Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3495&start_row=1

Visit of Queen Elizabeth II

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/27/2009 8:43:18 AM

Now I come here with respect and humility. Selassie I. The more I read His Majesty's words, the more and more I am convinced that HIM would not want us chanting fire on the queen and those in buckingham palace. I think HIM would want us to respect their royalty. This also goes for other nations also. HIM taught tolerance and respect, as a means of attaining world peace.
This is just something I was iditating upon the other day, and Jah showed me this speech.
I would like to know how the I them feel about this?

Visit of Queen Elizabeth II

February 1, 1965

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

It gives Us the greatest pleasure to welcome, on Our own behalf and on behalf of the entire Ethiopian people, Your Majesty and Prince Philip who are with Us in Ethiopia as Our honoured guests. We have long and eagerly looked forward to your coming, and We greet you this evening with respect and affection.

In coming to Ethiopia, Your Majesty, You have reaffirmed the friendship and depth of feeling which have for so long existed between Our two nations 'and their peoples and which serve as an indissoluble bond between us. You have, as well, contributed fresh evidence of the universality of man and of the fundamental and deep-seated ties which unite all people, whatever their race, cultural orientation or economic and social background, who share common principles and ideals and who strive for the attainment of man's most cherished goals. The Commonwealth of which Your Majesty is the Head stands today as symbol of this universality and provides, in its own way, encouragement for those of us who seek, on this African continent, to utilize in Our search for true unity what is best among the common instincts and aspirations shared by all men.

The Ethiopian and British peoples and Governments are old friends. Contacts between us stretch back many years. Our friendship was cemented and rendered indissoluble during the unhappy years in which Ethiopians, abandoned to the aggressor, struggled against overwhelming odds, first, to preserve their nation's independence, and later, to free it from the despot's heel. We personally cherish mixed emotions concerning those years. From 1936 to 1941, separated from Our people, exiled in a strange land while We laboured to muster sympathy and support for Ethiopia's cause, We were received by the British people with a warmth which nourished and strengthened Our will. And when, finally, the just God called the tyrant aggressor to account, soldiers of many lands marching under the British flag, fought side by side with Our patriots for the liberation of the subjugated and the triumph of justice and liberty over tyranny and oppression.

Today, Ethiopia looks to the British as staunch and firm friends in the struggle being waged throughout the world against poverty, ignorance and want.

Throughout the years, Ethiopia has enjoyed and benefited from the interest of British scholars and friends who have sought to know our country well and to convey to the world from which our nation was so long isolated a true sense of the richness of our life and the diversity of our culture. As this knowledge has been diffused, Ethiopia has been helped to emerge proudly to play a fuller role in international affairs. It is upon this knowledge and understanding that we have sought to build the international unity of the spirit which today constitutes the most important force for good in the search for a lasting world peace and a decent way of life for humanity. With the raising of all men to their rightful dignity and honour as individuals, they will be able to regard their fellows, of whatever nation, of whatever race, of whatever religious, linguistic or historical tradition, as equals, without jealousy, without fear, without undue pride. The British people are united with us in this field and we are confident that they will continue to lend their unstinting efforts in the accomplishment of the immense task which, together with other people of good will, they have joined their efforts.

Your Majesty, during Your Reign, which commenced in an African country only a little distance to the South, You have carried forward gloriously the traditions of Your lineage and brought new honour to the Throne which You occupy. Your Majesty personally enjoys today the respect, the admiration and the affection of all peoples to whom Britain serves as the symbol of indomitability in adversity, of courage when confronted by danger, of dignity and resolve when threatened with defeat, and of magnanimity and generosity in victory.

We shall never forget the warm and friendly reception accorded to Us by the British people during Our state visit a decade ago. Similarly, We trust that your stay with us will be pleasant. We hope that you will carry away with you deep and abiding memories of Our nation and its people. We ask all here assembled now to join Us in a toast to the continued friendship between the British and Ethiopian peoples, to the growth in prosperity and well-being of the British nation, to the health, long life and personal happiness of Her Majesty the Queen and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Holy Selassie I Menen I! Ises.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/27/2009 8:53:04 AM

But I guess it goes back to impartiality. Death to all downpressors. And I can't say there are not downpressors up in there. I know Emmanuel told the Queen to let his people repatriate, but she did not listen.

I just want to know what the I them think though. Because I know HIM was always respectful, and would honor those of other nations. We see also the photos of HIM with the high people within the catholic church.

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/29/2009 3:12:10 AM

bless,

I know Emmanuel told the Queen to let his people repatriate, but she did not listen.

"let my people go" tsk tsk (",)

sorry, i havent gotten to read it all so mek i read and then i'll add my bit. i couldnt resist sending this..

Honorable RootsTafarI Selassie

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/29/2009 9:12:42 AM

what is with the 'tsk tsk' all the time? Some times I get a sort of condescending vibe from that 'tsk tsk'.

Stay Haile blessed!
Ras Tafari live!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/29/2009 9:15:32 AM

Photobucket

Photobucket

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/29/2009 10:17:13 AM

Ras-I-Tom...Give Thanks for those images, in all my collecting and searches I had yet to see those two photos, I am always very happy to see an image I had not previously seen before. Very powerful too!! May I ask where the I had found these? I like the reasoning too, I've been thinking about it and would still like to hear more from Ones out there. Ras I do feel the I is making a good point...I think there are many sides to the issue though and I'd hope people will come forward with their input.

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/29/2009 12:20:03 PM

Yes I, blessed love. Ras Tafari live!

I found these on world of Jah, in a reasoning, where a guy was asking if they had any images of the Queen bowing before His Majesty I.

Stay Haile blessed!
Selassie I live!

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 4/29/2009 10:46:55 PM

Jah know who is the Royalty and who is NOT. Haile I, Selassie I JAH Rastafari, First Incient King of Iration, I and I Divine Ijesty

Messenger: RootsTafari Sent: 4/30/2009 8:03:23 AM

bless i-tom,

my lord, when someone says 'tsk' it's like sayin 'lol' but for some reason i find it strange saying 'lol'. tsk-in is sort of a throat giggle sort of and that's what i do and then i'll type it out. as for 'lol' what with it standin for 'laugh out loud', does it mean the i's who've typed it are actually 'laughin out loud'?!? overs? all in good spirit my lord. all in good spirit.

RootsTafarI Selassie

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/30/2009 10:17:29 AM

Selassie I is impartial, He spoke good about the good things people do, and spoke against the evil things people do.

That is why He could say good things about the Queen or the Pope. When He met with them, He didn't dash Fire directly on them calling out their name. Selassie I was being courteous and respectful, and also speaking in a manner so that they would actually hear and not just shut their ears, He encouraged them in the good things they did.

Also, if the I notice, when Selassie I speaks of their wickedness, He rarely directs it toward a specific person. He speaks the Word, and all who are guilty will feel the Fire.

I and I are in battle against babylon, that is the result of the Seals Selassie I opened, so that is why I and I dash Fire directly on them. Selassie I observed, warned and Judged them, I and I chant out the Fire of that Judgement.

As I have quoted from Selassie I several times:

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I