Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3547&start_row=1

isREAL Character

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/29/2009 10:11:45 PM

Real Character

When wealth is lost, nothing is lost,
When health is lost, something is lost,
When character is lost, all is lost.

The man of sterning character is the great builder. He is not only a builder of himself, but according to his opportunities he builds around himself. He builds his enviroments, he builds his comunity, he builds his country, and sometimes he helps to build a world.

The greatest possesion of man is character. He can well afford to lose his wealth, and even his health, because if he has caracter he can recover them. So few men pay attention to the most essential natural element in good living. If more people had devoted themselves to the development of good character there would have been less misery and less unhappines in the world.

All men who have conquered in every walk and sphere of life, were fellows with good character, that is to say, they were men who found the noblest in themselves, who felt that self-development and self-growth were the greatest expression of a normal existence. Those who have failed to develop the meritorious character have become the stragglers who everybody passes on the wayside.

With sterling character you can destroy a world and rebuild it, you can go down into the depths and them rise to the hights, you can meet adversity and laugh at it on the way back to prosperity. It is only a characterless coward who goes down permanently. The fellow with the sterling worth, with the urge of honesty, of self-confidence, of nobility, sees no defeat, admits of no handicap, nor barriers, he must climb to the surface. Can we not inspire Jamaicans to develop the finest and nobler character that would make them builders, not only of themselves, but to their country? Can we not point them to the deeds of other men who have from oscurity lifted themselves to the highest of human usefulness all through the development of real character?

The chance of raising obove the level of unfortunate men is for every one who will ennoble himself by forcing out the good that is in him. What good you have in you, please bring it out. Nature never made you so soul-less, so character-less, as not to have some virtue that can be brought to the surface. Lazy, timid, awkward, character-less Jamaican realize that you have something in you that is worthwhile. Search yourself and find it. It is a noble character that may mean a nobler life to be lives for the blessing of humanity. After reading this, make up your mind to come out of yourself and let the world know you and of you. You can do it.

Marcus Garvey
Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI KING ALPHA QUEEN OMEGA

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/30/2009 11:43:17 AM

Marcus Words are such strength. He has inspired many of I movements and troditions.

His Heights is so lacking amongst I and I. He built up great things, some of which fell, but he always picked himself up and built again, never quiting or giving up. While many of we don't even start to build.

I always love to quote these words from Marcus.
--------------
man who cannot get no work, should make work, be creative
--------------

I and I need to learn to make work. Or I and I will always be dependant on somebody else for living.

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I