Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3465&start_row=11

Speech falsely attributed to H.I.M??

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/27/2009 9:03:12 AM

Yes I, I have the Ilect speeches of 1918-1967, published by one drop books. I also have a book of quotes of H.I.M, published by the same publisher as the two auto biographies, edited by Prince Ermias Sahle Selassie, and no quotes from that speech are in the religion category.
The only person I have heard said it is in the selected speeches is Ras Power, but it is not in my copy. It also does not seem like HIM words, the more I come to know HIM words. Also it is undated. Everything that Selassie I wrote seems to be very official, and for this one speech to not be dated seems kind of strange, as every single other one is dated.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/27/2009 10:10:56 AM

Greetings...

I've been searching, and coming up short in regards to the origin of the speech. If it isn't His Majesty, I wish we could just confirm it. This speech gets wide use and it shouldn't be attributed to His Majesty if it is not H.I.M.. I've been looking over the "Important Utterances" 2nd vol of His Majesty's speeches, thinking that I'd read something similar in that volume in years past. The longer I dwell on the question I am too starting to doubt that it is actually His Majesty's word, which I find very frustrating, and I would appreciate all Ones and Ones who put in any effort to confirm the question at hand. In the meantime, I think I will try to link the I that posted the topic on the link that Ras I Tom provided.

Give Thanks...

Selam

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/27/2009 11:54:57 AM

It is hard to say. Just because the speech is not in the autobiographies or books of speeches, doesn't mean that it was not one of Selassie I speeches.

As the book says "selected speeches" and the other one "Important Utterances", so they are not showing all the speeches Selassie I spoke.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/27/2009 3:40:56 PM

Blessed

Yes I, but whoever sourced the speech at all should have made the citation, especially if it is not circulated in the popular publications. If it was from His Majesty memoirs, again in this case I definitely would expect the person to add the reference, title of the book at least.

I was interested in the point earlier about examples of His Majesty's points regarding religion in the way He saw it. As I would expect, he is non partial and truthful.

Ises.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/27/2009 4:59:33 PM

Yes I, they should have made a citation.

I am not saying it is or isn't a speech of Selassie I. I have my suspicions about it, but I don't know for sure either way.

I just wanted to make the point that the fact that the speech is not found in those two books of speeches doesn't mean that it is not a speech from Selassie I.

Messenger: liberated_Ras777 Sent: 4/27/2009 5:19:19 PM

Haile Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Blessings and love to the house

1 john 4:1

comes up when I iditate upon this post. I an I ramember some years ago I came across the speech on a poster that is sold in many rasta shops throughout the world that included the speech i remember reading.... reading... reading then I stop readin to recieve inner communication from His Majesty. the truth was revealed thru the Irit of Rastafari that this speech is not his words.

going deeper into the matter I an I sight that the words if ones study it carefully are not written the same way that His Majesty express himself I felt that the ego of i an i bredrens is involved in this years later i see different confirmations of this truth.

RASTAFARI KESETE BIRHAN

H.I.M is the revealer of the light so HIM reveal all falsehoods and propaganda that comes in his holy name.

Give thanks for the posting

blessed vibes

Rastafari

Ras Ahadu I

Messenger: Ras Isaac Samuel Selassie Sent: 11/20/2018 10:35:03 PM

It is NOT the words of I Abba Qiddus Qedamawi Haile Selassie 1st.

These words come from a book written by Amentu P.K Nyenge called "African Unity"

This quote is used by babylon ALOT saying its His Majesty words to try and water down InI Rastafari Livity.

Read His Majesty speech on Religion. Study to Show Thyself Approved Unto HIM QEDAMAWI HAILE SELASSIE YEMESGAN

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I