Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3428&start_row=1

speak properly

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 62
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/19/2009 11:19:10 PM

why don't people write properly? is like speak English, is rasta a people who don't speak properly, thats how we are to speak to people of our faith. practice makes if not perfect, better

blessed love

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 3/20/2009 11:45:10 AM

Speak in the way that is the most comfortable for You .

Messenger: raven Sent: 3/20/2009 4:51:15 PM

I personally love the way in which rasta people speak. I would love to be able to speak that way myself but dont really believe that is going to happen any time soon. This is going to sound obsurd, and I hope it offends no one but is there a way in which to learn to speak in the rasta traditions?

peace

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/20/2009 5:49:03 PM

RASTAFARI
Positive Vibrations Speak in a Living upful Positive way. That is How I work at speaking. Positive WORD SOUND POWER.
ONE LOVE
SELASSIE I
IYAH

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/20/2009 9:38:46 PM

lol

I want the i them to know, i would never bring this up normally, but since the subject has been breached....

indeed, it is good advice to say ini should strive to speak and write well as ini take Jah Rastafari good news to the four corners, as ini Father and Mother speak, in Dignity and Royalty
Honorable mention to ones like Ark I and Empress Yaa who speak so strong and clear

However, at the same time ini refuse to discriminate in any shape or form amongst ini people....ini say come one come all according to thy ability. no matter how you speak, come with a pure heart and clean hand, you all have something to contribute

but what i found amusing here is....well....there are four posts above mine......so....how is it that the one who is telling others to "speak properly" is the one who speaks/writes the least "proper" than those who are replying ?
Why is it the same one saying "speak properly" is the hardest( at least for i) to understand?
i mean what does "is like speak English" mean?

not trying to belittle anyone here, no, far from it....as i said, according to your ability....the only thing i ask of any man or woman, is make yourself understood clearly. I know idren with a very limited knowledge of english, but they are still able to make themselves understood clearly

The last person i would have expected to make this post is the very person who made this post for that is the person who i have the most trouble understanding what he writes

like when i was reading the "church" topic and the man said

"spirituality its not buy age that we overstand rastafari"....i have to stop and go back like what? what ? lol.....and then ahhh. he means "by age.." ....ok

lol, idk, perhaps i just have a strange sense of humour and only i find it a bit funny
is that what they call irony?

Bless bless
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/21/2009 2:26:57 AM

Yes, irony it is.

Ark I

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/21/2009 7:23:24 AM

Blessed heart of sabbath kings and queens!

lol. I and I found the I post funny Ras Kebre. It brought a joy to I on the sabbath morning.

lol it is ironic in truth.

Blessed sabbath to all of Ras Tafari children!

Love in the house of HIM!

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: RA$TA-K00L Sent: 3/21/2009 7:50:37 AM

i n i thinks the same way brudren bless

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/21/2009 4:21:20 PM

Greetings One Heart!

LOL. This thread did definitely tickle! I'm actually still having a bubble now as I type!! rofl... :))))

"i mean what does "is like speak English" mean?"

RAS!!! Stop that!! LOL LOL LOL LOL.

I was thinking something very similar when I read, but I thought... I ain't saying nuttin.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/22/2009 10:09:53 AM

hahaha, have your fun,at times i make mistakes, we type and this happens, he that humble him self, jah will rise and he that exalts him self will be abased" (Luke 14v11

at time i use some reasoning and you find it is irrelevant, yet i find it relevant, i could have articulated i self further but chose not to, for a simple reason i will keep.

what i;m saying is echoed in these posts here, i like how rastas speak, yet these are mostly Jamaican dialect, true rasta use 'I' as alternative to i,me,we,etc, ark posted on that, but come on.

anyway, i will have to take i time to post my reasoning.

lol

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 62

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I