Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3504&start_row=21

Healing Hair Oil

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/15/2015 5:14:15 PM

i think honey is ital and vegan as well. i just dont like it. i always have to think about the bees which produce it. so i get paranoid and i dont want to eat their stuff. but i think the bees dont care if you eat it or use it.

alright. cool. give thanks. i have avoided shampoo for a while too but then i had to deal with dandruff. my concept is to wash them everyday and to use shampoo like once a week. i just buy shampoo at the healt store or shampoo with a real good reputation when it comes to their production ways and ingredients.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/16/2015 1:47:39 AM

^Yes, obviously this is your choice, but personally I would not put anything on my hair that I wouldn't put in my mouth.

Even on the "natural" shampoos, if you look on the back label, they have hundreds of chemicals and perhaps 1 or 2 plant extracts as a tiny percentage of the whole. I don't use them (apart from that emergency situation which I talk of!) at all, for this reason.

It might take your hair a long while to adjust to just water after it is used to having it's oils constantly stripped, but I would say that after a month or two the hair just doesn't have oil problems anymore. At least this was the case for me.

Honey is a great treatment, but to be honest I rarely use it now and just water everyday seems to be enough. It is only the oil stripping effect of shampoos that cause the hair to produce much more oil, getting into a vicious cycle that keeps you dependent on it. At least, what I have found for myself is that just water keeps it clean but it takes a lot of adjusting time. You can expect your hair to be really oily for the first month perhaps before it adjusts to a sensible amount.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/16/2015 3:48:28 AM

yes. but the way i wash my hair isnt a thing which concept i would defend like nothing else. im open to change it.

when i started to live ital ive read that its the best way to change your routine slowly. at first you should wash you hair with shampoo every day and then change it into a two day/ four day/ six day/ seven day routine. otherwise youll get problems with dandruff and dry hair. this is what ive read.

after a few weeks i had to deal with those problems in deed. so i started to use shampoo again. right now i use it like once a week.
i have avoided shampoo for weeks before as well.

i think i will check honey and other things too in the future.

Messenger: Yohanes Sent: 9/16/2015 7:43:15 AM

Interesting to hear about honey for washing locks! Does is give bubbles and is it washed out easily? With long hair it can be quite expensive though.
Washing the crown everyday? For the I it is always challenging my energies and takes (the right) time.
Powers.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/16/2015 7:35:23 PM

Give thANKHs Ark I!

I LOVE the Hair Oil Recipe! YES I!

I'm a huge fan of Jamaican Castor Oil and also pure Coconut Oil.

For those who are experiencing hair loss (as I have around my edges due to 22 years of growth/weight and wearing a headwrap daily), I use Apple Cider Vinegar as well as a mix of Coconut Oil and Cayenne Pepper.

RasTafari Love!

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/17/2015 10:13:37 AM

i looked it up years ago. i was curious when it comes to hair loss as an effect of wearing caps as well but i think wearing something on your head doesnt cause hair loss at all.

hair loss is a special topic. im still kind of young, i havent reached 30, and i dont suffer from hair loss althogh i have to deal with a receding hairline but its not that bad at all and i just dont care. i never will. because i think ITS NORMAL.

the BUSNINESS regarding treatment in this case is a joke. when i look at other guys who have reached an age between 25 and 70, even celebrities and people worldwide, i barely see guys without receding hairlines in some forms, even bald spots or just thin hair. i dont like behaviour like this but if i start a check list tomorrow then im sure around 90 % of the guys ill meet on the street within ten minutes could be potential customers of special shampoos.

they cause a PANIC and make people hate themself because of their hair. and they tell them that this panic could only be fought by the help of their products. some people dont realize its the way nature works and its just normal to look how you look. i would never have a surgery to use hair from other body parts to implant it on my head. you have to see that this is no solution. its all about panic created out of nowhere to make people buy things.

of course even women "suffer" from hair loss and some even lose their hair and they just want to look as nice as possible. nothing wrong with that i think. but certain beauty standards are created to control people and to make money and chemicals and surgeries wont fix it. a certain kind of hair loss is just normal. if you have a bunch of girls in your living room, no matter what age, you can be sure there will be some hairs on your couch.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/17/2015 1:28:00 PM

Also, for hair loss try "He shou wu". It is a Chinese root, traditionally used in Chinese medicine.

http://www.nicehair.org/hair-loss-treatments/shou-wu-fo-ti-hair-loss-work

My grandmother has been taking this for almost her whole life (she began when in her twenties). She is now 80, and almost unbelievably maintains a full head of black hair. It must work!!

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/17/2015 1:30:52 PM

^I myself took if for a period of my life, too. Mostly as a longevity tonic, but I too noticed that as a result my hair grew perhaps twice as thick and fast.

PS the picture isn't of my grandmother!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/17/2015 3:14:23 PM

Brother Joe. Is dat yu in dat pic? Who is de other one if not your granny?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/17/2015 4:50:08 PM

i think its a picture of a woman before and after she took treatment regarding hair loss. it looks to me like its part of a company website or commercial.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I