Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3445&start_row=11

PATOI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/31/2009 8:53:16 AM

oh yes bongo, fill me wit your vast knowledge..!

yes iyah i switch from patois to english so whats your point there? if me wan fi seh bumoklaat, A BUMBOKLAAT TING DAT CAAH DAT WHAT ME SEE! why would i use a word if i donno what it means?!? duh! mi kingman is interested to learn french so mek me tell him seh he betta not 'parrot' weh dem french people dhweet caah me nuh wan a parrot fi a kingman, hei. fyah..

elder, me get weh yuh go seh parrot dis parrot dat but, like i said, da i should listen to how dem WHO KNOW HOW TO SPEAK DA DIALECT speak it SO THE I LEARNS HOW TO "PRONOUNCE" SOME OF THE WORDS! i figure the i doesnt hav anyone in his life who could teach him how to.
please tel me any other language you speak so i may learn it in order to translate this 'complex' statement. i promis i wont 'parrot'..

--------------------------------
LEARN everything, but honestly, if the I them could be on I&I recieving end when a sprout is attemting to "sound" it is foolishness and very humoruos.
--------------------------------

wow! i know rastafarians who'v been in da livity for less 'years' than you yet they reason better than that!

i donno da difference 'tween iyaric and patois'? i guess my givin da exampl of baba ras marcus etc using words like i-nana 'stead of banana must have skipped you. mmm.. if you receive whatever it is you say you receive from Rastafari then he should be giving you all you need, even reasonings so what do you want on this site grandpa??

your post stinks of arrogance coz you're my elder and yet you have the audacity to talk to me like that instead of puttin it as in 'hei, i wan to correct you child..' if im such a young foolish child and you been the elder, talkin down on me like dat then you must be on some kind of level huh?!?

the little of all dat dat you said dat makes sense i'll humble myself and take it. im just suprised dat all that stank comes from someone who's older than me. fyah bun you for dat!

RootsTafari
Selassie I
JAH!
RastafarI

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/31/2009 9:56:21 AM

RastafarI
LOL, now the I has come to callin' I a Grandpa and these things. As I said YOUNG SPROUT Foolishness. The rootz can say whatever the I them want, I was just pointing out that bumbo klaat was not a word of Iyaric or of a positive nature, it is strickly dirty slang and street talk, that's all. It has nothing to do with RASTAFARI. I DEAL with RASTAFARI, not patois. I did not come to attack thee Yet the I come back with a sharp tongue, such young folly. I&I do not come from a place of arogance, as I said if it offends thee it is the I them ego and the I them rootz have prooven that again. I&I did not burn fyah upon the I personally yet the I them did to I&I . Shame on the young rootz, It is as I said the I them take offnse and became agressive and abusive , what disrespect to I JAH RASTAFARI. I have seen this in other post from the rootz there. Some day the I will learn, but not from I for the I them has taken what I said into their flesh (ego) too bad for that. I&I have nothing but love and respect for the I and when I say burn fyah it is not on any One person as the I them has done. It again show I and RASTAFARI such ignorance. The I them knows who I am, the I them rootz again has leaned upon their own mis"understanding". Shame, It makes i laugh out loud to read the last post from rootz so full of anger and disrespect. Stop this at once, I come not to condem thee , yet thee has condemed I Fyah shall burn, Yet remember rootz when One burns Fyah upon another the FYAH will be Hotter yet for the One who has cast such judgement. SO FEEL the Burn rootz, I&I am Lovin' the Fyah for I know I thoughts and words are pure and clean and not filled with uch anamosity. I gave no dirrect attack on thee, Tell I how what the I them do is of JAH? It is not. Mark I words Youth the FYAH will be HOT for the rootz. Hotter and hotter. I knew from the vibes the rootz would come back with foolish anger , why, it is not from I arogance, because I was once like thee. and Some elder showed I anger as I&I am showing thee. If the I knew and saw I rootz would feel very embarassed for the statements of attack just made. but the devil let rootz tongue unleash it's fury. it's cool you know I come back with LOVE to the rootz and will burn in the Fyah the I them has cast upon I , but let us see how tempered the Iron truelly is. The Fyah the I them burn will turn anger and flesh to dust, prepare thyself for JAH BURN. LOVE and Respect, what the I them has brought is only Hate and Disrespect. so YES I FYAH BURN HOTTER. LOL
The enemy is thyself young sprout, not I and if the I could step back and see the arogance the I them would see it's sulfer smell and stink is coming from the burning flesh from thy self, and not I.
COOL Down, I come in Peace and to share Love, what the I has brought is anger, and fight. this is not the place for that. Take it to the places where those who speak with fake tongues are. SEEN? I&I am humble and fight a spiritual war, yet as the rootz has shown once again that darkness cannot comprehend the light. For if the I did hear what I said then there would be no attack on I, but I&I am protected by H.I.M. nothing that a young sprout could do or say could penitrate that shield. So, I hope the I them feel they have won some victory with the attack and arros the I try and spear I with, for the judgement will be upon thee. and not I. If arrogance is what the message recieved than perhaps the I should check themself for such things. I&I Defend the Faith JAH RASTAFARI. rootz has taken a personal stance on attacking I in a personal way telling I I can not reason, I am a grandpa(good thing to be, but not yet) and I am arrogant. what have I done to deserve this? As I stated last If it offends thee it will show I that rootz has let the ego get in the way. And all these attacks has prooven that. LOL Let us RISE in the SPIRIT of JAH not tear I down. Yet this is what the I rootz has done. I ask is that Of JAH. I think Not. so, perhaps the I could take and heed I them own advice and RELAX! lol
The I sees I as the i sees all who question the I them, some threat, yet I&I am not here to threaten, yet the I throws spears and arrows at I. I say this,"YA missed" lol. I Laugh because the I has become violent and full of hate over a silly post on speach. I&I feel strong about people who speak with a fake tongue, it tells I their thoughts are fake also.SEEN? I am not sayin' this is the case but over the years it comes out to be true. So go on and feel good about trying to tear I down to raise the rootz up, burn fyah upon I personally, mock I reasoning, do what ever it takes to make rootz feel good. For I know JAH is I defender and I&I will get into the furnace with the rootz. Jah rootz and I will go in and only two will come out. So it is cool. JAH is I Cool Veranda. I Love the attacks for the snake and shark always show I the teeth before biting. give thanks the I has revealed thyself. YES I. WOLF in SHEEP CLOHING. It happens the same way every time. rootz ina season down the road something will occur and the I will remember this and the I will look to this and find what the I them put in and that was anger fight and hatred. So, YES FYAH BURN. I have not attack the personally, I will stamp the devil and his warriors always so if the I feels offence than well Let the FYAH burn away the EGO and FLESH, If I have been chosen to be the I them crucible than so be it LET US BURN IYAH HOTTA HOT AS HOT CAN GO. I&I Love and Respect the I as I do All friends as well as enemies, for being the "grandpa" I have learned when I attack One I am attacking the devil within I self. SO, any and all opurtunity I will take to burn FYAH upon I self. SO, let I&I ask rootz this, Do the I them just burn fyah upon others or has the I ever burned Fyah upon thyself? For it is actually a hotter Fyah when burning upon another than thyself. So, I BLAZE FYAH upon I self everyday, everyday, just incase I am being arrogant or wicked, how bout the rootz? It is easy to spit out words of hate and anger and it would be I dropping down to a lower level to come back and attack the I them as the I them has done to I&I, but that is not of JAH RASTAFARI. that is the DEVIL and this quarraling and attacks the I them has done has given GLORY not to JAH but sayin' prayers to the Devil, SO, Stop this foolishness I&I LOVE and RESPECT the I rootz and give I heart and play I Drum and BLAZE FYAH as to send vibes of Love, I&I realize this is what rootz needs, and wants from I. LOVE and OVERSTANDING. It is a HOT FYAH Idren.lol Let us go into the FYAH and come out as ONE drop this ego personal attack nonsense and repent to JAH and show LOVE and Respect, that will Kill the Devil. If the I wishes to perpetuate anger and hatred do it else where. I am not the enemy I&I am of JAH RASTAFARI. Thir is no room for arrogance and these things in I HEART. as the saying goes, been there done that. Hell is too angry for i to stay very long.lol
I LOVE THEE rootz I send Positive vibes to thee. If thee feels warm than that is up to thee, if thee feels nice that too is up to thee. lol.
ONE LOVE RESPECT I&I AM A POSITIVE RAS GRANDPA. FEEL IT SPROUT. Stop the war against I. If the I needs to Fight join I&I JAH RASTAFARI army not a war on words and flesh and ego. SEEN? LOVE THY NEIGHBOR as THYSELF. LOVE JAH WITH ALL THY HEART. not ATTACK someone who is trying to Say do not be a parrot. that is what I&I meant by foolish ignorance. It is LOVE that will COME out Of the FYAH not Anger and Disrespect. I LOVE the rootz. FEEL IT.
SEE, grandpa knows I must be the first to stretch I hand out even when I have been attacked, that is what makes I a RASTA man, FoRGIVE THEE 7x's 70. Do not perpetuate this any further. i&I forgive thee for attacking I, If I have caused thee hurt forgive I, I humbly ask in the Name of CHRIST SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI. FYAH FYAH FYAH burn out I wickedness. Send I a Positive message now, end this with LOVE and RESPECT not attacks Idren. I&I am not perfect I do not need the rootz to point this out. JAH is taking care of I faults. I make progress everyday so stay out of the judgement seat, it is not ours to Govern. I say this to I self, it is not a personal statement, SEEN?
SELASSIE I
Iyah

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/31/2009 10:20:28 AM

i couldn' finish readin all of that as it seemed to go on and on for some reason..

elder, i want to apologise for my words as i sighted, in retrospect, that that wasn't the way to go about wit things. as a youthwoman i should respect my elders and just want to come out and say yes i am aware i have a problem wit my tongue and its somethin im tryin to remedy. its a process that proves difficult for me but progress nonetheless. i don't cast fyah on those who wrong others only but i also tend to cast it upon myself when i realize dat what i do is not right!

the way i saw it was like this:ghetto soldier just wanted someone to teach him 'patoi' and i gave him a suggestion as to where to find info on it as i felt it would make him impatient having to wait for people to keep sendin bits and pieces for him to learn. also gave him the suggestion dat he should listen to music so that he catches the accent. now there you are sayin how fake dis fake dat so i thought to come to his rescue and say, the i just wanted to learn patoi, come one! you donno why he wants to learn! next thing i know someone bashes me and calls me foolish dis foolish dat and it suprised me coz i discovered it was someone older than i. i wont lie, it caused me to vex like 'why is this man sayin all this instead of plain correcting me and not callin me 'foolish'?' you know what i mean? no one likes being called 'foolish' and i stand by dat!

RootsTafari!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/31/2009 12:40:12 PM

respect for I and I elders is the foundation of social living. I and I can sight this in Africa, if the I them observe how the tribes function socially. Social living is harmonious living; therefore respect for I and I elders is vital. We have to respect the elders no matter what. we can disagree respectfully.

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/31/2009 12:46:53 PM

RastafarI
Yes I nice ness now, it is good the Idren has come in to the fulness of RASTAFARI the vibes feel nice Yes, I. I&I assure thee i was not sayin' that the I them is personally was a fool. I do not talk that way, I was talkin' about mimicking a dialec, which to I&I when it is not of native tongue it is mimickin'. Take no offence to this "old grampa"lol I like that man it is cool you know. I man own blood children tell I same thing. they say poppa ya like an old pawpaw. I am not a"gheto soldier", I&I JAH SOULJAH! I live in the country and plant things and run a wholefoods bakery. So, it is sometimes a gap between I and I&I youth. They deal with cellphone and them things and I&I just open the back door and yell to I IDREN.LOL that is Iman cell phone.LOL So, Know rootz I&I LOE thee with I heart and want thee to Live in the fulness. One of I&I daughter remind I of the rootz in the sharp tongue, but she is so profoundly spiritual within JAH fulness. But can cut down a mighty Oak tree with that tongue. It causes grief to her, I tell her always, think before the Ithem strike. Like Smokey the bear. Blessed Love RastafarI I am thy Bredrin, know that and that is who I&I Am. It is good to have older Brahdah who trod for awhile the path of RASTAFARI, It is not out of arrogance, it is out of Love that I Bring unto thee, SEEN?
One Love. I&I must go see grandma Iyah for she need help getting up out of the garden. LOL
SELASSIE I
IYAH

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/31/2009 3:02:05 PM

I sight the usefulness of speaking patois when speaking to people from the Caribbean because it makes the reasoning flow more smoothly because it fits in better with the whole conversation. Although I don't see the usefulness of it when written down, for example on the forum, in that instance it seems more like vanity (in the sense of vanity meaning fruitless, useless, although it probably also applies to the more common view of the word vanity). Also, those words are not actually spelt the way people spell them, girl is still spelt girl even though it sounds like gyal, them is still spelt them even though it sounds like dem. I don't see Emmanuel or Marcus Garvey writing words like dem, gyal and other such things, although they spoke those words with that pronunciation.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/31/2009 3:23:27 PM

RASTAFARI
Blessed Love ARK I. that is all I&I was working at saying from the start. why use it in written terms? other than vanity.
ONE LOVE
Selassie I
Iyah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/31/2009 6:51:30 PM

I had no idea this reasoning had gone on so long. wish i had the time, it will have to wait till tomorrow , look forward to reading it

Blessed Love Family
Rastafari

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/31/2009 7:17:30 PM

I was just thinking the same thing... I saw the posting, and I thought... REH! It's all gone into pages, like!

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/31/2009 7:24:55 PM

Iyaric. Where have I been?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I