Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3411&start_row=1

Rasta Groups please asap

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: AMcclure Sent: 3/6/2009 8:56:26 PM

Dear All,

I am a 15 year old that lives in NC.and i coverted my self to rasta by the spirt of Jah.However i cannot show that because my mom is aganist InI of being a Rasta women/Teen.She wants InI to be a Christain,but i dont want to be one, InI is Rasta by the heart and soul.I need help,i wanna get away from this.She tells InI that if i even think of jah being god that she will beat I, or if i listen to reggae even . So does anyone know any Rasta groups that i can run away and join that are in USA near North Carolina so i can get away?

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/7/2009 8:58:02 AM

RastafarI Liveth,
Yes young princess, thy heart sound vexed, If the I run now at this young age trust I the I will run the rest of her life. Jus' cool down and level the vibes. If the I is a RAS than the I has the conection with the Greatest Veranda in Life; JAH RASTAFARI. Go to the Father in heaven and Pray. I see confusion and frustration in this post. Read some of the Teacings of H.I.M. they are posted on this web sight, Know one can tll another what he/she can Live, RASTAFARI is an inward thing, so if the I is serious than know it is not about showing "momma" ya have Locks or smoke ganja or even throw it in her face that ya say JAH instead of God. It can be done quietly within thy own confines of the temple. If the I just live a Ras life and say nothing to the earth parents, gwan about the business and develope the Relationship with RASTAFARI it will reflect to the parents and they will see the happiness, and wonder what does this child have in her heart that has brought peace.
But if the youth there is walkin' round "tellin" the momma this and that and fussin' and fightin' carrying on with threats of running away, (that is not what RASTAFARI) is then they see or at least percieve, what they fear about Rasta is right. Show them through disapline and obedience.
I say this Daughter, what you show is what you get back, and what InI see is confussion in the I and feel it so. That is what the Sistren parents are pickin up. Some simple clues is the fact the I state off the bat, "i converted my self to Rasta by the spirit of JAH". Child the I is Manifested as a RASATAFARI there is no conversion, man and man in flesh converge in manmade things such as religion or something passing. RASTAFARI is a LIVITY.
Also the statement about "She wants I&I to be Christian, but i dont want to be one." Check the Teachings of Selassie I RASTAFARI and ingest them into thy heart and the daughter will see RASTAFARI IS the CHRIST, Jah alone is a Christian. Haile Selassie I Regarded Jesus Christ as "OUR" savior plain and simple in his Teachings. Now I&I realize the type of Colonialism Christianity that perhaps the I's momma is trying to throw at the daughter, but RISE above it. If the I want some Peace than Pray to JAH secretly, Yeshua said pray in your closet, meaning pray quietly. It matters not what people think and know, thn at 15 develope a real Firm Relationship with RASTAFARI. Do this with the momma. Take your bible open it with your "momma" and read it. Keep RASTAFARI in SIGHT and let the Spirit RISE. Pray with your momma. take the words she uses and turn them into :Overstanding". Child most people are saying the same thing but use different words that may or may not mean the same thing.
I&I say this if the daughter thinks this will be the only road block on the Trod of RastafarI than take heed, the road is ruff up and sometimes you will walk through the valley of death. I asure thee that the Christ will bring thee through it. And so what you run today ya must fight again tomarrow. RASTAFARI stand up and do not fight, that is the Devil praying with you. Stand firm and come together with the momma. Cuz this will set forth the rest of journey in life and if you run every time you are challenged than that is what you are a runaway. Not RASTAFARI. SEEN?
when the momma start talkin' about Christianity and Jesus just interpret it into RASTAFARI. Believe it now or the I Will Awaken to it later the momma is trying in her way to instill in you something that she feels is a Powerful Truth. So look at it that she LOVES YOU. my momma used to sneak in i room and take everything that resembled Rasta, books portaits, colors etc.. and hid them away. at first I too looked to run, bu instead I stilled I heart and prayed to JAH, I realized at 15 I did not want to Live in the same house that I percieved to be confusion. So then instead of leaving and Running I Rose with the Spirit and realized I could keep JAH in I heart reguardless of my outward apearance. I studied everything in the library nd read scripture and lived peaceful, when food was served at dinner I just ate the foods that were conducive to I and if nothing was offered to I that I felt helped I then I fasted and said nothing. for 3 more years I did this until I was old enough to work a job and save to stand on my own to live. One day my momma came to me with a box of all the things she had taken away from I to stop I from Loving RASTAFARI, in tears sshe said she was sorry nd realized what ever I was doing brought peace to I and to the family. and although she did not agree she knew it was I True calling. It was through tollerance from I that this occured. I practiced what H.I.M. Taught I about tollerance. you do not have to stop Loving Jah, in Iman eyes you do not yet know the fullness so that should be the focus for the daughter. Not the running away.
I will add too that unless the sistren is being brutalized than look for the blessings. I&I Lived on several communes and in RASTA comunities through my 20's and 30's and seen many off runnaway Rasta wanna be's but most times the runnaways would be sent away because they were looked upon as week hearted. Unless brutality was being used against the youth. and those that slipped through the gates for a short while went back home because they realized living the LIFE of a RAS was to them harder work.LOL
So I&I advise this as I too have walked in the same shoes, Pray to JAH, put Love and True OVERSTANDING in thy Heart, and Honor the momma, do not be a door mat but allow her to care about you. what you see at age 15 is not the whole Picture and the challenge that you feel now is just the beginning. As long as the mind is on things of vexation and anger and frustration then the heart and mind is not focused on JAH. and that can be done without a single person knowing. Love JAH with all of your Heart Mind and Soul. then there will be no room to hate your life or momma or place you live for now. Life is Life and the Flesh is passing, Know that this too shall pass. Develope the common ground with the momma and it will cultivate Love in time that comes. Trust I. to this day I keep in touch with I parents and to this day they are Roman Catholic and I RASTAFARI to this day there is Love and respect, because I prayed for tollerance and Overstanding 30 years ago. YES I LIVE LOVE and LAUGH everyday. Ask this question where will the momma andyou be in 100 years.
Selassie I Live
Iyah

Messenger: AMcclure Sent: 3/8/2009 7:13:00 AM

BONGO IYAH

Thank you for your words of wisdom.I overstand alot of what you are saying,but its one thing i would like to point out, i dont fuss and fight wih my mom,she brings the evil to i and i try to overstand by ingoreing it and going on with a good heart and mind.Thank you for your words and InI wil love Jah more than anything else,and overstand everything and anything that trys to get in the way.InI will also try to build with i mom.But if you have an email address,can i have it?

Messenger: BONGO IYAH Sent: 3/8/2009 11:09:46 AM

RASTAFARI
I say this to the daughter, I&I do not believe for a moment that the momma "brings" evil to thee. I&I am here in this Life on this Earth to be Tested and strengthened. No Sistren, It is the daughter who attracks the opposition to her self, what may seem to be an evil because it creates ill feelings does not mean it is an "evil". Evil is just mind power wich only has power over the mind, it is not something ordained by JAH. But at the same times a lesson to be learned or a challege to be over come may apear as evil but in fact is a lesson Jah wishes I&I to learn so then it is sent from the Most High. Which I feel and from where I sit can see this is what the daughter is dealing with. Do not blame another for bringing evil. The Law of Life is a Law of attraction. Like a magnet. We find what we seek. I&I attract what I need to learn, this does not make it evil. RASTAFARI is not in any way a free and easy ride, on the contrary, As Christ said many times, we must Lay down our Life for another. That includes all. Jah works are not for the week heart or weary. yet the flesh gets week and weary the Spirit is strong. Take the emotional and ego (flesh) out of the picture and I&I know the sistren will see the Love and Light.
Not for a moment does I Heart believe that the momma is bringing anything but trying to bring Love to you. It may not feel so to the sistren because it is a manner in which you do not like.
Let I ask this, If I ask for patience from JAH, do I think by the wave of the majic Septer and Rod JAH says Abrah Kahdabrah. and presto poof it is there. NO SISTREN JAH will send situations that TEST I patience, such as a nagging parent or a friend who needs I physical strength or a child who needs constant attention, anything that "opposes" I so as to teach I whole Being the Lesson. If things were just given to I it causes ungratefulness. But when the Hotter the Battle, the Sweeter the Victory.SEEN?
I&I pick updifferent vibes from the daughter. and Honestly not all are positive. I feel the daughter speaks onesided because at this time that is the only way the eye is open. Do not take offense to this. Just go into a quiet place and meditate on it. Pray unto the MOST HIGH, it is not the momma who is seeking the truth, she has found it in her way. Seperation occurs when tolerance is not practiced. Trust I if I know only One things these many Years on earth and trodding RastafarI, Tollerance is Key. Forgiveness is the Lock on the Gate of ZION. I will repeat Forgive, Forgive, Forgive... Eternal Life...Forgive...SEEN? YES I JAH RASTAFARI IS
To Love JAH is not to wanna Be To Love JAH IS to BE. JAH Time Is Now, Forgiveness is a must for the daughter toRise above into the Irits.
Thy site at present is limited and that is to be expected. If the I is sincere to RASTAFARI the Realizations of Revelation will come. The word must become flesh before wisdom will flow. Through Knowledge and Overstanding this will occur for the I
ONE LOVE
Selassie I Live
Iyah

Messenger: rootz Sent: 3/9/2009 6:03:52 AM

bless deh youthwoman!

we're both in a similar predicament. difference is that im 20 and im turning 21 on the 12th of august so just a few months of living with the anti-Rasta. my mom's also anti Rasta and if it wasn't for my older sis and bro havin had dreads a few years ago(they since removed them caah they were just for fashion...), my mom would'v made me remov myn. myn are not that long tho, just a few cm.. she doesn't want anythin to do wit Rasta in 'her house' and she once made me burn all stuff that had the colors. rather.. told me to.. but i lied and said i'd sell them but i still have them. i listen to my music in the study on computer and i stuff my clothes deep in my cupboard. when i wan wear the stuff and she's at home and would see me leaving the house dressed like dat, i just take a tee in my bag and change when i leav and lock the door. i know.. don't comment..

it's not easy livin a doubl life esp when you know that in your heart of hearts you'r Rasta but you can't let your mother see you donned in the royal colors or let her hear your music. you feel so fake to be dressed in jeans and a tight top when you know there's nothin better than being in a skirt-that probably has the colors somewhere-a top and headwrap. i have no choice but to respect my mother as long as i'm in her house. i could try reasonin but if someone is dead set in their ways and doesn't want you to do stuff, esp when it's your mother, you have no choice but to respect her. i have this intuition that one of these days she's going to kick me out and i'm prepared for that. i'm planning to beat her to it and move out when i turn 21 to go 'live up' freely. if i attempt to run away she can get the police involved and as im still a minor by law i'l be treated like a delinquent and probably be taken to the traditional court to be whipped by this long ass whip. yeah.. sucks.. don't comment.. (this is botswana)

i guess what im sayin is that you should live up in her house in a way that shows you respect her. if she doesn't want to hear any of your reggae etc then you shouldnt play it or just play it when she's not there. i listen to it wit da volume turned down and full blast when she's not here. also, it's about what's inside that matters to SELAHSSIE I. if you look like a 'regular' susan or jane but have SELAHSSIE I in your heart then that's all that matters. you'l just reveal it on the outside when you'r away from your mother's presence.

i used to have this evil thought that mayb if she died then i'd live up freely but i'v since made peace with all that. i know i'll never stop hail Rastafari and i have a feeling my mother knows that too. that's why i have the intuition that she's gon kick me out.. she might feel guilty for doin it while im stil a minor dat why she's keepin me around..

be strong, do no wrong and know dat SELAHSSIE I is King of kings and you'l be alright.

SELAHSSIE I
JAH RASTAFARI!

Messenger: ROOK FARI 7 Sent: 3/9/2009 2:54:14 PM

DONT RUN AWAY!!!
LIFE IS ABOUT GROWING
PEOPLE RUN AWAY TO JOIN CIURCUS..
WAT I MEAN BY THAT IS IT DONT SOLVE ANY THING, THOSE THINGS PASS MY MOM WAS THE SAME WAY YEARS AGO CUSS ME ALL DAY ,ABOUT BOBO THIS BOBO THAT RASTA THIS RASTA THAT, CUT YOUR LOCKS AND GET A JOB
NOW HER GRAND CHILDREN HAVE RASTAFARI NAMES THEY BAWL BOUT GOIN TO AFRICA... AND SHELL ROCK A BOB MARLEY SHIRT AND SHE WATCHES VIDEOS..
TIME HEALS ALL THINGS U ARE HER BABY
NEVER DISS MAMA
NO MATTER WAT

Messenger: AMcclure Sent: 3/12/2009 11:28:24 AM

Rootz,

It does feel like ini live a double life.But Rasta is in i heart,When i turn 18 ini am planing to move away.so..Thanks for your advice and your story,i plan not to run away i decided that ini will overstand my mom, respect her,and try to get her to understand,better yet overstand.I will overcome.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/13/2009 8:41:37 PM

blessed love

9For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

20For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

21For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: (1 peter 2v18)

sistren as many said its a trial. i venture to say all had been through this, not all has handle it as one should, patients and humbleness.

as many said she is only doing what she think is right. i also had been through the same, they would tell i don't cook two food to waste their gas because i stopped eat meat, etc,etc, even want to put i out of the house.

now leaving as his majesty told i with the bible, knowing i am an ambassador of my faith i humbled my self, do all my work diligently, until now they boast me and cant do without me and speaks highly of i faith.

and this is the message of the scripture

5Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 peter 5v6)

For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. luke 14v11

blessed love and jah guide

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 3/15/2009 5:54:07 PM

I live in NC, Im a college student though. I feel you with the persecution, I have had to go through similar situation. Use this as an opportunity to learn more about HAILE SELASSIE THE CONQUERING LION OF JUDAH

Ises unto JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 3/17/2009 10:04:47 PM

as the Eleazar1234 say and i always say, read, read, read, education is the only true liberation, run to where, every thing every where difficult,you moms is the first test, live the rasta life, educated, humble, bold, helpful,attentive, hard working, always ready to give an intelligent opinion.

bob marley said, you running, and you running away, but can't run away from yourself.

live honest life, be the last in line, take the smallest peace, sit at the back. humble yourself and jah will rise you up.

when they make there point rasta, this and that, what is your reasonin? why rasta, what has rasta done for you? you are to read, and pray as his majesty to enlighten you heart to know his truth, i did and know he answered i, but itis through reading H.I.M words

blessed love rastas and H.I.M Haile SelassieI guide you always to find truth.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I