Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3376&start_row=1

Is smoking a defilement?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/19/2009 5:48:36 AM

I and I am asking this question not because I think so, but because it is a question that has been going around in I head.

Now Iman have stopped smoking Ganja about a week ago because I had to think about something, and I and I would like some guidance.

I am not saying in anyway that Ganja is a defilement (I think Ganja is the healing). However the title of this post is referring to the smoking of Ganja. I and I just keep thinking that smoking is not going to do I lungs good. Also Iman think that I and I will eventually start to notice some effect on I and I lungs if I and I keep smoking for long; not so?

The other thing that keeps playing in I head is that I keep thinking that the lungs were created for breathing, not smoking.

So the question is whether smoking defiles the temple?

I and I love smoking Ganja as an aid for Iditating, and it really helps I and I to become in tune with the Irits of Jah RasTafrI; however I and I temple come first.

This is a question I and I have been thinking about seriously as I and I want I temple as clean as possible so that it may be more welcoming for the Irit of Jah RasTafarI.

Give thanks and Ises unto Holy I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 2/19/2009 11:04:06 AM

Greetings in the Name of the MOST HIGH
Yes Iyah it is good to think about the over all health of the body and the facilitation of the temple walls. I am curantly not inhaling smoke. there are other ways if the I wishes to take in the Ganja. It is a known fact the lungs are for breathing and not for the inhalation of smoke, all smoke contains irritants to the lungs. Has the I ever coughed after an inhalation? this is the lungs rejecting the "smoke" Herbs are very good and I am very much an herbalist when it comes to I health. but let us realize the constant daily use of smoke of any kind will eventually cause iritation. Fear not Iyah there are other ways to injest herbs in fact most all other herbs are made into a tea. Bring the water to 110 degree Farenhite and let the herbs steep for as long as the I wishes in fact eat the remainder of herbs. The active ingredient is of course THC and many people do not realize that this is actually destroyed when temperatures reach over 110 degrees farenhite. so when the I smoke it is the herbs that are burning before the fire on the spliff or chalice that contain the live thc. This is a fact and no b.s. Many studies have been made, and there are many books out there on this issue. The I can also make butter either from dairy or even soy butter. just heat enough butter to 110 degrees F put in the desired amount of herb and let cook for at least 3-4 hours. it will not burn at this temp,, but stir occasionally. Then the I can strain for smooth orleave the remainder and have chunky butter. spread on toast OH, MY! what a feeling. the I can also cook with it and after it has been cured in the butter fat the thc will stabalize and this is why it can then be used for baking. stems seeds etc, can be done in this process so there is no waste. In India there is what people call GHEE and it is made this way, the I can even take a spoon full and place it in a cup of hot water add honey, cinomon etc and it is so good. I think I shall have some NOW.
SMOKING is out of convienience and it is also the fastest way to achieve the effect one looks for in herb. It is also the most harmful aproach due to the fact of irritants to the lungs. Yet the Lungs are a dirrect passage to the blood stream so the effect is within minutes where as when eatin' or drank the effects come on within 30- 45 minutes. Yet last much longer and can be more stronger than smoking, mainly becouse the thc is destroyed when on fire. this is truth Iyah. Iman use a magnifying glass to light when smoked so even the flame does not burn precsious herb. Try it on a sunny day. Many many amounts of herb is wated because of the convienience of smoking, yet I&I all do it out of the fact it is the fast and easy way, which is not always the best way.LOL
Another method that is gaining ground os a VAPORIZOR, the I can go on line and check into these things, they are abit high tech but many of I friends on the west coast and in Amsterdam say it is the best and most intense way. this process some how eliminates the smoke and only the active ingredients are administered into the lungs without any smoke. It also leaves no resin or residue. the end result is a fine, fine ash. When compared to the amount of ash that is left in the challice or from a spliff is considerable.
Let I&I face it COMBUSTION is COMBUSTION wheather from HERB or any other means. But there are ways of enjoying the benifits of Ganja without the combustion. Even of the I cuts smoking in half by making tea or some thing it will improve the lungs. It is true the Body is the TEMPLE and continued daily smoking is harmful in any means. It may not show up in youth but I&I have seen as I have passed 40 the lungs have taken abit of abuse, Some type of alternative is always positive.
JAH LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 11:39:27 AM

Everything in moderation

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/19/2009 11:40:55 AM

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 2/19/2009 11:46:17 AM

RastafarI
Ras I-Tom, I do not know if the I's question was answered, defilement in the dictionary means to make filthy. I think not because the lungs and kidneys and liver all are like filter systems. So, do I&I dirty the lungs yes, does it remain dirty, I do not think so. Can SMOKE harm the body after much use , Yes. It goes back to the quote of not what goes into the body but what comes out. It is enevitable for the body to brak down and it is for sure in this world I&I live in does polutants come in and out. Can I&I controle for the most part what goes into out body, Yes. So It is all relevant to alarge degree. I&I do have a responsibility to keep our Temple clean. Smoke, dust debris, polution will get in our body, if it did not there would have been no reason for I to have such a remarkable filtration system. The only purpose some of our organs serve are to clear out the defilement.
ONE LOVE
Selassie I Live up
wahdahdah

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/19/2009 12:04:15 PM

Greetings in the name of the Most High God Haile Selassie I JAH!

Bredrin wahdahdah, respect for the reply Iyah; honest, realistic, and impartial. I found the Is replies very helpful. I and I do not think I will start back smoking the herbs as I will instead use the alternative methods which agree with the temple.

I have ingested Ganja orally once, in a peanut butter crackers which was cooked in the oven, and the I is right the effects are much more profound and last hours and hours on end.

I and I have a question regarding the cooking of it in butter however. How do the I cook it? In the oven or on stove top? And in what do you cook it in?
Also regarding the tea; I and I have read that THC is not water soluble, so does the I feel the Iditational effects from the Ganja tea?

Blessed love!
Ras TafarI

Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 2/19/2009 12:28:26 PM

THC reacts with alcohol and lipides. I would like to say that smoking GanJAH ina water-pipe is a little bit healtier for I lungs. Water filters sensimilla from large amount of carbon monoxide. However the healtiest way of inhaling GanJAH is vaporizing it. In some temperature (I think about 220 degree of Celsius) herbs start to evaporate. Yuh can make vaporizer by the Iself!

bless

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/19/2009 1:44:46 PM

Oh and when I and I ask if smoking is a defilement I and I mean defilement as spoken of in the scriptures.

I and I know that when smoked in moderation it will not effect I and I significantly as the lungs are given time to recover from the irritation. But is doing somehing that irritates the lungs a defilement to the organs of the temple which work to promote life?

Once again, I and I am no speaking agaisnt the smoking of ganja. I and I just want some guidance regarding this method of using the herb.

Blessed love.

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 2/19/2009 2:09:07 PM

RASTAFARI
RAS I-TOM, I will respond in a bit to the I Be back today online, respect.
Selassie I live
wahdahdah

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 2/19/2009 2:17:49 PM

I and I said that the BEST (the healtiest) way of using herb is vaporizing. It doesn't make too much damage to lungs, so it doesnt "defile" them.

Blessed Love brother.!

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I