Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3523&start_row=1

Spiritual and material

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/11/2009 9:49:45 AM

"It is important that spiritual advancement must keep pace with material advancement. When this comes to be realized man's journey toward higher and more lasting values will show more marked progress while the evil in him recedes into the background. Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being." H.I.M Haile Selassie I

I have begun to notice that many take this teaching on an individual level....on an "i" level
which is fine in itself, yes,you can apply this teaching in your own personal life and strive to achieve a balance between the spiritual and the material

but what is not fine is when ones forget to sight this teaching on an "ini" level, the whole a humanity, seen.

And if you sight it on that level, then you wont fail to notice that there is a gross imbalance between the spiritual and the material in the world today.

So when you sight some of ini idren, in their personal lives, completely ignoring the material and wholly concentrating on the spiritual, do not try to use this quote as if to say they are not paying heed to His Majesty´s Word

....just remember all the ages and centuries that i irits were downtrodden for the sake of the material

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/11/2009 10:34:01 AM

seen.

"just remember all the ages and centuries that i irits were downtrodden for the sake of the material"

sounds like we are saying that black people were put in to this situation because they took money or other goods over freedom, enslavement over there own land.People have always been enslaved, or taken in some scam ,not only for money reason(or material gain), but also because they, sat themselves and there pass aside and looked to someone else to give them there future.They take a lie over the truth.

Todays enslavement of people as of day of day of old, is by force.You could be walking down the street and someone pull you in to a car or van, some take you away and that is you enslaved. (Mexican slave trade , they are even coming into your house now!)

As him said "we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both" That way we see what we are working for mature, or reached full natural growth or development.

balance ,Keeping balance requires integration of inputs from multiple senses (equilibrioception (from the vestibular system), vision, and perception of pressure and proprioception from the somatosensory system) with the motor system responsible for muscle actions.

Also these thing applied to a person walk in there life's. that is what i took from the quot.

I give thanks, for more reasoning.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/11/2009 11:42:00 AM

"sounds like we are saying "

who is we?........no i, that is what you are saying

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/11/2009 11:50:22 AM

meant to write we, as a hole but I meaning you, would have sound like I meaning me, was attaching something or someone.

we are saying the same thing, but i wanted to go a little further, as far as what you posted about not using these quot.

"So when you sight some of ini idren, in their personal lives, completely ignoring the material and wholly concentrating on the spiritual, do not try to use this quote as if to say they are not paying heed to His Majesty´s Word"

why would I not use these quot to show what HIM said about the subject.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/11/2009 12:09:26 PM

I think Ras KebreAB is saying that while it can be applied to individuals, it can also be applied to a nation or group of people. So there might be some people in the nation or group who mainly deal with the Iritual aspect because it is their purpose to do so, while others would deal with the physical needs, not only for themself, but also for the Ones who are Livicated to Iritual Heights.

This can even be seen in ancient times when the Levites were given no land of their own, but were meant to deal with Priestly duties amongst all the other tribes, and each of the other tribes would provide them with land and food so that they could focus on the Iritual things.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 5/11/2009 12:31:01 PM

The i is getting the meds Ark I

An overstanding of Oneness is required

Rastafari

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/11/2009 12:31:29 PM

ArkI

I got you.

my wife and i ways taking about one of your post about the different jobs people have in a house.

I get what your saying.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 5/11/2009 1:58:58 PM

Greeting Rock,
could thee i explain the following quote?
"but also because they, sat themselves and there pass aside and looked to someone else to give them there future.They take a lie over the truth."

i could really iverstand what thee i meant by that.
Blessed.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 5/11/2009 2:22:35 PM

when people was taking over by different nations, the conquering nation would come in with a philosophy, that would be spread across the land.
people would take it and not put up a fight ,or die, or just not take the philosophy and become the rebel.Fight the missed used words or view that is in other words a lie.

I think people are in need of someone to point out the right way, but for me every day I am trying to learn something everyday, so everyday the right way change also, not from good or bad but just different angle I see i can take to get somewhere.

i know that was more then you asked hopefully , you understand what i meant.

Messenger: Garveyite Sent: 5/11/2009 3:18:27 PM

Blessing to all soldiers of FARI,

Different people have different interpretations of everything said, so no one is ever really wrong.

But I have an observation, if HIM was talking about material as applied to the community in general, doesn't it also mean Jah's reference to spiritual worth should also applied to the society as a whole?

Let us assume there's a way to make everyone as rich as everyone (distribution of wealth and all dem isms), is there a way to make people as spiritual as each other?

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I