Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3423&start_row=1

Find the i self

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/18/2009 10:19:07 AM

All men have troubles of their own,

And burdens great to bear each day,

So keep your tales of woe, and frown

At all the ills that come your way:

You need not harbor sorry pain,

And make the world a living hell;

For there is naught in this to gain;

The wisdom of the age will tell.

The other fellow does not care

A bit, what ails and worries you;

In life he has to pay his fare

In living right as you should do:

He bears his burdens like a man,

And smiles with every wind;

There is a reason why he can

Thus master right his soul and mind.

To conscience go in quiet mood.

And find yourself each morn anew;

Feed thou upon the psychic food

That makes the gods in mortal hue:

This is the way that men are great-

All those who smile with Nature's laws-

So then, why brood and curse your fate?

Brace up and strike against your flaws!

GIve thanks Father Moses Honorable Marcus I Mosiah Garvey

Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI King Alpha Queen Omega

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 3/18/2009 3:03:46 PM

My Lord!

Give thanks for the blessing. Please if possible, may I know where thee I did get this and the date reference please. I NEED THIS UP ON MY WALL! This is going on the inside of my front door Iyah!!!!

On time! JAH time.

Blessed love & honour my Lords and Empress!!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/18/2009 3:47:06 PM

Ises Beloved Empress

The i know,more than anyone else, just how much i iself needed to hear these words in these imes

All credit to Brethren Ark I, who has made these word sounds available to ini at the click of a button

You can find this and other word sounds on the "Marcus Garvey Word" section of Jah Rastafari.com

Yes I, i was in need of comfort and Praise Jah i found it, actually didnt have to look very hard because the title of this particular Word jumped out and grabbed i. It is called "Find Yourself"...dated OCT 26 1927

I will write the i soon, i havent forgotten

Hand on I heart, Blessed Love Empress
Rastafari

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/18/2009 4:31:07 PM

RASTAFARI
Give Thanks for this at this very time. Much Love and Raspect
Selassie I
Iyah

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/18/2009 8:39:22 PM

i think its distasteful. that is not rastafari teachings

What we seek is a new and a different way of life. We search for a way of life in which all men will be treated as responsible human beings, able to participate fully in the political affairs of their government; a way of life in which ignorance and poverty, if not abolished, are at least the exception and are actively combatted; a way of life in which the blessings and benefits of the modern world can be enjoyed by all without the total sacrifice of all that was good and beneficial in the old Ethiopia. We are from and of the people, and our desires derive from and are theirs.

Colonialism and the policy of racism impose soul searching questions of human rights, weighing equally on the conscience of all men and nations of good-will. History amply shows that the freedom enjoyed by the many becomes fragile when the denial, even to the few, of basic human rights is tolerated.

Our efforts as free men must be to establish new relationships, devoid of any resentment and hostility, restored to our belief and faith in ourselves as individuals, dealing on a basis of equality with other equally free people.

We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.

thats the teachings of rastafari

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 3/18/2009 9:10:22 PM

I don't see anything wrong with Honorable Prophet Marcus Garvey's words.

The poem is just saying not to blame or curse your fate. No matter what situation one is in or how bad it may seem, Garvey is telling I and I to make the best of it and ignore anyone who tries to discourage you.

As Bob Marley said "Lively up yourself and don't be no drag"

Ises unto Haile Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2009 11:15:36 PM

Ras Power,

What is wrong with you? Did the I read the same thing that I just read? What is distasteful about it? It is a teaching that is beneficial for all who hear it.

------------------------
All men have troubles of their own,

And burdens great to bear each day,

So keep your tales of woe, and frown

At all the ills that come your way:

You need not harbor sorry pain,

And make the world a living hell;

For there is naught in this to gain;

The wisdom of the age will tell.
------------------------

Marcus is showing people that you should not feel sorry for yourself and cry "woe is me" when troubles come, and then go and cry to others so that you can also get sympathy from them, on top of your own self-sympathy. And He is showing that if you dwell on negative things, you will make your world a living hell, and it is vanity because there is nothing to gain from it.

------------------------
The other fellow does not care

A bit, what ails and worries you;

In life he has to pay his fare

In living right as you should do:

He bears his burdens like a man,

And smiles with every wind;

There is a reason why he can

Thus master right his soul and mind.
------------------------

Marcus is showing that other people have their own problems to deal with, and are doing what they need to do to survive. And he is showing how the Ones who people usually come and whine to and look for sympathy from, are the Ones Live as they should, bearing their own burdens like a Man should. And not just bearing his burdens, but not feeling sorry for himself, but just smiles and pushes through. Mastering his soul and mind, so he directs himself in an upful manner.

------------------------
To conscience go in quiet mood.

And find yourself each morn anew;

Feed thou upon the psychic food

That makes the gods in mortal hue:

This is the way that men are great-

All those who smile with Nature's laws-

So then, why brood and curse your fate?

Brace up and strike against your flaws!
------------------------

Find yourself anew. Deal with the problem if it can be dealt with, and then trod on without dwelling on it. Don't let the worries of men be your worries. Learn to trod through and adapt. If there is something that is lacking within yourself, then improve yourself so you are lacking no more.

No Man would fight against that teaching. They Would either know it, or Learn from it.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/19/2009 8:49:26 AM

As the i say Ark I,
"It is a teaching that is beneficial for all who hear it"

unfortunately, some will only hear what they want to hear

if it is distasteful to whoever, then let them find it distasteful

They actually would use Selassie I Word to go against the word of His chosen Prophet, its alright, Jah see and know

Rastafari

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/19/2009 9:07:37 AM

lets get an overstanding. his majesty said we can't do it on our own, we are to fell the injustice of all as our own, love our neighbour.

i have nothing of Garvey words, we all know he said his majesty should not go to the league, for assistance, and a few other things, anyways

we all know his majesty was right and he was wrong.

now he spoke from his experience, and he had some bad ones.

and as malcom x he did not want to deal with white men, and who can blame them, but we know that jah dwell in the hearts of men white of black to accomplish his will.

i have nothing against Marcus words, he did tell of the coming king, but not all that come from his lips is law.

Selassie I is law, not any prophet

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/19/2009 9:21:01 AM

Ras Power,

I don't agree with everything Marcus has said, but that doesn't mean I will discount all that he said, just because it is not "law".

The point of what Marcus was saying wasn't to teach people not to care about other people's problems. He was teaching people to not whine to others about their problems, or dwell on their problems to make their life a living hell, but to instead be strong and learn to smile in the midst of problems and trod forward. This is a teaching that is good for all to learn, because it will help them survive and make them stronger and better able to handle problems that arise. It is one thing to seek help if help is needed, but to just seek somebody to complain and whine to, so that you can recieve sympathy is unfruitful vanity.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I