Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3487&start_row=1

gangs

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jah rain Sent: 4/22/2009 6:39:46 PM

much luv to di i dem

ini is a member of Ispace (myspace) and imon try to get as meny Rastafari friends as i can. but not to long ago ini came across some people who clame to be true Rasta but they seem to be usein di ganja fi getting f'ed up and not fi Jah, but das not what got me, what got me was that they seh they are in di Bloods gang, they were putin up di signs and everything. ini thought dat di i dem are peaceful so why do dey feel like dey can be inah di gang, is it right?

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 7:18:48 PM

jah rain

Greetings

It is a sin for InI to take the life of another brother. InI should not be in gangs, because not only do they promot violence, they promote stealing, drug trafficking, and all manners of unriteous livity.

However InI can be violent, if attacked first by another man. InI have the right to defend Iselves. But to actively go into gangwar, is wrong according to the livity of Jah.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: rasbud Sent: 4/23/2009 9:43:34 AM

Greetings bredren

I strongly feel ini na join gangs. Fire burn gangs down to ashes. Ini livity is mainly about in-powering the spirit of Jah that liveth in ini.
General Nyabinghi big up yourself. Usually in gangs, there is a certain number of people and gangs are mainly common among the youth. within the gang, there is a leader who orders the other gang members what to do. ini na take orders from anyone. only the spirit of Jah that liveth in ini tell i what to do.

Jah rain if you need friends well you have friends. Dont think everyone on this forum joined it to tease each other or for the fun of it. We are a family in the name of HIS EVER LIVING MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I. This is the rasta family. everyone on this forum is your friend. A true friend shall ever tell you dem words of truth.

give ises to THE MOST HIGH of this is right
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/23/2009 10:40:04 AM

I and I cannot waste our time worrying ourselves about ones who call themselves 'rasta' yet do not live in accordance to Haile Selassie I who is the living word. I AND I HAVE H.I.M WORKS TO DO. We cannot go about crying unto others everytime we see a wolf. I too once would complain about such things, but I realise that when I stop worrying Iself about such things and keep forwarding I can keep my focus on doing H.I.M works. We have to be discipline of mind, we have to focus on the works we have to do. Our focus should not be shifted because some ones who say they are 'rasta' are dealing with gangs. I and I children of Negus are RasTa, because it is I and I who uphold the covenant.

Jah Ras Tafari Selassie I Menen I live!

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/23/2009 11:17:37 AM

Ras I Tom

Bless the Itation, for what you said is good knowledge for the youth them. I have lost many friends to gang violence, and those who have survived the gangs have been stored away in human wharehouses that Babylon call prisons.

And if you look at it, most of the violence is among Israelites. When InI join these gangs, all we are doing is killing ourselves. And over what?!?!?!?!? Money, wealth, prestige, a street name?!?!?!? All of this is folly before the MOST HIGH.

I have spoken to the youth them, and have opened some of their eyes to see the truth of HIM. However at times I along with other bredren, have physicaly went on the streets passing out flyers to end gang violence and to love Jah Rastafari. Because of this, many brothers put down their guns, and turned to Jah. Others are still struggling with the livity, due to pressure from Babylon. But nothing happens over night. We constantly check in on the progress of X gang members, and those who are caught up in the system, or should I say shitsem!

I'm gonna be honest here for a second. If it were not for Jah, I would be a thug and a criminal. But Jah was ready for I, and called I by the voice of Emperor Haile Selassie I. When I looked into the Emperor's eyes, I knew I was DEAD WRONG! Ever since then I have been trying to live in accordance to his majesty's teachings, and the teachings of the Nyabinghi Mansion.

Also to Ras I Tom, you are correct, InI are a family here. That is why I see Rastafarians as I tribe, and family.

The scripture in Revelations state, "And my people shall be known by my new name". His new name is Rastafari, therefore InI are Rastafarians. This is my new family and friends now.

Jah Rain, the light and power of Jah shines upon you. Jah has smiled on you, for you are a seeker of truth, which mean that you are a seeker of Jah. That is a great quality in you. I hope all will be well with you as you encounter all men, be they wolves or sheep.

Jah Rastafari bless

Messenger: jah rain Sent: 4/23/2009 4:45:53 PM

much luv General Nyabinghi

ini is much like di i. before i knew Jah i was a Crip at a young age. it because of imon older brothas dey are high in the gangs. i praze Jah because he pulled i outta di fire. now i have peace but ini still caan stand seeing imon kill demselfs ova gang stuff. ini think i should make a move as you did and try and stop des, maybe if dey see someone their age and not just olda people tellin di truth then maybe it will make more impact on der lives.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/23/2009 5:12:22 PM

I think it is always important to have the mindset of helpfulness rather that judgment when sighting a lot of ones who hussle of the streets. I say this because I know there is ones who are put in the position because of the system, in which they now have no other choice but to hussle to feed their family. I know there is ones who have to carry a gun for self defence because where they live the only thing that validates you is the gun.

I have seen it from the inside how the upper class would look down on the ghettos rather than try to clean up the ghettos. Rather than giving guidance to a ghetto youth, or helping them in any way, they would look down on them as if they are some thug. But I sight there are some people who seem to want to be a 'thug' and, and then there are those who hussle because of the situation they are in, they have no other choice.

It is so easy to get in such a situation also because you can find ones being given a criminal record for whatever reason, then they cannot get a job easily even if they wanted to get off the streets. So babylon put them in the same position.

I and I have to look to help one another and forward as one. All that want help I and I must help, because I and I are one people (despite being nations, we are still imanity) who must forward as Jah intended in the beginning.

"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
Haile Selassie I

However I sight that those who do not want to be helped have to be left to their own fate. Those who love their wrong, let them remain in it. We have H.IM works to do, and have no time to waste.

Selassie I live!

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/23/2009 7:09:28 PM

that's rough on gangs, if u are in a gang you should always promote what it right, and be the example,

most times we are in gangs because we live in a community, and socialize with people in our age group, always be a good example

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/23/2009 9:11:34 PM

Jah rain

Jah will lead the I for what you should do. If you are young, then it will have more of an impact comming from a young person than an older person. Gangs is Satans way of destroying our own people from the inside. Not only does it kill InI, but if feeds the shitsem and they make money off of us when InI go to jail. It is just one big Satanic Babylonian cycle.

I see that you were a Crip. I was a member of the Black Gorilla Family. Now I am a member of Rastafari. Sounds much better, and I life is better.

InI are taking back Israel, one city at a time. That same ferocity that we had as gang members, now we must have that same bravery to fight against Satan, and his forces. Jah is the head of I gang, and I gang never take any losses.

Look bro, if you need anything contact me

generalnyabinghi@skins4life.com

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/23/2009 9:24:38 PM

RAS I TOM

I like that "Members of a new race".

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I