Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3448&start_row=11

The Light must come

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/2/2009 10:07:38 AM

I give thanks for the I reasoning honorable FarI-Sight!

I found the I post extremely interesting.
It is true that I do notice a difference in behavior in the West and in Africa. That is so true.

Iman growing up in a middle class white family as a child used to see the west as fine and preferred it to where I lived in the caribbean. Even as a child I noticed the difference between my family and black people, as I live in Barbados. The wickedness of white supremacy affected I in a way that I as a child saw the way the west lived as civilized and I longed to live that way. I saw all the wickedness that I now know of, not as wickenedness, but as normal. I saw the way that Africa lived as uncivilized to an extent and saw Africa as a place of only suffering and corruption.

It is now that I look back on this and I overstand how much this western mentality can affect a child, brainwash one into thinking that the wickedness of the west is normal and not wicked at all. The west always trying to cover up their own corruption by painting a picture of Africa as corrupt to take the focus away from the wickedness they do.

FarI-Sight,the I said:
-----------
Notice how western culture glorifies obeying your emotions and indulging in them.

For example, billboards in the West promoting naked women, sexual content, violence, materialism, cheeky wickedness, and all their kids see this.
----------

Most Honorable, this is SO TRUE! I know, because this affected me. I grew up thinking that most of these things were ok, because I saw it everyday, and saw it as normal.

It is Selassie I who is the light that shine in I darkness so that I could sight the truth. After sighting the truth I now look back and think, chaaaa boy this system had me good. I was born in Barbados and live there my whole life, and I would still try to not talk in my bajan accent, because I wanted to be english and so would try to talk in an english way...I would always say as a child that I dislike Barbados and cannot wait to go to england. Well I now am in England, I started university, and I hate it, I hate the west, and I have left university as a result. when I say I hate the west, I hate the wickedness that most Europeans see as normal, just as I once saw it as normal.

But what is more saddening to I heart is that I now sight the effect is has had on Africa and Africans. I now overstand things which I have seen as normal as a child,such as colourism. I would see black people straightening their hair, and hear black people mocking others who were of very dark skin, and I would just see it as normal.
I now see Africans, the original and the first of all creation, the ancients who gave the west what they now take as their own, looking to the west instead of their own homeland. It also makes I angry to know that it is my ancestors who have done these things.

It is true that all are responsible even if all are not to blame, because I see many white people forcing these weakheart concepts on Africans, even though they do not realise they are.

The media of the west shows one reality of Africa and that is the starving child, the corruption, and the men with guns. They then make money from this same story by brining in their own western celebrities to 'save the day' by walking around a village and giving Africans a hug, all for their so called charity. The children of the west then see this and sight that it is the west that is more civilised and that it is the west that is offering the real help to Africa. But in reality it is only Africa that can save Africa, the west can only help. Their so called charity does nothign to help the development of Africa. They go into Africa saying they are going to help, but in reality are only thinking of themselves. However these children do not know this, and see the west as the heroes. All the while this wickedness is enforcing white supremacy. This wickedness affects mankind on a whole so much that we now even see Africans that do not like their sking colour, the country, but instead look to the west and their civi-LIE-zation, and their tela-LIE-vision.

All of this is going against the natural order, because it should be we white people humbling ourselves to the Africans who hold onto the principles of true social living, and true loving kindness, and true knowledge of self, and who are to credit for all the science and knowledge we have today.

I sight that untill the west stops taking what is Africa's and calling it their own, untill they do away with their weak heart concepts of white supremacy, and unctill they stop telling people to worship a white god, then the west is goign against the natural order, and out of the blaance established by HIM, and therefore all is to be held resposible.

That is why I sight that us white peple who have seen the light have a responsiblity now to show our people that what they are doing is wicked, even if they are not to blame for the wickedness. they must discontinue this privilige through the downpression of an ancient people.

I sight that reperation is a very real thing. Because all is responsible. It is our responsibility to turn around this wickedness and aid in the forwarding of African peoples, as it is our people who have put Africans in teh position they are in now.

Iss unto I and I God and King, Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH RasTafarI, Jahovia God Jah RasTafari, Almighty and thunderable God, Jah RasTafari!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/2/2009 11:07:04 AM

Recently, i got to meet this white youth from Italy through other friends.
Before i got to speak to him, i knew he was one of those who loved reggae music, and though he is not even close to overstanding Rastafari, i knew it was safe to say, he had learned, through the music, some of the basic things.

So finally i get to speak to him, you know, initial small talk.....and he asked i where im from, and i said Ethiopia
lol, immediately, i saw his face change
He had this almost apologetic look on his face.............but i just let it pass...i said something like, Italy eh, thats nice.....and left it.

So over the recent weeks, i got to know the youth a bit more and found he is a good hearted youth
Then just the other day, we were just talking and i said to him, just in passing , i said, hey, i should introduce you to my mom..........i said that to him because, everytime i see him, i hear him use some italian words, and my parents generation all speak italian, and my mom loves to speak it every chance she gets
so anyway,
as soon as i said that, i see that apologetic look on his face and he says something like, oh i dont know if thats good, maybe your mom wont like me....
and i was like huh?
and he went on something about, oh, its so bad, the history reh reh

and i told him right there, stop that right now, because you speak folly, no Ethiopian will judge you by what your people did time ago, but by your own actions and words.

Sight, i knew where he was coming from. As i said, he loves reggae music, and who can tell how many times the youth had heard someone say Burn Rome in the music

But it still saddens i that just because ini say Burn Rome, they would equate it with ini saying burn all the people, white, italians, or whatever
Just as it saddens i that when Marcus is chanting Down Europe, people would take it as if he is chanting down all white people.
When Marcus chant down europe, or ini say burn Rome, ini wish is only to destroy the false idealogy of white supremacy

And the i them need to realise one thing, it does not help the reasoning to say, oh, there are good and bad in the white race, there are good and bad in the black race.

Yes, it is true, to say that, but it just is not part of this reasoning, it only helps to steer the reasoning from the reality of THIS particular reasoning

White people have to accept that they have been in charge of this world for a very long time now, and they must accept responsibility for the state that the world finds itself in today.
No matter how many white people are good, or how many are bad.....look where mankind finds itself today under the stewardship of the white race, right on the brink of total destruction.

And for this Rastafari call, for this Black Supremacy call, come back from the brink before its too late, gather ALL the nations back to the Black King of Iration

Do not be afraid of the word Black, Black is what you are, all i righteous idren of all nations
Black is not something you learn now, black is what you learned when Man and Woman first walked on the earth
Black is thou shalt not kill, black is love thy neighbour, black is there is no other God besides the One God, Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Jah Love You All Family
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/2/2009 11:31:48 AM

In I previous post. I was not refering to Marcus words. The I and Ras I-Tom already reasoned that the I them don't think that Marcus was referring to the Europeans in general in that poem, but was referring to the wicked Europeans.

I was referring to what FarI-Sight said and what others have said in that past that are similar. When FarI-Sight says white people are evil, he is referring to white people in general, with the exception of a small remnant of white people who are not.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/2/2009 5:30:37 PM

bless idrens and sistrens,

was just readin de I post and me a say to myself dat is just like me.although i grew up inna de western world and babylon had my head tight up until just a few years ago.then certain pieces of knowledge did come to me,then that was it,i was hungry for knowledge,i was readin book after book,me a study the bible,sat and reasoned wid most religions,and the one that made sence to me the most was de rasta religion.

after i realized certain things InI outlook on life changed drastically and for the better,my outlook onthe western world and on white people in general changed..and InI skin color is white,when i realized how evil dem are i distanced my self as far away as i could and just know exactly what wickedness and fornication was and do the opposite.InI desperately want to come out of the western world for the sake of my three girl pikni if nothing else,but until then InI give thanx to di most high JAH Ras Tafari for today for my health and for the knowledge and pray di knowledge never stop.di bible says to feed di knowledge to the youth and the simple and thats what i try to do at every given chance,to try to uplift the youths and the simple,and break free from the babylonian people,world and culture.

i was born into the month of the tribe of asha,so i have the insight of overstanding,and i take the knowledge and feed the youths,which uplifts me and gives them the light fe take the out of the ghetto,cos the youths are the key....

peace and blessed love idrens and sistrens

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/2/2009 7:56:02 PM

Yes I, I overstand what the i is saying,

and, lol, the only thing i would disagree from what the i said is
"The I and Ras I-Tom already reasoned that the I them don't think that Marcus was referring to the Europeans in general "

i would have said that ini KNOW that Marcus was not condemning ALL europeans
but thats another matter

Considering the idren FarI Sight,you should not forget that included in the quote that you used, Ark I, he did also say "i am speaking from my experience only"

thats the brethrens experience, that is not my experience so i cant speak on it

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/3/2009 4:32:18 AM

blessed

dont get me wrong now,im not sayin ALL whites are evil,but di biggest majority,if i thought ALL whites was corrupted i would be sayin i was corrupt....Every european at some point inna their life is corrupt and live like di babylonian people want us to live because dem grow up 'believin' certain things dem do and see is o.k in Jah eyes,i was like that, until di knowledge did come to di I.But what angers di I wid these people here,the majority of them,when i try to enlighten them wid certain things,because of 'white supremacy'and how babylon have dem head,dem just ignorant to di knowledge,or dem dont seem interested,and when InI reason wid other nationalities dem willing to listen,u overstand?....Di I is yet to meet a white person who is like me so theres only a small percentage who is righteous or who can repent and become righteous...

peace and love to all wid a lion heart
Holy Emanual King Selasse I JAH Ras Tafari...

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/3/2009 5:27:00 AM

Blessed Love RasTa world family

My thought is that the answers are not linear, rather it is based on overstanding power. Power corrupts isn't that is the saying. We can imagine the corruption of struggle for power. If the power itself corrupts, hunger/thirst for it must do worst.

The influence of corruption doesn't have colour bias, anyone is game who nominates themselves. Unfortunately lots of white are signed up as a condition of birth due to the set up. They are racist by default (this is true people, don't try it). White people generally have to learn themselves out of racism... but on the edge are lessons that sometimes they don't want to have to learn... or are difficult to. Understandable. I find that it is because they start to see the root of some of the precepts they have taken for granted within their basic fundamental understanding of the world and reality. And ultimately this reconciliation will bring about some feeling / realisation of inferiority. Not in the 'natural selection' sense. Fiyah. But as in, it is highly inferior thinking to be bogged down by the perks of material privilege. So that 'feeling sorry' for the other races of the world thing... that is the worst. Who are u, and what is it that you think you have? Please.

This sense of inferiority (something comparable to illiteracy) is only what plenty of black people in the world have been strapped with as fundamental basic self understanding. Especially those in the Americas. I have found that majority of Africans are hardly racist or race concerned in youth, usually surrounded by parents who insist (rightly or wrongly) that it is irrelevant. So among most, if not ALL the Africans I know... It is very much learnt, and usually related to a lot of reluctancy and is built upon rejection (usually initiated by white - sorry another truth).

So forward to my point. It is about who thinks they are entitled to power. There are NUFF black people in that bracket. LOADS. They will make any deal with any deal to make sure they get some of it when it is being passed out.

There are less white people in the world than any other people. They have most of the power, so it makes sense that it is difficult to discern who is who, and what is what. There are more black people in the world than any other. Black people have the least 'power' in this worldian sense... so do the math. This false idol dollarz power is the real culprit... carry on looking for Marcus and what he says... at least he can say it to anybody face. And what? Let me see Mr. Bush come and tell me what he really thinks of I. He can never do it.

Blessed!!!

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/3/2009 5:32:49 PM

yes idrens

bush a battyman,fire fi bun di whole of dem,right now me inna deep thought and think bout di wars what a go off inna di world,and what it means for InI and our children,and its vexing me so much me have fi just bun a spliff fi humble...me well wanna come outa di western world and move to di east,but its just not that simple,cos a no me one,but if His imerial magesty wishes me out of here H.I.M. will show me a way....

BLESSED LOVE SISTRENS AND IDRENS....

Messenger: raven Sent: 4/4/2009 4:20:38 PM

I too understand these things, I was too born into white-class middle family. I too since a child have felt a born sense of sorrow for Afica and its people. I have always wanted to move there but has not happened as of yet, It was good to hear thigs that you said, that I am not the only won in this situation. I smoke the herb as a means of meditaion on my life and where i want to be spiritually.I do believe that there are alot more of us in this situation, as I have met some really enlightened people soo far.

thanks for this post
blessed peace
raven

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/5/2009 5:49:35 AM

Raven,
If you really care about Africa and the way africans have been downpressed then unless you really have something to bring to Africa to help in its development then I do not think you going will do much good. Jah needs people in all parts of the world. Europe is where you live, so stay there and educate fellow Europeans of the injustices and what reperations are. Africa is for Africans, only Africans can save Africa. We Europeans can only help in it's development. It is Africans that must develop Africa, as H.I.M did.
We see the effects today of when Europeans tried to develop Africa.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I