Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3440&start_row=1

Is It Right For I'an'I To Forget The Bible

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JudahC Sent: 3/24/2009 9:51:39 PM

Greetings Idrens and Sisrens

Thei dem is 16 and a been arasta for dayone youkno and been touch to have a judeo-copic mind set of youkno i'an'i are you real jews and them thing der

but recenly afew idrens dem have been passing i some knowledge thru books and dvds about the bible and the centre of nica 350 A.d

which point out the jesus is someone who the roman church made up and thay there mix a egyptian falcon god horu with a invading greece phoroah called ptomly and came up which the jesus chist mythology

also it goes on in to the prymids and say tha the pharoah of egypt(kemet)never took the jew as slave tha is a lie the the whiteman made it up to disrestpect the black africa pharoah ramesse the 2nd

and king james was a battyboi who like to play around with lil boi dem and the pope kicked who out cus of that so he write his own bible which is the king jame vision which the i had been brang up to read once a day

now this knowledge aint turn thei away from rastafari but its leave thei unsure of the bible and i find myself coming out on a judeo-copic mindset which i dont see as a badthing just a movement foward just i aint sure if tha is the right overstanding of rastafari

so i would to here the i's dem view on it
selassie and empress menen bless
onelove

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 3/24/2009 10:53:26 PM

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia
WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

Words of Ras TafarI

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/25/2009 8:14:51 AM

RASTAFARI
One thing I&I know for sure as a fact in this Life. The Oposition will do any and everything to distract the I from the Truth. I&I asure thee of that. Many people if not most base their faithin this doubt. Lack and limitation and ignorance os bread out of this.
Wheather the messenger is a physical person or not makes no difference to I. For I&I have reached Hights that the Irits have proven time and time again the Christ (theway, the Truth and the Light) is a REALITY. The Light does not have to prove or comprehend it'self because it is the Light. SEEN? Yet Darkness or doubt etc.. is lost in it's own trying. Trying to comprehend the Light. It will remain in this confusion because that is it's nature. A person can believe what written information that tries to proove that the "messenger" is a fraud or even non exsistent, but tell I this, If Selassie I or Yesus Christ was a phantom than the people would still be Trapped in Egypt and I&I would not even be here sharing any of this. SEEN? So many people will fight the I down when I see JAH light as the song go. Does this make it an untruth. When night falls on I hemisphere has the sun faded. I think not for It shine Itinually. SEEN? Did Solomon say "Trust in H.I.M. with all thy heart, and lean not upon your own understanding." Idren there comes a time when Prayer and Faith must be initiated, and Leave what your socalled friends think they know. If the I is in Doubt go to the Heavenly Father and ask H.I.M. for an answer. He shall give it to thee. Through the Power of the Holy Spirit it WILL be REVEALED. This is about REVELATION. I&I AM ONE within the REVELATOR. IS I&I antenae Up to recieve thy signal. Or have I clouded the Vibes with I&I own misunderstanding. That is what the I could ask.
Forget not I&I are not of this world, not All that is absolute Truth is given all at once. and in this material world misinterpretations will happen. Go secretly into prayer and Iditation and LISTEN to the FATHER. ALL WILL BE REVEALED> YES I JAH RASTAFARI
SELASSIE I
Iyah

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/25/2009 9:40:08 AM

Give thanks for the word sound IYAH! Seen!

Emperor Haile Selassie I The First, JAH RAS TAFARI!

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 4/5/2009 9:03:39 AM

InI have also thought about dat before.I burned da bible for over 5years til I met Prince I Tumie.
ini encouraged me fi read da bible caw im believe dat it is da true book of life-but dats His opinion.
now,ive heard from ada rastaman who burn da book caw of its 'sexist' nature.my sisdren from South africa said dat she prefers to read 'Book of da Dead',instead.
a bredren of mine said da KJV is a 'f@#%ked up version and anada encouraged me to read da 1611 KJV.
a lot has been said about da 'idea' dat there are a lot of inconsistensies and errors in da bible and dat some 'mentioned celebrations' are not documented in da bible.
anada bredren of mine (Very intelligent) has started on his extensive research to prove dat da bible is in fact '100% correct'.

with dat said,i would encourage da I to do your own research on da bible.dont just read da bible mindlessly.read ada books and gain more knowledge.
pray for Iverstanding and read wit an open mind.

Jah bless da I
Menen I Selassie I

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/5/2009 11:29:55 AM

greetings idrens and sistrens..

I a just read di post and have fi say InI bit inna dis...
I a read di bible since InI a child but before I got certain knowledge i wouldn't overstand any of it,cos di babylon have been very clever when dem a translate di bible,and a change up and a mix up,but now i know certain facts i can read between the lines and figure out di hidden messages...

blessed Humble Rasta,

InI have been tryin to find the book of the dead do u have any links to get it plz......plus I have been tryin to get the Holy Tablet,any one know how i can get it post me the details plz...

MAY JAH JAH BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF INI...

Messenger: rootz Sent: 4/6/2009 8:16:01 AM

bless,

--------------
with dat said,i would encourage da I to do your own research on da bible.dont just read da bible mindlessly.read ada books and gain more knowledge.
pray for Iverstanding and read wit an open mind.

-----------------------------

give thanks, humble rasta. (",)

i agree that, yes, you shouldn't just read the bible coz someone said this bout it. ther'r certain versions of the bible that have been made by 'mary worshippers', apparently, and the 1611 version is believed to be the closest thing to the coptic bible, dat's why it tends to be prefered. i've said before that, yes, one shouldn just accept something as is but should do more research on it and by that i mean readin other material, reasonin wit other rases.. personally, i don't place the bible in high esteem because its not the only material that talks about H.I.M as some texts have been removed but its the material that's constant and by that i mean that it's always been there; what with some scrolls etc having been found in recent times.

RootsTafari
Selassie I
JAH!
RastafarI

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/6/2009 5:32:36 PM

as ini said time and time again, any issue i want to know about, for example the bible, read what his majesty said about it, then carry that message, we should not go around confused.

there is one already up here's some more:

Dr. Hoffman: Your Imperial Majesty, what advice would you give a person who is considering the claims of Christ, perhaps for the first time?

H.I.M.: I would tell a person who was considering the claim of Christ for the first time that it is necessary to have faith in the Almighty, that it is necessary to have love, and that it is necessary to conduct oneself in a manner that we have been taught to do in the Bible.

I would also advise him to seek the secular knowledge, for the more one knows the more he realises the need for a prime mover, the need for a Creator, a Creator who is good, and the need for salvation and also for peaceful life upon earth.

I would also tell him to learn and to think for himself the ways he would serve the Lord. In this thought and in this undertaking of his he will inevitably find the way of serving his fellow men. For his faith would then be manifested by His conduct. If Christians behave in this way, if we dedicate ourselves to this fundamental task, then we will have a peaceful world and will be assured of not transgressing against the will and the Commandments of God.

Dr. Hoffman:It is a magnificent answer and I am deeply grateful for it. To turn to another subject, Your Imperial Majesty, are there any passages of the bible that have become especially meaningful to you?

H.I.M.: I have the highest respect for the Bible as a whole. We also recognise the rightful name the Bible bears. We find that in all the periods of the Old Testament, in the time of Patriarchs, Kings, and Prophets, great miracles were done. On the other hand, the time in which Our Lord HIM-self gave the command to go to all the world and to preach is also of high value. Then, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John,- the four gospels in which the sayings of our Lord are recorded- are pillars for all men on the earth. Therefore the Bible should not be cut into portions.

Fulfil The Ten Commandments

Dr. Hoffman: As a mature Christian, have You a special word for young people of these days?

H.I.M.: On this occasion I address all those within Our Empire. Our Christianity is not restricted to a given church and I stress above all that We do not wish to make distinctions. My advice to all is to fulfil the Ten Commandments. You are aware of the contents of the Ten Commandments and can elaborate on it. If the nation for which I am the Emperor follows and accepts this, since its also what I accept and follow, I would believe our country is not only historically Christian but also actively Christian.

as a rasta, we cannot carry any other message

blessed love

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/6/2009 7:06:25 PM

It is true. Many are confused when it comes to the bible, some do not read it. But His Imperial Majesty done tell I and I what we need to know. HIS word is unquestionable and unshakeable. The bible is man's refuge, and I and I should glory in it as Selassie I glory in it.

Haile I Selassie I JAH

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/7/2009 10:19:17 PM

blessed love

my opinion of glory in the bible is much different.

i here people say, not saying it is wrong, but, lets glory in the bible as his majesty,

my view is that the only one who is gloried in the bible is the All Mighty. whether is Moses or David or Paul, all is speaking or glorifying the Most High.

i know glory is taken as to read but i overstand it differently

when His Majesty speaks of " I glory in the bible" means God is gloried and I am God, so I glory in he bible.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I