Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3482&start_row=31

What good has the feminist movement did for the black community?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/22/2009 3:50:10 PM

General, why are you saying that you didn't provoke her?

"That being said, I have always had RASpect for you on this forum, you know that, and I have had RASpect for all other wombmen here, except for one."

That was a provocation I, you knew it, and the Empress knew it, and it would be better if you owned up to it.

Now I'm not sure what the point of all the cut and paste articles was for except to allude to the fact that you've drummed up a conspiracy theory about what is formally known as the feminist movement and the I knows that the feminist movement is far broader in scope than what you are presenting. For many women it is just pure solidarity in the fact that they aren't subservient creatures, and that exists in free thought, not in the confines of what you're presenting.

Now, what could be more positive for the black community, or the world community for that matter, than a black woman, let alone all women, who feel free to tap into their natural strength and talents, instead of hiding it in fear of patriarchal wrath?

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/22/2009 5:05:47 PM

General, you said,
-----------------------------
perhaps you do not know the difference between hating women, and hating the feminist movement
-----------------------------

I know the difference, perhaps you don't know the difference between a feminist, and a strong woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Yes I SunofMan, that was one of the provocations, and another one was this
-----------------------
If you think that I was talking bad about all women, and juding all women based on one nutcase, then you seriously do my intelligence a diservice.
-----------------------

He was clever enough with this statement where he could easily back out of it and say he was speaking about Ellen, or somebody else. But it is obvious that it is a shot at Yaa.

And this post in itself was meant as a shot against Yaa. He brought it up in the guise of being something about the feminist movement, to indirectly take shots at Yaa by using feminism to try and suggest a relation to Yaa.

When a person argues with a woman that speaks her mind, and compares her behaviour to feminism and making several statements in regard to feminism taking over the RasTafarI movement and calling her all kind of other things, then says he will stop and not continue with the argument, then right after puts a post speaking about feminism taking over the RasTafarI movement. When a person does this sequence of events, it is completely obvious, at least to I, that it is a provocation against the person he was arguing with in the first place.

This is the same thing he did in the reasoning Perfection required, or to strive for perfection required?. Making a statement cleverly enough that it gave him a back door to claim that he wasn't saying it in relation to I and I on the forum, but just a "general statement" about the subject. Then used his backdoor, when Ras I-Tom confronted him about it.

Bullshit.

I almost never say a swear word on this forum, but I thought that word is an appropriate description of these clever attempts. General Nyabinghi, you suggested that you are good at word battles, I can see your cleverness.

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 6:22:00 PM

Ras Sunofman

General, why are you saying that you didn't provoke her?

"That being said, I have always had RASpect for you on this forum, you know that, and I have had RASpect for all other wombmen here, except for one."

That was a provocation I, you knew it, and the Empress knew it, and it would be better if you owned up to it.

****Actualy that was my answer to EMPRESS AND QUEEN SHEBA. She wanted to know why I was commenting on such as I was about feminism. I felt that she was beginning to think that my thread here was another attempt to get back at the Bobo queen. Now if you like, I will post the entire statement in reference to her question. remeber I did not contact Sheba, she contacted me concerning this. The bible says give every man an answer. So I answered. What is wrong with that? Anyway here is my entire post to sheba below.

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: Today 6:43:34 AM

Sheba

Blessings to you

If you think that I was talking bad about all women, and juding all women based on one nutcase, then you seriously do my intelligence a diservice.

I know of Ashrwa Kwesi and his wife, and the trips they take to Egypt. Kwesi also debates against Christianity, and the ancient Hebrew stories. Kwesi's position is to tear down Partiarchy, so he can make a living as an Egyptologistt.

That being said, I have always had RASpect for you on this forum, you know that, and I have had RASpect for all other wombmen here, except for one.

What we are talking about here is the feminist movement in particular, not our women. If you think about it, how can we be talking of our women, when our women did not even start the feminist movement? The movement was stared in Switzerland.

Now don't read me wrong, I could care less about race, but I am just giving the facts. If you study the feminist movement in relation to the civil rights movement, in relation to the family structure, no one can deny the ill effects of the movement in relation to the black community.

I know of the great women of the Bible. But no matter how great a person is, as according to the bible there is a certian order to this ORDIANED by Jah. No matter how great I become, as according to the bible Christ will always be my head. And the head of Christ is God.

But check this out, since the feminist movement OPENLY reject the bible, now where is the woman's position in the rank of things? If she is equal to man, why stop there? Why not keep climbing and make one's self equal to Christ? And then keep going and make one's self equal to God? Why settle for just being equal with men?

After all one can see themselves as God right? Is that not what Marxist is all about. If you read Marxism, you will see that man see himself as God. Could this be why the marxist agenda behind the DERGE is what is responsible for Selassei I's arrest in 1974?

I can go on and on, but I would not take this thread personal. However I would like for you to contribute your thoughts on the feminist movement, in relation to the black community, and try to show me the productivity it did FOR THE BLACK community. Meaning our families.

As black people is crime down?

Are black youth killing themselves any less?

Are elders being respected more?

Read sister Ali, and I doubt she hates black women. She is a black woman herself. I may get some black women to come on here, because when a man speaks, we always have to be hating.

This is not about hate Sheba, this is about love.

And I have much love for you, as well as roots, humble rasta, and others. But where were you when I was being attacked by a woman recently? Did you jump in and help, knowing that I can not hit a woman? NOPE didn't hear from you until I retaliated.

But let us stay focused. Let us keep this about the feminist movement. Let us not stray off track.

For the record, I LOVE YOU SHEBA!!!!!

"Now I'm not sure what the point of all the cut and paste articles was for"

****Hmmmm I have seen several cut and paste articles on this forum. If that is what concerns you, then what I find ironic, is that your concern over it has been noticably lacking until now. Never mind others who cut and paste, just target me. Could that be because you disagree with the message?.....Hmmmmmmm?

"Now, what could be more positive for the black community, or the world community for that matter, than a black woman, let alone all women, who feel free to tap into their natural strength and talents, instead of hiding it in fear of patriarchal wrath"?

****Hmmmmm so we should thank the white women (who were responsible for starting the feminist movement) for saving our backwards, and ignorant, as well as down trodden race? Thank God for the white woman, becuase up until then, we were oppresing our women as black men, and hated them.

C'mon bro, I could have CUT AND PASTED that from the back of a KKK pamphlet lol.

Are you serious?

I quess we should thank the white man for saving us from Africa also huh?

GET REAL BRO!

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 6:41:16 PM

ARK I

"I know the difference, perhaps you don't know the difference between a feminist, and a strong woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind".

***So you answer a question with a question....interesting. So since that seems to be your format I have one for you. Perhaps you do not know the difference between a "strong black woman who speak her mind", and "A woman who is cleary disobidient to the bible, and the ordained order set by Jah". Oh and spare me the whole judging thing. It is getting really tired.

Another thing you do not seem to know the difference in, is "judgeing VS analysing" Judgeing is when you look at somebody's life, and claim that they are going to heaven or hell. Analysis, is your God given right to od, if you have 2 eyes and a mouth.

The Bible says that the man is the head, and the woman is the tail. But you can never correct the woman, with weak men who think they are the tail, under the disguise of as you call it "cleaverness" to suggest equality.

"He was clever enough with this statement where he could easily back out of it and say he was speaking about Ellen, or somebody else. But it is obvious that it is a shot at Yaa".

****Cleaver????? You give me way too much credit. Now you are starting to think too hard. I was talking about her. But it was in response to what QUEEN AND EMPRESS Sheba had asked. All of this I explained in my earlier post to RAS Sunofman.

You do not have to assume. If you want to know something, I will tell you.

"This is the same thing he did in the reasoning Perfection required, or to strive for perfection required?. Making a statement cleverly enough that it gave him a back door to claim that he wasn't saying it in relation to I and I on the forum, but just a "general statement" about the subject. Then used his backdoor, when Ras I-Tom confronted him about it".

****Wow this conversation was not even between you and I, and yet you seem to have ALL the answers. Maybe you are upset that you intergected, and still the good brother agreeded with me that his assesment of me was wrong, we cleared things up and moved on. Sounds like this is becomming all too personal to you Ark I. I notice that you keep talking to me about this, yet you have not said anything to Eleazar. Did he not agree with me and my way of thinking? The reason why you have yet to deal with the issue of feminism, is because, the issue may infact be too much for you to take on. So you would rather ignore Eleazar's and my quality posts, just to keep this stupid fued going. Very scholastic of you! If anything, you are the cleaver one here.

"General Nyabinghi, you suggested that you are good at word battles, I can see your cleverness".

****Oh my dear bredren, you totally missed the entire point. I ststed that I am a songwritter, and that I could battle her with words. Basically meaning that I could "BATTLE" her. You know like the movie "8 MILE". She was trying to bust on me, so I could bust/make fun of her too. That is what I was talking about. I was not talking about debating her. She would not even be any compettion to me in a debate. All she does is call names, and insult. She would be thrown off a University's stage during a debate in like 2 seconds lol.

"Bullshit".

****You sound upset Ark I

Please tell me that you have not fallen into the ranks of those who can not love their brother, even when you may disagree?

Well anyway, Jah Rastafari bless you Ark I

And we are still comming to Toronto, to see what you are teaching. Perhaps those of us from Zion Hill can learn a thing or two from you.

Jah Bless ARK I

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 7:06:19 PM

ARK I

I find it odd, that you had no RASponse to this portion of my post bellow:

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: Today 3:24:53 PM

One does not have to be a woman in order to be a feminist. Infact the feminist movement put President Obama with a superman shirt on the cover of their magazine...(I forget the name of the magazine right now), but they called him a feminist. Usualy when one hides behind the tag of "hating women", it usualy mean that they can not intelligently explain their position with a sound point of view. Therefore that is the only course of action left for them to take.

And furthermore, I do not hate women. In my free time I lecture to wombmen once a week, and do community work checking in on the elderly sistren who their kingsmen have passed forward. In my efforts and passing out flyers, I have brought 263 women to the Rastafrian livity, and over 400 males to the livity. My knoweldge come straight from Zion Hill in JAHmaica. Everything I speak comes from the bible. I have debated Christians, Black Hebrew Israeltes, and Muslims. My debates alone have won over 113 women on college campuses. I was thanked by women, because some of them said, they did not even know HIM, and was happy I told them.

But you say that you are Nyabinghi. If so, I am comming to Toronto, when there is a function. I will send you a picture first so you know who I am, as well will I bring the priest of Nyabinghi, and we will see if you are teaching the Nyabinghi Order as prescribed by InI elders. No debating, we will just sit and listen.

Ask Zion Hill about me, you should be linked to all the Nyabinghi Mansions. My name was legaly changed to Nyabinghi. So that is my real name.

You know what ARK I, I actualy had high hopes for you. You see before Jah Rastafari touched I heart, I hated the white man from birth. All my parents and uncles did was show me videos of how bad the white people treated us in slavery and during the civil rights movement. They also showed me what whites were doing to South Africans, and all over the continent of Africa.

However it was Jah that came to me, and showed me the words of Selassie I, that told me that, "THE COLOR OF A MAN'S SKIN SHOULD HOLD NO GREATER SIGNIFICANCE, THAN THE COLOR OF HIS EYES".

I thought you were different than those that I had been shown by my family members as a child. But I can still see that you are judgeing me as a black man and not your Nyabinghi brother in the livity.

But that is cool though. But I will not let Satan win this battle. I am not going back to hating white people. Rastafari worked too hard with me to turn back to that.

Bredren whether or not you hate me or despise me, I still see you as my bredren. You are Nyabinghi, and you do HAIL Selassie I Jah Rastafari.

As far as Raven, Humble Rasta, Sheba, and all the good white people I have met, I will remember the good that they stand for, and I am pleased to have known and met them.

But I will not let this darken I heart. But I do feel that you are lost in reference to this topic ARK I.

And I hope you bring more to the Nyabinghi livity in Toronto.

Jah Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/22/2009 8:47:47 PM

General Nyabinghi, the I said,
----------------------------------
You know what ARK I, I actualy had high hopes for you. You see before Jah Rastafari touched I heart, I hated the white man from birth. All my parents and uncles did was show me videos of how bad the white people treated us in slavery and during the civil rights movement. They also showed me what whites were doing to South Africans, and all over the continent of Africa.

However it was Jah that came to me, and showed me the words of Selassie I, that told me that, "THE COLOR OF A MAN'S SKIN SHOULD HOLD NO GREATER SIGNIFICANCE, THAN THE COLOR OF HIS EYES".

I thought you were different than those that I had been shown by my family members as a child. But I can still see that you are judgeing me as a black man and not your Nyabinghi brother in the livity.

But that is cool though. But I will not let Satan win this battle. I am not going back to hating white people. Rastafari worked too hard with me to turn back to that.

Bredren whether or not you hate me or despise me, I still see you as my bredren. You are Nyabinghi, and you do HAIL Selassie I Jah Rastafari.
----------------------------------

Idren, I don't hate or despise the I. I also had high hopes for the I. But I knew if this Woman's place argument didn't finish, I and I would not see the time for I and I to have more fruitful reasonings. So I did what I could to stop it, but it didn't stop. There is still a chance of something better, so that I and I can show eachother who I and I are, instead of the perception we have for eachother over this Woman's place argument.

I may not be quite what you expected, but I am not like those people your family members showed the I. I would have spoken to the I the same way about this Woman's place argument irregardless of your skin colour. I perception of you has also changed because of this Woman's place argument. The I comes of as somebody who would be downpressive to a woman if she spoke against something you dealt with. This may not be the case, but that is how your reasoning has sounded at times.

I just hope that I and I can get past this Woman's place thing and move on to other things. Otherwise, I and I will not sight the full potential of I and I reasonings.

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 4/22/2009 8:56:44 PM

General Nyabinghi

What kind of Rastaman becomes a model for a living?? Eh?? What happened to the Roots and Culture Livity? Degenerated? For some maybe..

What Kind of Elder Rasta brags about himself??

Also King Selassie I is JAH, not battybwoy 'king'james. So when you say ORDAINED BY JAH it has to come from this Black Incient King, not the white bwoy who write that foolish Eurocentric philosophy in the bible an fill your head with it.

HAILE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTFARI IS THE ALMIGHTY I

I ask you, bredren, WHAT KIND OF RASTAMAN QUOTES A CHRISTIAN TO DEFEND HIS POINT? Instead of spending a great deal of time researching on feminisim, why didnt you use that time to study Black Culture, of Traditional and Ancient Black Africa and their overstadnding on what a woman is, and her superior state of being and her superior abilities that she has, even over a man, as true Africans of old and of now, will tell you that a woman can meditate easier than a man, enter into trance easier than a man, propheisises without fault, heals better, and so forth.

KNOW YOUR SELF, BLACK MAN AND BLACK WOMAN, IN THIS LAST JUDGEMENT

KILL THE POPE OF ROME AT THIS IWA AND ALL SECRET SOCIETIES AFFILIATED WITH THE BOY, AND HEART ATTACK ON THE GAL IN BUKINGHAM PALACE

LIFE AND LOVE TO THE RIGHTEOUS

HOLY KING EMAMNUEL I, SELASSIE I , JAH! RASTFARI

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 9:36:19 PM

FarI-Sight

Greetings

You seem to ask alot of personal questions, and I hope that my answers will live up to your expectations of I livity.

So let us deal with your first question.

"What kind of Rastaman becomes a model for a living"??

****Just so you know, I was a model, prior to my comming to Zion Hill. I told the priest what I do for a living, and told them that if they asked me to stop, I would today. They have not told me to stop, considering that this is a major source of income for me. Many good paying jobs would not hire me due to my religous beliefs, and demanded for me to cut my roots/locs. I declined, and therefore have not been able to work in corporate America. I have three families to support. So unless you are going to pay my bills, then I have to use my handsome looks to support I family and Idren.

"What happened to the Roots and Culture Livity"?

***I live it everyday ras. I teach I Idren culture, and I live by the laws of Jah. So you are loosing I here.

"What Kind of Elder Rasta brags about himself"??

****Perhaps one that was told he was ugly, and dying for ARK I to add an upload feature with each post so I can proove what I look like. Most wombmen think I am adorable. Did not the Ible speak of King David and his fine looks? Did not the Kebre Negast speak of king Menenlik and his fine looks? And when did I ever say I was an elder? I'm a souljah.

"Also King Selassie I is JAH, not battybwoy 'king'james. So when you say ORDAINED BY JAH it has to come from this Black Incient King, not the white bwoy who write that foolish Eurocentric philosophy in the bible an fill your head with it".

****Did not Selassie I say, "That the Ible is InI strength and refuge? I quess he was not refering to the KJV?

"HAILE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTFARI IS THE ALMIGHTY I"

***YES I, infact the Nyabinghi order only recognize Haile I. InI have no isms or schisms. So I agree with you.

"Instead of spending a great deal of time researching on feminisim, why didnt you use that time to study Black Culture, of Traditional and Ancient Black Africa"

***Brother this has to be a dig lol. First off you should know that not all African culture is the same. You have 10,000 different dialects in Africa, with over countless tribes, and you are telling me that all of Africa view wombman in the same light? Brother I have studied Africa more than you can imagine, and I will tell you nothing is further from the truth. I have studied under Dr. Muatwa Ashby, Dr. Carrathers, Dr. Naim Akbar, Dr. Yoseph Ben, Dr. Kwesi, Professor Smalls, Dr. Leonard Jefferries, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, just to name a few. I am well studiedm in African culture bro!

"overstadnding on what a woman is, and her superior state of being and her superior abilities that she has, even over a man, as true Africans of old and of now, will tell you that a woman can meditate easier than a man, enter into trance easier than a man, propheisises without fault, heals better, and so forth".

***Seen and overs! I know the value of wombman. But as a Bobo Shanti (I know you are) do you think that a wombman should badly mistreat men who have not said a word to them, and cussing, and telling men what to do, as well as acting rude in public? This is a direct question.

"KILL THE POPE OF ROME AT THIS IWA AND ALL SECRET SOCIETIES AFFILIATED WITH THE BOY, AND HEART ATTACK ON THE GAL IN BUKINGHAM PALACE"

***I love it!!!! Now you are starting to souind like you are a Nyabinghi warrior!

And I still can't believe you said that about me being a model. Women come from all over the world to Jamaica to visit us good looking rasta men. Being handsome is not a sin.

ONE LOVE

JAH LOVE

JAH BLESS

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 9:41:01 PM

ARK I

I overstand what you are saying, and you speak with the words of Jah. I want to reason further with you and hope that InI can be fruitful with each other.

I would never hurt an empress. Infact wombmen consider me the perfect gentlemen.

But you are indeed a good man.

My apologies, and I hope that InI can begin to reason again.

Much love to you ARK I

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 10:00:15 PM

Have anyone noticed this yet?!?!?!?!?

If I hated wombmen, then why would I have the name of an Empress?

The Nyabinghi order is named after the Empress Nyabinghi!

Infact Rasta Elder "Abuna Fox" claims that he does not trust the Nyabinghi order for that very reason. He believes that the Nyabinghi order worships Empress Nyabinghi. Well that is not true. InI worship Jah Rastafari. However Empress Nyabinghi inspired our movement with her heroics. But that is another topic for another time.

Jah Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I