Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3482&start_row=11

What good has the feminist movement did for the black community?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/22/2009 6:18:13 AM

plus look into esoteric studys.....

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 6:43:34 AM

Sheba

Blessings to you

If you think that I was talking bad about all women, and juding all women based on one nutcase, then you seriously do my intelligence a diservice.

I know of Ashrwa Kwesi and his wife, and the trips they take to Egypt. Kwesi also debates against Christianity, and the ancient Hebrew stories. Kwesi's position is to tear down Partiarchy, so he can make a living as an Egyptologistt.

That being said, I have always had RASpect for you on this forum, you know that, and I have had RASpect for all other wombmen here, except for one.

What we are talking about here is the feminist movement in particular, not our women. If you think about it, how can we be talking of our women, when our women did not even start the feminist movement? The movement was stared in Switzerland.

Now don't read me wrong, I could care less about race, but I am just giving the facts. If you study the feminist movement in relation to the civil rights movement, in relation to the family structure, no one can deny the ill effects of the movement in relation to the black community.

I know of the great women of the Bible. But no matter how great a person is, as according to the bible there is a certian order to this ORDIANED by Jah. No matter how great I become, as according to the bible Christ will always be my head. And the head of Christ is God.

But check this out, since the feminist movement OPENLY reject the bible, now where is the woman's position in the rank of things? If she is equal to man, why stop there? Why not keep climbing and make one's self equal to Christ? And then keep going and make one's self equal to God? Why settle for just being equal with men?

After all one can see themselves as God right? Is that not what Marxist is all about. If you read Marxism, you will see that man see himself as God. Could this be why the marxist agenda behind the DERGE is what is responsible for Selassei I's arrest in 1974?

I can go on and on, but I would not take this thread personal. However I would like for you to contribute your thoughts on the feminist movement, in relation to the black community, and try to show me the productivity it did FOR THE BLACK community. Meaning our families.

As black people is crime down?

Are black youth killing themselves any less?

Are elders being respected more?

Read sister Ali, and I doubt she hates black women. She is a black woman herself. I may get some black women to come on here, because when a man speaks, we always have to be hating.

This is not about hate Sheba, this is about love.

And I have much love for you, as well as roots, humble rasta, and others. But where were you when I was being attacked by a woman recently? Did you jump in and help, knowing that I can not hit a woman? NOPE didn't hear from you until I retaliated.

But let us stay focused. Let us keep this about the feminist movement. Let us not stray off track.

For the record, I LOVE YOU SHEBA!!!!!

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/22/2009 8:56:00 AM

Empress, you betta get on your belly... and crawl for this one... otherwise you might get a fat lip unless there is someone to jump in for you.

If Merira Kwesi was this dude's wife, he would have already sewn her lips and eyelids together... then glued her hands to his washing basin... and beat her black and blue when she told him about his ugly self.... talking about... EVE ATE THE APPLE! EVE ATE THE APPLE! EVE ATE THE APPLE.

fool. and by the way, I would LOVE to see the black women he brings on here who are supporting his brand of foolishness... especially the part where when RasTa Empress know themselves, they are compared to Whoopi Goldberg, Ellen Degeneres... and the 'feminist' movement (which is non existent if u didn't kno). But perhaps its some of his own harem who he has already ground into domestic farm-animal-like submission.

You are not West African anyway. You are only a west indian overseer. do u know that only a small number of you lot over there are KRS. majority of u r are pure coal for the fire. I have this on authority. so don't act like the hundreds of years you have been taught to pimp and beat your women hasn't effected you. it is plain for all here to see. Even Empress Sheba is now like... hmm..?

If you were Israel... or had any good guidance, you would have found a way to blaze it out by now. Put your finger pon it and see that it is pure X man ways you are promoting... and then even putting His Imperial Majesty behind your crazy bitterness. You haven't even the decency to leave HIM out of it, and just continue with your own stupid yammering.

Anyway... I love how all the rest of unuh are engaging this person. You will soon see. I think this is another Still Looking. Do any of you remember him? Well, anyway... I even miss Still Looking compared to some of the people that have passed through here since then. Unuhs just wait and see what this guy is going to pull out on all of u soon.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/22/2009 9:29:32 AM

Also Ras Ark-I:

I'm not excusing my attitude by any means. However, were somebody to come on here and start spouting off on racial, or any other lines, the way this man is representing his violence and attacking the validity of the Queen on the Crownation... as Fari principles (he's not even talking about his own meds, he is talking like... this is FARI PRINCIPLE)

I mean this man is talking like, any man could crown Empress Menen. He, in fact, no NUFF of you are acting like there is another woman that could have been crowned. Thee I them are talking like there was some co-incidence to the identity and role of the Queen on the day.

For the record... THEY TOGETHER are EACH OTHER'S FULFILLMENT. There is NO WAY Ras Tafari could have sat on the throne as Emperor and fulfillment without Her on the same day.

So, don't mind this idiot who has so little wealth as man, no war as warrior, definitely no crown as king... spouting off madness. He is denial cos he knows he has NO IDEA how to keep a Queen, never mind how to crown one in the first place. It's nuff slaves and maidens he wants.

Anyway, my point is Ark-I... I am astounded that thee I has not felt to straighten out this man's representation of how rasta should bully intelligent women, cos they shouldn't like 'girls' who are smarter than them.

Don't be vex with me nyabinghi. Just do what ur doing... and move for somebody in your own league. Ur right anyway... I really am a bit too much... I must need a real King to handle I and keep me in my manners.

You should do a bit more studying.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/22/2009 9:43:53 AM

Blessed Yaa Asantewa,

I have just now seen this post. I was chanting Ises at the Binghi this past evening for Selassie I visit to Jamaica.

I will respond soon.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/22/2009 10:24:15 AM

Yes I...I read this thread this morning and was like whoa?!?, am I missing something?

"I mean this man is talking like, any man could crown Empress Menen. He, in fact, no NUFF of you are acting like there is another woman that could have been crowned. Thee I them are talking like there was some co-incidence to the identity and role of the Queen on the day."

Give Thanks for that One...and I didn't even know where to begin in response, but this is a shame. Who doesn't want to see Wombman stand up straight and regal??? and tearing down the patriarchy??? is that what Asra Kwesi is doing, cause for a second I thought he was on point, seeing that all life is based on the perfect union of I God and Majesty, Man and Womban. How can we ever have balance in patriarchy? didn't the I see the picture, they are side by side, crowned at the same time. And for all people who only see the Man, His Majesty holds a sceptor and an orb!!! (masc an fem) for all to see, the physical perfect example reinforced in symbolism.

Eleazar please stop with the ridiculous pictures, like hollywood at the anti abortion rally really makes yer point?! come on. General please take a deep breath and think about the fact that without a Womban to put you on the path you wouldn't be there at all, let alone taking the breath.

Ladies...I bow...

Empress Yaa, give thanks...I remember still looking, although I'd rather not, and I'm not sure which I'd prefer...General you got work to do.

Selam

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 11:19:35 AM

More ignorance of course instead of answering the QUESTION "TITLE" OF THIS THREAD. Perhaps the question is too difficult for a mere hip-hop wannabe to answer. She claims that the women I deal with is under submission to me. Well maybe the men she deal with are softies, and weak behind so-called men. See 2 can play that game. All it takes is 10 fingers and a keyboard.

The only person who answered in regards to the topic was Eleazar.

Now I am a woman beater?

Now I am disrespecting Empress Menen? And ARK I chraged me with misinterpretation?

I stated, "When did Empress Menen support the feminist movement"?

That is a direct question......TIC TOC TIC TOC.....

Like all questions I pose, I bet I will get no answer on that one. It is easier to attack me based on some young girl who can't accept the fact that I could care less of her thoughts directed to me on "the speaking properly thread".

And for all of you who claim that I hate women, I challenege any of you to show me prior to the following post, posted by YAA Asanteewa where I ever said anything negative to a female on this forum? Here is Yaa Asanteewa'a post to me. Keep in mind that she posted to me first. I never talked to her before, and this is how she introduced herself to me.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/14/2009 7:24:08 AM

And by the way General Nyabinghi... you don't sound so different linguistically to slavers. even the pirates have slang... oh speaking of pirate's slang (creolising french, spanish and english as they sailed around the islands chopping up and raping locals)... don't thee I know this is only one of the affecting factors of the development of the creoles and patois in that part of the world.

Let me tell you something about Africans, InI teach the English English... hear that?

I don't mind you taking whatever stance you like on your own manner of conduct... but on this public forum if you are trying to tell InI African youth to draw down and carry on like some pirate cos you feel it is the way to p*** off your uncle Gordon or aunty Liz, or maybe in your case it's your uncle donald, or uncle dick, and let them know that you are 'down' with the rebels. Do you know what they do with our youth (I'M TALKING ABOUT BLACK YOUTH NOW) who speak like slaves... they treat them as such.

Now after His & Her Majesty come to demonstrate the thing L-I-V-E, and our prophet was treated HOW after boosting up his chest and speaking... what... PROPERLY... what about what they did to our High Priest when he is chanting freedom, redemption, repatriation... and holy high black supremacy; Selassie I First?

So... how you come to do the same thing to InI... are you calling InI something like 'uppity niggers'???? Cos that is how it is sounding to me.

Listen if you didn't know this, then hear this... do you know how real rebels talk in this time? Just like real royalty.

And let me quess, I am suppose to act like some 2 year old child and beg permission and the understanding of men to defend myself? You must be crazy!

First she comes off telling me how to reason with ARKON I, telling me rudely that I was wrong, and then claimed that I was some fake behind white boy pretending to be Rasta, and trying to show my white relatives that I am down with the rebels, as well as other insults, and using the "N" word.

And this is how an EMPRESS is to introduce herself to a Rasta lion of Jah?

And all of a sudden, I am not a true Rasta, because I won't kiss her behind? Look I only have one MAMA, and she is not it. I do not have to pray and bow to every rude behind woman that decides to through stones at me. If that is what you call a man, then go find some dart bord, crown it, and make it your king......I'm cool!

Still Looking".......Like you said there is no gray area with me, I am Nyabinghi.....DREADED Nyabinghi to be exact!

Now if we can INTELLIGENTLY get back to the feminist movement, and the ill effects that it has had on the black community, then I'll be grateful.

aaaaaahhhhh feminist movement anyone??????

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/22/2009 11:29:08 AM

Give thanks Empress Yaa

As the i said, you will soon see. I am just surprised it has even taken this long.
All ini ever need is a glimpse, Jah show ini the rest

RASTAFARI

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 11:35:28 AM

In the 1960's, the elite media invented second-wave feminism as part of the elite agenda to dismantle civilization and create a New World Order."

Since writing these words last week, I have discovered that before she became a feminist leader, Gloria Steinem worked for the CIA spying on Marxist students in Europe and disrupting their meetings. She became a media darling due to her CIA connections. MS Magazine, which she edited for many years was indirectly funded by the CIA.

Steinem has tried to suppress this information, unearthed in the 1970's by a radical feminist group called "Red Stockings." In 1979, Steinem and her powerful CIA-connected friends, Katharine Graham of the Washington Post and Ford Foundation President Franklin Thomas prevented Random House from publishing it in "Feminist Revolution." Nevertheless the story appeared in the "Village Voice" on May 21, 1979.

Steinem has always pretended that she had been a student radical. "When I was in college, it was the McCarthy era," she told Susan Mitchell in 1997, "and that made me a Marxist." (Icons, Saints and Divas: Intimate Conversations with Women who Changed the World 1997. p 130) Her bio-blurb in June 1973 MS. Magazine states: "Gloria Steinem has been a freelance writer all her professional life. Ms magazine is her first full-time salaried job."

Not true. Raised in an impoverished, dysfunctional family in Toledo Ohio, Steinem somehow managed to attend elite Smith College, Betty Friedan's alma mater. After graduating in 1955, Steinem received a "Chester Bowles Student Fellowship" to study in India. Curiously, an Internet search reveals that this fellowship has no existence apart from Gloria Steinem. No one else has received it.

In 1958, Steinem was recruited by CIA's Cord Meyers to direct an "informal group of activists" called the "Independent Research Service." This was part of Meyer's "Congress for Cultural Freedom," which created magazines like "Encounter" and "Partisan Review" to promote a left-liberal chic to oppose Marxism. Steinem, attended Communist-sponsored youth festivals in Europe, published a newspaper, reported on other participants, and helped to provoke riots.

One of Steinem's CIA colleagues was Clay Felker. In the early 1960's, he became an editor at Esquire and published articles by Steinem which established her as a leading voice for women's lib. In 1968, as publisher of New York Magazine, he hired her as a contributing editor, and then editor of Ms. Magazine in 1971. Warner Communications put up almost all the money although it only took 25% of the stock. Ms. Magazine's first publisher was Elizabeth Forsling Harris, a CIA-connected PR executive who planned John Kennedy's Dallas motorcade route. Despite its anti establishment image, MS magazine attracted advertising from the cream of corporate America. It published ads for ITT at the same time as women political prisoners in Chile were being tortured by Pinochet, after a coup inspired by the US conglomerate and the CIA.

Steinem's personal relationships also belie her anti establishment pretensions. She had a nine-year relationship with Stanley Pottinger, a Nixon-Ford assistant attorney general, credited with stalling FBI investigations into the assassinations of Martin Luther King, and the ex-Chilean Foreign Minister Orlando Latelier. In the 1980's, she dated Henry Kissinger. For more details, see San Francisco researcher Dave Emory.

Our main misconception about the CIA is that it serves US interests. In fact, it has always been the instrument of a dynastic international banking and oil elite (Rothschild, Rockefeller, Morgan) coordinated by the Royal Institute for Internal Affairs in London and their US branch, the Council for Foreign Relations. It was established and peopled by blue bloods from the New York banking establishment and graduates of Yale University's secret pagan "Skull and Bones" society. Our current President, his father and grandfather fit this profile.

The agenda of this international cabal is to degrade the institutions and values of the United States in order to integrate it into a global state that it will direct through the United Nations. In its 1947 Founding Charter, the CIA is prohibited from engaging in domestic activities. However this has never stopped it from waging a psychological war on the American people. The domestic counterpart of the "Congress for Cultural Freedom" was the "American Committee for Cultural Freedom." Using foundations as conduits, the CIA controlled intellectual discourse in the 1950's and 1960's, and I believe continues to do so today. In "The Cultural Cold War," Francis Stonor Saunders estimates that a thousand books were produced under the imprint of a variety of commercial and university presses, with covert subsidies.

The CIA's "Project Mockingbird" involved the direct infiltration of the corporate media, a process that often included direct takeover of major news outlets. "By the early 1950's," writes Deborah Davis, in her book "Katherine the Great," the CIA owned respected members of the New York Times, Newsweek, CBS and other communication vehicles, plus stringers, four to six hundred in all." In 1982 the CIA admitted that reporters on the CIA payroll have acted as case officers to agents in the field. Philip Graham, publisher of the Washington Post, who ran the operation until his "suicide" in 1963, boasted that "you could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple of hundred dollars a month."

I was born in 1949. Idealists in my parent's generation were disillusioned when the Communist dream of universal brotherhood turned out to be a shill for a brutal despotism. My own generation may discover that our best instincts have also been manipulated and exploited. There is evidence that the 60's drug counter culture, the civil rights movement, and anti-war movement, like feminism, were CIA directed. For example, the CIA has admitted setting up the (National Student Association as a front in 1947 http://www.cia-on-campus.org/nsa/nsa2.html). In the early 1950's the NSA opposed the attempts of the House Un American Activities Committee to root out Communist spies. According to Phil Agee Jr., NSA officers participated in the activities of SNCC, the militant civil rights group, and Students for a Democratic Society, a radical peace group.

According to Mark Riebling, the CIA also may have used Timothy Leary. Certainly the agency distributed LSD to Leary and other opinion makers in the 1960s. Leary made a generation of Americans turn away from active participation in society and seek fulfillment "within." In another example of the CIA's use of drugs to interfere in domestic politics, Gary Webb describes how in the 1980's, the CIA flooded Black ghettos with cocaine.

I won't attempt to analyze the CIA's motivation except to suggest what they have in common: They demoralized, alienated and divided Americans. The elite operates by fostering division and conflict in the world. Thus, we don't realize who the real enemy is. For the same reason, the CIA and elite foundations also fund the diversity and multicultural movements.

Feminism has done the most damage. There is no more fundamental yet delicate relationship in society than male and female. On it depends the family, the red blood cell of society. Nobody with the interests of society at heart would try to divide men and women. Yet the lie that men have exploited women has become the official orthodoxy.

Man loves woman. His first instinct is to nurture ("husband") and see her thrive. When a woman is happy, she is beautiful. Sure, some men are abusive. But the vast majority have supported and guided their families for millennium.

Feminists relentlessly advance the idea that our inherent male and female characteristics, crucial to our development as human beings, are mere "stereotypes." This is a vicious calumny on all heterosexuals, 95% of the population. Talk about hate! Yet it is taught to children in elementary schools! It is echoed in the media. Lesbians like Rosie O'Donnell are advanced as role models.

All of this is calculated to create personal confusion and sow chaos among heterosexuals. As a result, millions of American males are emasculated and divorced from their relationship to family (the world and the future.) The American woman has been hoodwinked into investing herself in a mundane career instead of the timeless love of her husband and children. Many women have become temperamentally unfit to be wives and mothers. People, who are isolated and alone, stunted and love-starved, are easy to fool and manipulate. Without the healthy influence of two loving parents, so are their children.

Feminism is a grotesque fraud perpetrated on society by its governing elite. It is designed to weaken the American social and cultural fabric in order to introduce a friendly fascist New World Order. Its advocates are sanctimonious charlatans who have grown rich and powerful from it. They include a whole class of liars and moral cripples who work for the elite in various capacities: government, education and the media. These imposters ought to be exposed and ridiculed.

Women's oppression is a lie. Sex roles were never as rigid as feminists would have us believe. My mother had a successful business in the 1950's importing watchstraps from Switzerland. When my father's income increased, she was content to quit and concentrate on the children. Women were free to pursue careers if they wanted to. The difference was that their role as wife and mother was understood, and socially validated, as it should be.

Until Gloria Steinem and the CIA came along.

Messenger: General Nyabinghi Sent: 4/22/2009 11:37:19 AM

The Impact of Feminism on the Family

Gloria Steinem sounded the war cry, "We don't just want to destroy capitalism," she said, "we want to tear down the whole f____ patriarchy."

As the women's movement turned fanatical and ugly in the 1960s and 70s the focus began to shift from reform and equal opportunity. The feminist leaders - humorless, militant, pugnacious, and angry with their particular lot in life, launched programs that were anti-God, anti-capitalism, anti-family, anti-birth, anti-heterosexual and fostered a virulent hatred of anything having to do with males. They no longer wanted to equalize the status of women, but instead wanted to irreversibly alienate women from men and vice versa.

"The fiction of fatherhood is a giant religion called Christianity."
- Jill Johnston in Lesbian Nation

Home and traditional family values are no longer accepted answers to the questions, "Who am I?" and, "What am I here for?" The preeminent purpose for some women have become their careers, and they decided against the value of home and family.

Taken over by radical leftists committed to adultery, lesbianism, and the perpetuation of "self" over motherhood and family, the women's movement led by the National Organization of Women (NOW), became an adjunct of the Democratic party. The Democratic Party left millions of evangelicals and pro-family Christians when they lurched to the left under George McGovern and his successors. During the 1970s, the Democratic Party abandoned its centrist pro-family base and became captive to the special interest of the radical left, including the feminists, extreme environmentalists and gay rights activists.

Radical feminists linked all the Marxist causes together by writing, "We want to destroy the three pillars of class and a caste society - the family, private property, and the state." [Peter Collier and David Horowith, Deconstructing the Left: From Vietnam to the Persian Gulf, 1991].

To accomplish their goals, organizations such as the National Organization for Women, Planned Parenthood, the National Education Association, and the People for the American Way, the Gay-Lesbian Caucus, and their ilk have arisen to champion unrestrained sex, homosexual rights, abortion on demand, while they attack Christian beliefs, conservative organizations, and all the traditional family structures of America. Feminism is an evil monster!

Dissolving the Family

Betty Friedan, founder of NOW, referred to traditional family life as a "comfortable concentration camp" from which women needed liberation. Sheila Cronan, one of the feminist movements most respected leaders and spokeswomen said, "Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking marriage."

Beginning in the 1960s and 1970s they launched an all-out assault on our nation's time-honored laws protecting the marriage union. Divorce was presented as an easy way out for the frustrated, disappointed or adventuresome.

Mel Krantzler, writing in Creative Divorce, stated: "To say goodbye is to say hello ... hello to a new life - to a new, freer, more self-assured you. Hello to new ways of looking at the world and of relating to people. Your divorce can turn out to be the very best thing that ever happened to you." That was a widely held professional opinion for almost a decade.

Within a few years, they and their Radical Left allies succeeding in overturning all fifty of the nation's "fault" divorce statutes and replacing them with what is called no-fault divorce. It was understood as an effort to secure for women the economic, political and social rights and protections that men have always enjoyed. A spate of pseudo-scientific studies assured parents that children were resilient and would recover quickly from the effects of divorce.

In their zeal they also stripped away from women, especially mothers with children, many of the economic and legal protections they had historically enjoyed in this nation, thus creating a whole new underclass in American society: the abandoned housewife.

The number of displaced homemakers rose twenty-eight percent between 1975 and 1983 to more than three million women. Another twenty percent increase from 1983 to 1988 brought that number to more than four million. An astonishing sixty-one percent of those women suddenly left alone had children under the age of ten at home. Often without job skills and stranded without alimony or child support, as many as seventy percent of these women make less than ten thousand dollars a year, and fifty percent are employed at minimum wage or less. It is, thus, readily apparent why a full seventy-five percent of all Americans living below the poverty line in the United States are women and their children.
[Sylvia Ann Hewlett, A Lesser Life: The Myth of Women's Liberation in America (New York: William Morrow, 1986)]

Promise Keeping Men are Threatening to NOW

A million men willing to put their wives and families first is very frightening to Patricia Ireland, head of the National Organization of Women (NOW). The men of Promise Keepers promise to love their wives, their children, and their neighbors as themselves, in keeping with the teachings of Jesus Christ, according to the New Testament. Why that should be threatening to Ireland and others of her ilk is apparent. One only has to look at their lifestyles for the answer. Non-Christians have no understanding of God's plan for our lives. What they DO have is a great deal of fear about the subject.

In more recent years feminism has turned more to a fight for abortion rights, lesbian rights, environmentalism and witchcraft. Gone are concerns about equal pay, assertiveness, and expressing one's individuality. In their place are women ensconced in bitterness, hatred, and resentment.

It is frightening for Ireland, and for Karen Taggart of the Washington, DC Lesbian Avengers, who said about the Promise Keepers, " we'll show them that lesbians are everywhere. We'll show them that lesbians have super powers" Taggart is truly afraid that the men of Promise Keepers have tapped into just such a super power that will render her message irrelevant to women.

What is it exactly that Promise Keepers promise that is threatening to NOW?

The men of Promise Keepers promise:

To honor Jesus Christ and obey His word.
To pursue relationships with other men, provide one another with spiritual strength to keep his promises.
To practice spiritual, moral, ethical and sexual purity.
To build strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values.
To support his church.
To reach beyond racial and denominational barriers.
To influence the world by witnessing and obeying, loving God and loving his neighbor as himself.

Abortion Kills a Child

Militant feminists searching for power found the absolute best way to exercise their control was in the area of reproduction. Abortion became the single greatest avenue for militant women to exercise their quest for power and advance their belief that men aren't necessary. They don't need men to be happy. They certainly don't want males to be able to exercise any control over them. The real message of the 'Dan Quayle' Murphy Brown episode was that women don't need men. shouldn't desire them, and that total fulfillment and happiness can be achieved without men or husbands. Abortion thus became the ultimate symbol of women's emancipation from the power and influence of men. With men being precluded from the ultimate decision-making process regarding the future of life in the womb, they are reduced to their proper, inferior role.

Gender feminists rallied in Beijing China in 1995 for the United Nations Fourth World Conference on Women. The Beijing document -- the text of which was heavily influenced by Bella Abzug and other radical feminists -- includes over 200 references to "gender" in various contexts, i.e., "gender equality," "mainstreaming a gender perspective," "gender diversity," etc. However, "husband" and "wife" are nowhere to be found in the 121-page document, and the terms "mother" and "family" were proposed to be changed to "caretaker" and "household." Clearly, the effort to change the semantics associated with the family is the first step in altering the way the world thinks about the family.

The roles defined by nature for men and women had become clouded in feminists minds and has led to all kinds of confusion, suspicion, and distrust between the sexes.

Women were liberated from the home, from their husbands, from their children - from having to bear children at all. Fathers were liberated from their authority. Children were liberated from limits, from rules, even their parents. And the entire population was liberated from moral and ethical standards. Yet it turns out that those things were precisely what held society together. "Family values" have been so scorned that we are left with neither families nor values. What do we have? Rampant illegitimacy and sexual disease, widespread divorce, and a generation of unloved, undisciplined, and uncared-for kids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can name anything you want to name, but I am opposed to anything in the world that de-emphasizes the line of difference between the sexes. I believe that ladies ought to be feminine and sweet and lovely and charming. I believe men ought to be strong and masculine and decisive. I’m opposed to anything that makes a man and a woman act alike, look alike, dress alike, or talk alike."

-Pastor Jack Hyles (quote taken from Dr. Hyle's sermon, Unisex)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I