Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3376&start_row=11

Is smoking a defilement?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/19/2009 2:22:24 PM

Yes Arkon I I and I sighted what the I said. I and I knw that vaporizing is a good method and not harmful on the lungs; in fact this method I have heard is helful for asthma.

However I and I am asking whether smoking is a defilement to I and I temple, not which method of using the herb is less harmful to the temple; this I and I know.

RasTafarI

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 2/19/2009 3:34:08 PM

RastafarI
RAS I-Tom if it is cool with the I, I&I would like the I's email address. I would like to send the I some information. If it is cool with the I?
Only thycan know what defiles himself, as Bradah's and Sistahs here and in all places it is I&I and JAH RASTAFARI (Between the I and JAH) that can know what thy heart's convictions are. The I can ask a Budah, and him sey in his way, same as christian,Rasta,
any one who has a notion about any thing has an idea of how the interperetation of things are , but the reality is Only the I lives with the I. as the song goes " at the closing of the day Jah only will be there. Respect Iyah Drop an email. I will put mine up if the I would rather not disclose, I hope this is Ok. please resond when the I recieves it. bakingbirds@yahoo.com

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 5:51:36 PM

If smoking herb is so bad how did I run a marathon? I smoke ganja several times a week.

JAH MADE THE HERB FOR MAN

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 5:54:24 PM

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 5:59:50 PM

I also would like to add that I don't smoke tobacco whatsoever, that is like putting pure poison into your body.

HERB IS FOR THE USE OF MAN

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/19/2009 6:14:56 PM

Look Iyah,
As I said I and I am not saying smoking herb is bad...
As I said also, I and I see ganja as the healing and the sacrament, however I and I am questioning whether this herb that is for the use of man is being used in the best way by man.
I and I am simply seeking guidance regarding whether it is a defilement to use the sacrament in a way that irritates the lungs which Selassie I created for breathing. I and I am simply seeking guidance. I and I would not doubt that you could run a marathon I, congratulations on that achievment. I and I know there are people who smoke ganja and are fit, I am not questioning whether it is unhealthy or not. I and I come here however for some guidance regarding the use of the sacrament as to whether it is a defilement.
I and I only just stopped smokign ganja a week ago as I and I need to ask Iself soemthings and I come here for guidance in the house of RasTafarI hoping that I would find some help from I Idren and I sistren.

Blessed love,
RasTafarI Selassie I Menen I.

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 6:20:45 PM

Ras I-Tom,

if smoking is irritating your lungs, then take a break. For I, ganja doesn't seem to have much effect on I lungs, maybe because I usually just smoke out of I bowl, I don't really roll joints too often.

JAH LIVES

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/19/2009 6:25:23 PM

I and I did not find the herb irritating I lungs either, but I and Istopped because I and I was under the impression that the smoking of the herb does irritate the lungs, as the smoking of anything would. And this is exactly why I and I came to the house for guidance. To know whether this is true or whether ganja is an exception because it is the sacrament. Because herb is for man does not mean it is for smoking anyway, just as tobacco is not for smoking, as we see the disastorous effects of doing so; yet tobacco is a herb. So I and I want to know whether ganja is for smoking.

RasTafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 6:27:00 PM

Yes its for smoking LOL

like I said, if you are getting irritated from smoking too much, take a break. Always remember moderation.

and also, yes tobacco is a herb, but a poisonous one

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 2/19/2009 8:36:21 PM

ini never see smoking herb to be defiling,

ini am the temple, and the ancient high priests would have to smoke the holy of hollies where the ark of the covenant is to approach the ark, the presence of jah. smokin is a form of purification.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I