Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3417&start_row=1

babylon-type judgements!

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/13/2009 8:08:52 AM

Hail sisdrens and bredrens!
what is it wit some rastaman accusing ada rastaman of being artificial wen dem nah know wat is in da hearts? isnt being judgemental a babylon quality to have.InI appalled bow what some rastaman say to da I concerning her faith in Jah.Ises be unto da Most High dat InI daan need fi prove anytin to anyones.InI know inna I-heart dat InI nah artificial.
ni a-go stay humble even after ni dies.
InI overstand so,dat there are artificial bredrens and sisdrens but must article bredrens and sisdrens persecute dem,still.its disgusting to hear wat some of my fellow rastaman say bow ada rastaman.act like they are more worthy than adas.fire pon babylon! let Jah be da judge of man's heart!
Rastafari Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/14/2009 12:18:25 PM

we all come short of what is expected of ini, those without sin cast the first stone.

still if one live by the spirit, then that person should be able to say if one is not.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (gal 5v22)

these cannot be counterfeited and sustained.

then it is ini to point it out and help.

now to those who claim to be holier. is no prob

we are to just humble ourselves and the truth will be reaviled

For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. luke 14v11

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted luke 18v14

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/17/2009 4:27:36 AM

bless dawta,

you need to question yourself to find out if you're also being judgemental to others who you say judge you. maybe someone is judging you because you judged them first. but if in this case you're just being genuine and never cast the first stone then you need to sit wit that person and let them know how you feel about being judged. i have a sister who emulates what i do ie me being a rastawoman and i get the sense that she does it coz she's inspired by me 'standing out'. it makes me wonder if she's interested in it for good reasons or she's just doing a monkey see monkey do; some people actually become rasta jus coz they want to stand out and they see your livity as just wanting to stand out! funny.. but i don't do dat. as a result, i tend to say things to her that may come off as being judgemental but it's jus that i take offense when one embraces the livity jus because someone els is doing it! it's like one is making a monkey out of rastafari. if she's genuinely inspired by the livity through me it's no problem but if she's doing it jus coz sis is doing it then i take offense coz this is no joke! rastafari is no joke to me.. do you get where i'm coming from?

SELAH!

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/17/2009 8:26:08 AM

InI rasta caw ini know inna I-heart dat dats who I am.fi ada rastas to assume certain things bow ada rastaman is not da way of Jah people.if da I assumes dat one is being artificial,da I should ask fi clarity.InI started being interested in rastafari in high school actually.long before... ni started on I-trod two years later.a lot of rastaman assume things and mek up 'theories' without really seeing wat ada rastaman are all about.to run around telling da whole world dat some rastas are artificial is not da way of Jah people.it is meanspiritedness and Jah doesn't condone such.InI stay humble wen rastaman divide dem selves.a lot of rastaman call da I humble and see how genuine InI faith is.InI daan see da need to announce it to da world dat ni rasta fi dem to call me such.rastaman should stand up an help rastas who have just started on da trod.not to persecute dem caw dem nah know much bow rasta.
Jah!

Messenger: jah rain Sent: 3/19/2009 7:38:53 PM

da I dem should not judge der own, yh know. das babylon ternin us against eachother. InI see it like des if dem seh dem Rasta den dem mus beh or want fi beh Rasta and if dem nah know some tings den weh should teach dem di way insted of judgin dem.

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/22/2009 9:33:08 AM

Yes Mi Lord!
da I should help rastaman who have just started wit da trod instead of shutting em out an calling ni artificial.
but,also,dem haffi do da own research an define fi dem selves what it means to be a rastafari.imposing our beliefs and theories onto dem will only mislead dem caw no ones caan say dat dem know what being a 'true' rasta is.

Hail H.I.M!

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/24/2009 3:43:58 AM

bless deh.

i like your name, 'humble rasta' coz it means you humble yourself to learn from others.. if ones and ones are being genuine about the livity then what a blessing. sometimes when signs are just obvious it makes one wonder things but if its pure genuineness.. i sight what you're saying when you say you got interested in rastafari back in high school. a lot of rastas actually started being in the livity from long time and its usually been coz of reggae music. i tell people that im rasta and i always want to learn the people in the livity. i dont find a problem with 'telling the world' as you put it dat the i is rasta. im proud of being a true sistren. i dont need to keep it a secret. Jah said tell the good news to the people and dat's an aim of mine. 'some' rastas divide themselves but its important to be around a family of rastas who'll help you in the livity. if people divide themselves you could be the agent that brings them back together; let dem know seh separation is a bad thing when ones and ones are trying to school the people in the right way.

------------------------------------------------------------
a lot of rastaman call da I humble and see how genuine InI faith is
------------------------------------------------------------

me too. a blessed ting when people can separate the sheep from the wolf. (",)

i try to be an example to those who look up to me as a sistren and emulate what i do because they like the fact that im a true sistren. it means im doing somethin right so i don't take offense.

p.s ones and ones shouldn't take what other rastas say as fact without doing more research on it. i take what my idren say and go do more research so as to know more. i read books, ask other rastas for more information.. you get me?!? oftentimes i challenge a lot of things that leave them saying that i have a great mind. they just like reasoning with the i because i also school them on things. (",)

SELAH!

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 3/31/2009 4:56:54 AM

Blessed are da elders who can learn from da yout!
some elders immpose a lot of da believes on da yout,still.
InI also reason wit ada rastaman and learn!
its a bless-in dat ini have met a rastaman who thinks like me.we question a lota things and reason on a lota things and we dont agree wit everything dat we hear and read (especially wen a lota text material is filled with a lota inconsistencies)!
its good to be proud of da I faith.some rastas preach to ada rastas telling dem dat they are article so dat they can be looked at as such.I nah like it wen a self proclaimed 'article' Idren is desperate fi da world to associate ini as a 'rastafari'.its pityful to see.they run around like gossipmongers talking bad about how ada rastaman are artificial (wen same Idrens are new to da faith)
Devil works!!!

Ises to His Majesty!
Give yanks fi da time spent on this reasoning.
Blessed!

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/31/2009 7:11:44 AM

bless

yes i, 'blessed are the elders who learn from the youth'. christ(youthman) stood up to the pharisees (old people) and told them dat he was here before them and they ridiculed him saying how could he say that when they were descendants of abraham and he was just a youthman. he went as far as saying that he was here long before abraham and they ridiculed him and he cast fyah pon them.

rastafari reasoning is not about who is right caah like i said before, humbling oneself to know something would make the reasoning worthwhile ie the old humbling themselves when reasoning wit the youth and vice versa so its not bout elders 'imposing' what they know on the youth! i and i again seh when one hears someone's opinion they should research further on it so that they could dispel anythin dat's not right or even reason further on it.. like this reasoning website, no one is sayin 'what i say is the way therefore listen to me and only me', you know what i mean?!?

you must not sanction yourself wit someone there ina corner mi lord caah rastafari is bout 'community'. it's togetherness. yuh cyaan sit deh deh wit someone and 'challenge' rastafari as a culture and seh what di elders are doing is not right and dis and dat. aks quesions but nuh badda seh nothin bad if yuh dunno, yuh kno!! me seh again reason widdem and be the catalyst dat brings about togetherness caah dis is not bout who knows what best, how and why.. everyone has some profound information that they can share and ther's always someone out ther who'd find what the i says to be true. sight?

-----------------------------------------
Idren is desperate fi da world to associate ini as a 'rastafari'.its pityful to see.they run around like gossipmongers talking bad about how ada rastaman are artificial (wen same Idrens are new to da faith)
-----------------------------------------

first line a dis is interesting.. i believe i've reasoned bout dis enough mi lord let's not go backward but forward. i said if one embraces the livity 'genuinely' then what a good ting and dem afi live up righteous, yuh know. caah at da end of di day if rastafari is ina yuh heart then dat's all that matters.. yuh just afi right whaa dem a seh bout yuh when dem call yuh artificial but at the end of the day yuh afi practice what yuh preach. nuh badda seh negativ ting bout others if yuh no wan dem fi seh bad bout yuh! hear me a seh?!? sight.

RootsTafari
Selassie I
JAH!
RastafarI

Messenger: Humble Rasta Sent: 4/2/2009 4:43:41 AM

I reason wit a lota rastas Idren.not just one.Iwombman long overstood dat rastafari is about community.I said we 'think alike'- not we reason on our own...
as for our 'article' Idrens..I daan take wat they say to heart.I live a joyful life caw InI know who I am and what InI have inna I heart.wen dem say wat they say bow me,InI brush it off caw I know dat da devil is at work.fire! da looks they give me-some rastas who started on da trod years ago seem to frown upon yout who just start on da trod.dats wen dem say dat adas are artificial.fire fire fire!
yanks fi da advice.i stay humbled.da I is wise.

Egziebher Yimmisgan
Fiqir Bandinet

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I