but to trod the RighTeous way; to rise up against Babylon into a Iyah light.

As His Majesty wrote;
“Some people have written the story of my life representing as truth what in fact derives from ignorance error or envy; but they CANNOT shake the truth from its place even if the attempt to make others believe it.”
And that is why the Xtian philosophy of crucifixion has such a strong hold on the people; because one group believes something for so long and with such conviction and enforcement that others are enslaved and colonised into that way of thinking; even to the point that they fail to see their own greatness or even question if this is really the truth. But I n I see from far; that is why RasTa speak of the opening of the Third Eye and pray to a Living God.

Praises to the King
Haile I
JAH RasTafarI

Messenger: rootzrasta Sent: 6/15/2009 9:41:42 AM

The Rock

InI do know what Rasta is?? He is the High and Mighty one!
That question had just came to mind through! So i asked it,yes i read the bible,and read up on my history,Im Rastafarian, but im still learning more and more

Jah Bless

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/15/2009 10:28:58 AM

Greetings...

What struck I about the question first posed was that the I said you heard it in "church", right? so I'm assuming that means some sort of denominational formal church, no?...probably, anyways...I know that they are always talking about the father and the son, but what I'm trying to overs is what church teaches a full distinction between the two.

I know I grew up going to church every sunday and they were always clear on the father and the sun are One and the same. Take it further, the father sun and the holy spirit (I prefer mother), Trinity are One and the same. At least in a simple philosophy we could say that Through the infinity that is the Most High we as humans are a growing extension of Jah-(through father and mother children are produced and on and on). Science tells us the universe is always expanding and changing.

There are some good reasonings on this forum to look at. Keep in mind that regardless of the churchical teaching, it's I and I in that anything I feel Jah feels, We are One. Notice how His Majesty always speaks in "We" 's. He is leading us to the conclusion that We have no separation. His Majesty has always felt Ones pain...

Ten made a great point

"And that is why the Xtian philosophy of crucifixion has such a strong hold on the people; because one group believes something for so long and with such conviction and enforcement that others are enslaved and colonised into that way of thinking; even to the point that they fail to see their own greatness or even question if this is really the truth."

This shouldn't be forgotten. Also, if the I wants to dig deeper, look into Horus and Osiris myths, this Icept evolved from a long time ago.

Selam

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I