Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3524&start_row=1

the namesake

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/12/2009 11:07:44 AM

Greetings...

In hailing Qedemawi Haile Selassie and Qedemawit Menen,the Almighty I, why do Ones take the namesake RasTafari, which is a title that does not truly encompass all that His and Her Majesty have revealed theirSelf as? How did that come to pass?...a His and Herstory lesson please...

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/12/2009 11:32:21 AM

I can't say for sure, but it might be because Haile Selassie I means "Power of the Trinity", so I and I chant Haile Selassie I, but keep the name for Selassie I.

And Tafari means "one to be feared", so I and I RasTafarI people who are SoulJah's of Selassie I, are the ones to be feared by babylon.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/12/2009 11:37:41 AM

Well, first, i wouldnt be called Selassian, just as i wouldnt be called Rastafarian, right, ini are called Rastafari

On the other hand, ini are not called Haile Selassieans or Selassians or any other, but by Rastafari for the simple reason that the children sighted and knew their Father when He was Ras Tafari, before He was Crowned with His Empress and took the title of H.I.M Haile Selassie I

As i see it

Bless
Rastafari

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/12/2009 3:34:20 PM

In an interview His Majesty called I and I Rastafarians. Is this just the english translation, or is that actually how His Majesty called I and I. I was asking Iself this the other day, as to why HIM did not call I and I Ras Tafari, as we are His children, we are part of him, He is the body and we are the many members. I figured it might have been to avoid any confusion with the interviewer, as most ones outside of Ras Tafari knew the followers of His Majesty as Rastafarians. So maybe His Majesty spoke to the interviewer in a way that not to confuse him by calling His own name when referring to I and I.

Give thanks,
Qedemawi Haile Selassie I live!

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/13/2009 7:40:28 AM

Give Thanks for the Insights...

To be feared, yes RasTafari is...

I'm wondering,

"On the other hand, ini are not called Haile Selassieans or Selassians or any other, but by Rastafari for the simple reason that the children sighted and knew their Father when He was Ras Tafari, before He was Crowned with His Empress and took the title of H.I.M Haile Selassie I"

Is there knowledge of Ones sighting H.I.M. for all that He is, prior to His coronation?

And, maybe this is going too far, but why not Dejazmatch Tafari, Negus Tafari, or even Lidj Tafari (I can understand why Ones wouldn't cleave to the word Lidj, but it was prior to His Majesty's birth that priests had already sighted some significance), also, the name Haile Selassie was begotten at baptism (forty days old, right?), so Haile Selassie is the first namesake besides Tafari Makonnen.

In regards to what Ras I Tom was saying...I would be very interested to hear a better translation of that interview, and One of these days I'll have it. If He did say RasTafarians perhaps it was for clarity with the interviewer, I can't be sure, it's a good question though.

Selam

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/13/2009 8:24:15 AM

blessed.

yes... one day we will have that, indeed.

"Is there knowledge of Ones sighting H.I.M. for all that He is, prior to His coronation?"

Yes. Who do we think crowned HIM? From what I have been told, the Abuna presiding did crown HIM chanting such words to him...

Psalm 72

By Solomon.

"God, give the king your justice; your righteousness to the royal son.
He will judge your people with righteousness, and your poor with justice.
The mountains shall bring prosperity to the people.
The hills bring the fruit of righteousness.
He will judge the poor of the people.
He will save the children of the needy, and will break the oppressor in pieces.
They shall fear you while the sun endures; and as long as the moon, throughout all generations.

He will come down like rain on the mown grass, as showers that water the earth.
In his days, the righteous shall flourish, and abundance of peace, until the moon is no more.
He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, from the River to the ends of the earth.
Those who dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him.
His enemies shall lick the dust.

The kings of Tarshish and of the islands will bring tribute.
The kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
Yes, all kings shall fall down before him.
All nations shall serve him.
For he will deliver the needy when he cries; the poor, who has no helper.
He will have pity on the poor and needy.
He will save the souls of the needy.
He will redeem their soul from oppression and violence.
Their blood will be precious in his sight.
They shall live, and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba.
Men shall pray for him continually.
They shall bless him all day long.

Abundance of grain shall be throughout the land.
Its fruit sways like Lebanon.
Let it flourish, thriving like the grass of the field.

His name endures forever.
His name continues as long as the sun.
Men shall be blessed by him.
All nations will call him blessed.

Praise be to Yahweh God, the God of Israel, who alone does marvelous deeds.
Blessed be his glorious name forever!
Let the whole earth be filled with his glory!
Amen and amen.

This ends the prayers by David, the son of Jesse."

We spoke recently, and it does crop up in reasonings re: Fari often, about His Majesty's comments regards questions of his divinity. There are a 'usual suspects' select set of interviews and speeches made or given by His Majesty put forward in discussions normally... I wonder then; why when the Abuna of HIM church was chanting the above right in HIM face, why His Majesty never said... 'no no no, stop. this has all been a mistake. why are you speaking the prayer of Solomon, son of David, son of Jesse at my crownation. what on earth would that ever have to do with me'.

For I... this trod is a mode of overstanding for those who need this in this dispensation. But as far as the question of whether ones and ones knew HIM prior to His coronation; my guess answer would be a definitive yes.

Give thanks for the reasoning. The psalm I just pasted makes my temples rise. I love it.

One blessed royal love.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/13/2009 10:30:02 AM

Give Thanks...

Yes I, Yaa, the I makes an excellent point and on the part of the EOTC, and other Ethiopians for their own part, it had certainly occurred to me that they knew what they were witness to prior to the coronation. I should have been more clear, in that...do we have knowledge that there were some who had taken His namesake prior to His coronation (One who calls themSelf a RastafarI). Clearly the Ethiopian priests and layman alike were still holding the namesake of Christian.

I wondering, was Leonard Howell, out there calling himSelf a RastaFari prior to the coronatino, or Dunkley, or Hibbert etc....(that's a hypothetical), but I've only heard of these men calling Rastafari after the coronation, and so still I'm wondering why sighted the namesake Ras Tafari).

Selam

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/13/2009 10:50:15 AM

ok...yeh, i see the question now. I did misunderstand.

yeh. I have no idea...

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/13/2009 11:35:29 AM

Blessed Love Royalty

Give thanks for the giving of thanks

SunofMan, here are some points that the i can research

When did Marcus Mosiah make his prophecy concerning Rastafari

why not Dedjazmatch or Lidj Tafari?
Because it was as Regent of Ethiopia Ras Tafari that his Name first began to be published throughout the world

"In 1924, Ras Tafari toured Europe and the Middle East visiting Jerusalem, Cairo, Alexandria, Brussels, Amsterdam, Stockholm, London, Geneva, and Athens.
Throughout Ras Tafari's travels in Europe, the Levant, and Egypt, he and his entourage were greeted with enthusiasm and fascination. The "Oriental Dignity" of the Ethiopians and their "rich, picturesque court dress" were sensationalized in the media; among his entourage he even included a pride of lions, which he distributed as gifts to President Poincaré of France, George V of the United Kingdom, and the Zoological Garden of Paris. As one historian noted, "Rarely can a tour have inspired so many anecdotes.
In this period, the Crown Prince visited the Armenian monastery of Jerusalem. There, he adopted 40 Armenian orphans ,Arba Lijoch, "forty children" who had escaped the Armenian genocide of the Ottoman Empire."

lol, iyah, i dont know whats wrong with i
I wrote a long post on this, and i just remembered something.
There is actually a good reasoning about this on tape, which i havent heard in years.
So i might as well let the i listen to it. And i will play it again for iself as well, and then ini can reason on it if the i wish.
On the tape, im sure there are some reasonings about evidence that one can find about people who were labeled as Rastafari way prior to 1930.
The reasoning is between Mutabaruka and the Rastafari lawyer Miguel Lorne

http://www.mutabaruka.com/mutaseh.htm

Just scroll down the page. You will see all the extended reasonings.
There is one reasoning with the title "Emergence of Rastafari"

you might need realplayer

hope this will help

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/13/2009 11:40:46 AM

I thought I remembered hearing that Ones and Ones were chanting RasTafarI even before the Coronation. But I didn't have any references to back it up so I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I