Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3423&start_row=11

Find the i self

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/19/2009 12:15:42 PM

lol, Ark I, i idren, why are you trying to isplain to the man here, when we all know, even a baby would overs what Marcus I is sayin?

The Prophet say Brace up and strike against your flaws, and this man here finds it distasteful??

I just do not apprecilove this man regurgitating I Fathers Words without no mind of what they actually mean

What in the world does King Selassie speaking about colonialism and governmental affairs, abolishment of poverty, benefits of modern life, human rights, equality and cooperation....what do all these things have to do with Marcus Garvey saying, do not dwell in the negative that might come upon you, be strong, Brace up

can anyone isplain that to i, anyone besides this man here, because its a long time since i stopped even paying any attention to him

The Prophet say, smile with Natures Laws,, and he finds it distasteful lol what a thing iyah
The man say Bear your burden like a man,,,,he finds it distasteful

Marcus I saying, ills will come your way, but you need not harbor sorry pain............and this man cannot overstand that???

Instead of using quotes that have nothing to do with one another...why does he not remember the lesson of Job,,eh, why doesnt he bring quotes from there ?
Does he forget when Job was afflicted woth sores from his head to his feet, instead of weeping and losing his faith, did he not say
"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

whats this man going to tell i next, that is not Rastafari teaching?

Fyah pon a contentious mind

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/19/2009 1:42:35 PM

Yes I.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/19/2009 2:25:18 PM

My lords: :))

I find Marcus is using poetry (as do many prophets actually, give thanks Sizzla for the better days;) to teach a mystical lesson to the masses.

One of the greatest injustice to the minds of man in His-story was the adjustment of the black world consciousness from a position of self-acceptance to self-doubt. Although this is committed, perpertrated, and perceived socio-culturally; as the reasoning we had recently about spiritual effect of the material highlights, in this story the spiritual does have its material effect.

The truth notion behind this seems very iniversally and highly mystic, even in the steadiest meds it is very difficult to grasp one's eyebrows around. I certainly cannot grasp, but remain in awe at the sense alone.

Life and the journey is set by the times, which are ordained. I think we have spoken about how little control we have individually of the movements. However InI are still the creators of our realities, by how we perceive and overstand ourSelves and our situation.

The wicked win when a One perceives hell through their material experience (which is set by society - and we all know what that means). Only when the human temple accepts itself in hell is when hell can abound. The situation of the world has been created by the people it hosts. Judgement for the con-artists and hypocrites who lead, confuse, dupe, and persecute the people that they may find their own sense of hell.

So, what does Marcus say?;

"You need not harbor sorry pain,

And make the world a living hell;

For there is naught in this to gain;

The wisdom of the age will tell."

- Tell me this is not the insight of an ageless irit? The ageless irit!

Marcus speaks to awaken the consciousness of the black world. Which needs full awakening, in order to balance this world injustice which we all know of and agree on. Who before Marcus has, and is performing this with such frequent effect (I hear some saying His Majesty - my point exactly)? Why only the Prophets, Priests and Kings of old! He influences those who influence others, who continue to influence, and still he the inspiration of the inspired.

I'm glad that Malcolm X was mentionned. And people need to read more before summarising Malcolm's teachings like that... going on like InI need no room to grow. In fact it is TRUE Marcus Garvey influence that by the assination of Malcolm X, he was a TRUE panafricanist - and not simply an angry black youth in America following behind the nation. Now he is a shining star of Garvey I & Selassie I freedom, redemption, repatriation legacy that is Pan Africanism.

Let's not get bogged down in debatable reports of incidental detail. Marcus said this, Marcus said this, someone said Marcus said this.

I think we have a great example of what we definitely KNOW Marcus says, and signs, and dates at the bottom.

Distasteful? My Lord, what is sweet to the mouth is bitter to body (and vice versa)... its an important rule of thumb. The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow... is another good adage.

I have to give it up to my Prophet of the Trinity.

Honourable... Marcus Mosiah Garvey I... Selassie I JAH RasTafari.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/19/2009 3:01:11 PM

Ras Tafari!

Give thanks for the word sound of the Prophet!

Blessed love!

Honorable Marcus I Mosiah Garvey!

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/22/2009 11:15:16 AM

rasta i overstand ras kebra just bursting in his pride, 'don't talk to this fella i stop checking him' lets leave that alone prophet kebra "luke 14v11)

i know what the man say and no man is an island no man can stand alone, and i even think he is speaking about the white man, because he establish the black star line, for black to help blacks.

The people of African origin have immigrated to many parts of the world.

Some of them have come to Jamaica; others to other parts of the world.

But wherever they may be they have similar historical experiences and the problems that await them depend on sympathy, and this can be used by all of us as the basis for the establishment of greater cooperation which will be for our mutual benefit. ( to the jamican parlement)

ras kebra might say it is irrelevant, but i think it is, if we have same experiences and problems some have solve theirs and can shear while the problem you are suffering from i may have solved and could assist.

any way no man is an island, we were not born to live alone that why we live in communities.

i never say i disagree with all Marcus say, this is just one of them

again he was racist as is experiences forced him to be i am not

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/22/2009 1:23:16 PM

Greetings I, blessed love.

I and I do not sight how Marcus can be a racist? How can he be anyway?

Racism involves prejudice.

I looked up a definition of racism: discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

I looked up a definition of prejudice:The preconceived formation of negative or hostile views toward a person or group of persons based on ignorance, stereotyping, or other filter of bigotry.

Marcus I Mosiah Garvey fought against these things Iyah!

Marcus said anyway that he had many white friends. He also said that he believes in equality for all peoples of all races, he said he was not a racist. It is up to you to hear the prophet's words.

Ises unto I and I God and King, Selassie I Jah RasTafari

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/22/2009 5:19:31 PM

Carry on with hear'say... before you read the Man's teachings... and look for what you're talking about. On second thoughts, that would be a waste of time... as there will be NOTHING to find to back up such horror. One Black Love doesn't mean all white hatred, my Lord. It will be easier to carry on with hear'say rather than really self reflect and really define the ights of thee I Self as RasTa trodding in white flesh.

Actually that is a point... I sight that anybody who says RasTa must reconcile themselves within the teachings of Marcus Garvey. It is imperative in fact. I would be highly questionnable of anybody who says RasTa and then finds the institution and ideals of the UNIA in any way dysfunctional.

Maybe you think that the OAU is some nazi-like fascist organisation too?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/22/2009 6:18:47 PM

If anyone here has it in their mind that Marcus I is a racist, then you might as well call i racist too

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/22/2009 6:40:23 PM

I know! Can thee I imagine!!!

Same for me!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 3/22/2009 8:32:00 PM

Blessed heart of love!
Selassie I The First!

I and I was just meditating on HIM words, and I and I came to this word sound of HIM.

"It is well known to you all that recognizing one's problems and striving hard to challenge them is a mark of an attempt at self-sufficiency. Self help in the benefits to be acquired through education, will save the individual from asking someone's assistance."

Is Selassie I not telling us the same thing as Marcus?
Accept your problems, be strong, look at them and challenge them! Help yourself through education, rather than having to ask for help.

I and I give thanks for the teachings Jah has given us!
Holy I Selassie I Jah RasTafai!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I