Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3382&start_row=1

KMT in African languages

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/21/2009 4:03:43 PM

Blessed Love

Empress Yaa, Ten, and all i African idren

I was just sitting here wondering if the i them have ever noticed any words in your own native language that seem to have a parallel in the language of KMT

To give isamples
I have heard that a more accurate sounding of the word Giza is Gizeh.
It is interesting to i that "gizeh" is the Amharic word for Time, but i am not really sure about this because i am not sure when the word Gizeh came into use, also not sure if it is really an Egyptian word or is it Arabic?

Another one
The builder of the great Pyramid is said to be Khufu. On wikipidea, it says "Unlike his father, Khufu is remembered as a cruel and ruthless pharaoh"
The Amharic word for any person who is cruel and ruthless is Khufu.

Would be of great interest to i to hear of other KMT words in other
African languages

Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 2/23/2009 11:39:16 AM

Greetings...

Ras KebreAB, the book I told the I about, a little while ago, Ethiopic, by Prof. Ayele Bekerie, would be of great value to the I in this subject, do check it out. I got my copy on Amazon, used, for less than ten dollars, worth every penny.

Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/23/2009 2:12:10 PM

Give thanks iyah, yes i. i will get it soon as i am able to

Rastafari

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 2/24/2009 8:35:18 AM

Greetings!

Yes this is an interesting reasoning. I have thought about this at times and some years ago came across a document with a list of all the words in Igbo that correspond similarly with ones used in KMT / KUSH etc.

This literally was years ago and I hope I kept the link amongst my notes and records... but would take some looking for! I can remember that

Miri (mm-i-ri) means water in Igbo and the same in an ancient egyptian language. There are loads more, this document had up to a hundred, or maybe more.

Also... I was saying not too long ago to an Idren, Ada is the word in Igbo meaning first daughter. This word is the same in Hebrew.

Selah!

p.s. I actually need to link thee I, Ras KebreAb. I have a business proposition for thee I. Link me on an email when able to correspond.

Love.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I