Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3425&start_row=1

army

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jah rain Sent: 3/19/2009 9:01:18 AM

InI have a good friend dat caan decide if dey want fe beh Rasta or go ta di USA army,den di boi seh em wanta do both.InI told em yh caan do both ah dem cuz if yh Rasta yh dont help babylon controle di earth. InI jus ah young Rasta an weh neeed help from yh older I mon. in uda words weh need a lickle wisdom. what do yh think.

Messenger: RA$TA-K00L Sent: 3/21/2009 8:04:12 AM

i dont know, the army is killing inasant people

Messenger: raven Sent: 3/21/2009 4:28:48 PM

I personaly believe that there will always be enough people to fill the armed forces, but anyone that is truly inot Jah cannot really believe in what the US is doing to other people. It is Babylon spreading out, and aims to control more and more. If I am to understand the Rasta people and their plight with oppression, this war is nothing like what they had to face. The US is now the oppressor of other people no matter how they may want to candy coat it to be in our best interest. It is not in my best interest to oppress any people.

peace.

Messenger: jah rain Sent: 3/21/2009 11:32:22 PM

raven das wat InI been tryin ta boi. I mon really think hes goin cuz he dosnt think he will mekit out here but InI tell him jus fi trust Jah.

Messenger: raven Sent: 3/23/2009 12:34:35 PM

I agree. I have met alot of young people who are joinging the army as a means to survive. I believe they think it is a security there and that the army will take care of them. Maybe so but at what cost to their spirit. I was in that place years ago, and I just got on a bus with some material belonging and left the situation behind. That is pretty much how I ended up in Montana. People feel traped and helpless, but thier is always a way through it in Jah.
Peace

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I