Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3366&start_row=11

In Judah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2009 1:36:07 AM

Ras KebreAB, the I said,

---------------------
And this is a very telling quote i think, Hort writes in a letter

"It is quite impossible to judge the value of what appear to be trifling alterations merely by reading them one after another. Taken together, they have often important bearings which few would think of at first "

Change it a little hear and there, no one will notice, but when all the chnages are taken together, well you have an altogether different bible

BUt for i, to see what changes they have made in the bible is the best form of sighting what they are doing
---------------------

Hort revealed his own self.

Here is something about the intent of the translation
---------------------
The intent of the translators was to produce an accurate and readable translation that would fall between formal equivalence (colloquially known as "literal" or "word-for-word") and dynamic equivalence (colloquially known as "meaning" or "thought-for-thought")[6][7]: an emphasis was placed on thought-for-thought translation, but it was meant to be no freer than necessary to carry the sense of the original—it is a literal translation smoothed out by moderate use of dynamic equivalence.
---------------------

KJV
ACTS 8
36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

NIV
ACTS 8
36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?"[f]
38And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.

They left out the verse where the Ethiopian Eunich said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God". It comes again to what the I was saying Ras KebreAB about the timing of the new version.

KJV
Philippians 2

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

NIV
Philippians 2

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing, taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness.

They are saying the opposite. In the King James version, Christ didn't think it was robbery to be equal with God. And that is because they are One. But the NIV says that he did not consider equality with God something to be grasped. So it sounds like He is saying that it is not possible to be equal with God.

Here are some comparisons I found on other websites

KJV
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his
commandments, that they may have right to the
tree of life...

NIV
Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who wash
their robes, that they may have the right to the tree
of life...

KJV
2nd Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many,
which corrupt the word of God:

NIV
2nd Corinthians 2:17 Unlike so many, we do not
peddle the word of God for profit.

This is from another article
--------------------------------
If you will open the King James Bible and turn to the book of Matthew, chapter 18, verse 11 you will read: "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost." This verse communicates the very gospel of the Christian Faith. Most will agree that this is one of the most important verses in the Holy Bible. Now open the New International Version and turn to Matthew chapter 18, verse 11. There, will you find a paraphrased version of the same verse that is simplified by modern language? No.

You will see verse 10 and then you will see verse 12. There is no verse 11 in the New International Version. In fact there is no Matthew 23:14. There is no Mark 7:16, Mark 9:44 or 46. Mark 11:26 reads: "But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."
--------------------------------

Here are some other verses that are missing from the NIV

Matthew 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation
Mark 7:16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
Mark 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Mark 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
Luke 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luke 23:17 (For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)
John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 17 KJV
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

John 17 NIV
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

KJV
Luke 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luke 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

NIV
Luke 9:55 But Jesus turned and rebuked them,
Luke 9:56 and they went to another village.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/11/2009 2:20:57 PM

Greetings in the Name of the Most I JAH RASTAFARI

Yes I,give thanks Ark I

Let i try to talk in simple terms

When i use the term KJV bible, please note that i dont mean just that version, but i am including all the bible versions which are based on the recieved text, and remember that all bible versions before the last century,including the bible of the coptic church are based on the recieved text. Before the last century, the only bible version which was not based on the recieved text, was the Latin vulgate and the Douay Rheims bible, the bible of the catholic church. And since the last century all the newer versions including the NIV are closely related to the catholic bible, in fact so closely related that we might as well take them as the same.

So here is a question, what is the overall difference that we find between the KJV and the NIV and all these new version.
The answer to put it simply is all about the divinity of Christ.

Or to put it in another way, the KJV is Christ based, while the NIV and the rest are ecumenical bibles, ecumenical as defined as, general,universal, interreligious or interdenominational.

So why are they making ecumenical bibles? Because that is the only way that a One World Religion can be formed.
It is impossible to have a One World religion with Christ.
So the divinity of Christ, the Only begotten of the Father, must be removed.

Ark I, the first isample the i gave is a perfect demonstration of this.
Acts 8, I believe that Christ is the Son of God, is removed. Sight?

Now let i come to another point.

It is for this reasons that it pains i to see i idren talk about things like Reincarnation. I know some idren see i opinion and say, oh he is just close minded, so i have to ask them, do you really know what you are saying, do you even realise that you are helping them to create their one world government? Well i nah sit back and let no one drag Rastafari into them things there

Alright, let us look into this concept of Reincarnation.
Let i start with I High Priest Melchezidek King Emmanuel I.
He teach ini, the white world teach ini that we must die to see God, but ini shall see Jah in the flesh.
As it was said by JOB, in Chapter 19.v26
"And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God"
So in reincarnation, today you are a man, next time you are a worm, and who knows what next
So i ask which flesh are you going to see Jah in? As a man? as a worm?

Now some of you might be asking,why belief in reincarnation would help babylon create a one world religion system
Well for one thing reincarnation is a pantheistic philosophy, God is everything and everywhere and you are god and you are the universe etc etc, which i have no hesitation in burning fyah on it, for ini know Jah in flesh. We are not gods, it is only through HIM that we can become godly.

Alright, next thing, it was claimed by Alexander in the other post that Christ never spoke on this subject, and since he asked for correction, here it is
Christ said to Nicodemus , "I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
And immediately you can see Nicodemus´s doubt as he tries to come to terms with this idea of reincarnation and he says, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"
But Christ sets him straight and explains to him that being born again is not of the flesh but of the spirit, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

And then there is the matter of Sin and judgment

what does Hebrew 9 say?
"And as it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgment"

What is ini teaching? The wages of sin is death. Point blank. No compromise.

But in reincarnation, you do sin, but so what, you can correct it in the next life, or the next, or the next,,,,right?
The same kind of fuckery that they teach in the vatican, so what if you sin, you can go through purgotory and get rid of your sins. Excuse my language, but i can think of a better word for it.

So what do these kinds of teachings do???
They make the sacrifice of Christ for the sins of mankind null and void, totally unnecessary, and that is the greatest folly.

In the words of ini Father
"When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"

RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2009 11:35:05 PM

Ras KebreAB, the I said,

--------------
God is everything and everywhere and you are god and you are the universe etc etc, which i have no hesitation in burning fyah on it, for ini know Jah in flesh. We are not gods, it is only through HIM that we can become godly.
--------------

When I read that, it made I think of:

Psalm 82
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

When I see people who say they are God but live in a manner that God would never Live, I always think that they have limited their self by that foolish thought. Instead of learning to Live by the example of the Most High Creator, they pretend they are God and insult the True God as they move a talk in their filthiness.

The I may or may not agree with I on this next statement. I sight, as the I already knows from I reasonings, that when the day comes when I and I Live in complete Inity with Jah RasTafarI, and trod according to every direction that comes from the Great Rudder Haile Selassie I, I and I will be One with God, with no separation. But until that day, I and I are just man, who are not Living the way that was set for I and I.

Now look at the NIV translation of that scripture:
------------
Psalm 82
6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'
7 But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler."
------------

Two subtle changes they made that don't seem significant at first glance, actually make a difference.

KJV But ye shall die like men
NIV But you will die like mere men

So in the KJV it can be interpreted as , you will die like men, because you are men. But in the NIV by adding the word "mere", it slants the interpretation by causing separation between the reader and the "mere men" who he will die like, so it is more likely to be seen as, you are god, but you will die like a mere man.

The other subtle difference that causes the interpretation in the NIV to slant towards saying that people are God, even in their present filthiness, is the part:

KJV I have said
NIV I said

Usually when a person says "I said" in the way it was used in that Psalm it is when they are referring to something they said in the recent past, and the statement they make still applies to the present. In the KJV by saying "I have said", the word "have" implies something that was said a good amount of time in the past, but might not necessarily apply in the present.

Another thing, look at how they changed children to son, cutting out woman.

Ark I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/12/2009 1:52:29 PM

Blessed Love I

Here are some of i thoughts

First, i think that ini should keep in mind that it is not by accident but for a good purpose when the bible writes some words in capital letters and some not.
When it writes "gods", it has a reason for it. When it sys God,it has a reason for it
To give another isample, we just have to look at the book of Daniel.
Daniel speaks to the babylonian king Nebucadnezzar and says
"Thou, O king, art a king of kings"
The i sight, it is written in small letters
But then,when you go to the book of Revelations it is written
"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings.

The i sight how the bible makes a difference in the two? I think this is good for ini to keep in mind.

NOw Ark I, the i said "when the day comes when I and I Live in complete Inity with Jah RasTafarI, and trod according to every direction that comes from the Great Rudder Haile Selassie I, I and I will be One with God, with no separation."

Im not sure what made the i think i would dispute this, iyah.
I have no problem with that.
You said "I and I will be One with God". I sight that as Truth

However, if the i had said, "I and I will be EQUAL with God", that i could never agree with
I hope the i sight the difference..

Psalm 82 says "I have said, Ye are gods"

I see a lot of people gravitate towards that line, you know say mankind love to exalt himself and not the Most High God.
But i think it is very important that ini seriously consider the next line "and all of you are children of the most High."

That is why i said, we are not gods, it is only through HIM and by doing His Commandments that ini can become Godly, we are His children, He is ini Father. He is the creator of all, without him,we are nothing.

It would also do us well to rememeber the lesson of the Garden of Eden
"But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

As Christ sys in Matthew 23
"Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted"

Blessed I
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/12/2009 10:17:15 PM

I didn't think the I would disagree, but since I was reasoning about I agreement about what the I said, and that was an extension of it, I didn't want to suggest that I thought you were saying that.

Whenever the word equals is used, there must be two or more things being compared. So equal goes against One, and there will never be more than One God. Jah RasTafarI never changes, so if a person thinks they can be different and imagine that they are God or even god, is foolishness. How can somebody be God or god, while they don't trod in Inity with Creator, but instead live differently than God. It makes no sense.

Ark I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 2/16/2009 6:22:26 AM

Blessed ights

Wonderful reasoning! Very inspirational, scholastic and highly.

I second the point about regarding the use of capitals in any written language, particularly that in the Bible... it makes the difference between object and subject. It is an important facet of language, semantics, meanings and interpretation. A definite point to note for good study principles!

Yes IandI choose between God & evil. We choose the God side (or maybe we either are or aren't - see reasonings relating to pre-destination and God will), and become (or remain) of it and subject to it; powerful and dependent at once, exhalted and serving at once.

My culture, trod and sense tell I that in life there is no death (as generally referred to - I feel this is a misrepresentation), other than the one that is dead living. The fall of the flesh is part of life. Reincarnation might use the cyclical concept of life, but it veers off on a tangeant denoting some sort of death = elevation which doesn't really fit with what InI know. This notion depends on belief, so...? Yu dun know.

We live and give birth and on and on. Our smiles and ways live in our generations (just as our generations before unto David / Jesse and beyond live in InI), so this is everlasting life. Christ promise is to know everlasting life as it stands. So consciousness brings clarity and knowledge of God life that is ours. Unconsciousness allows illusion to the mind, the mind has the power to create, illusive minds create materialisation of folly and their own sense of hell. This is death. Many are dead before their own flesh drops - these are ghosts, demons, etc. Even if there was reincarnation, it would be useless to them. They are dead; dead or alive. Sight.

One of the main confusion for I and is well raised in the comparative reasoning between received text based translations and thought for thought translations in the thread is the varying perspectives on the man as god question.

It seems to I that the received text based literature represents the notion that man is not exclusive from God, and vice versa. As InI are outlining; Godliness is surely a manageable and attainable aspiration - the Bible is every One's handbook / blueprint / map / almanac in this life for the same attainment - think breadcrumbs trail. Haile Selassie I glories (and is glorified) in the Bible. Our fall from 100% to 13% usage of our mentality is due to our digressions and disobedience. Now we must find our own way back. Those who know the way shall still reach. Especially if we are looking at old testament ideologies. This as well as references in the New testament to the One, Christ, and divinity / saintliness in flesh compounds the idea that the original text does not hide or skew the concept from human knowledge.

That is about translation. In terms of interpretation it follows as far as I can see that within Catholicism, which claims it's theological base around the activities and consequent letters of Paul, the publicised point of Jesus was to exempt humanity from the principles that provide Godliness as an aspiration. They say he died for our sins and the like... so accordingly; in the Roman sacrifice of a Christ figure; man is said to be made free from sin, by default... and no matter what you do as long as you confess to a priest or pray for forgiveness, it shall be granted like a wish. All onus on the individual to sight that only one can forgive themself is removed ( as in; therefore a one better only do what they know they can forgive themself for, otherwise your own mind will catch you and shall create it's own punishment - thee I know InI are our own harshest judges). So the God within, I in I, is castrated from self and put to sacrifice on a cross. (fyah). And the God with-out (being Lion of Judah, RasTafari) is demonised and repackaged as the devil (the reason why bad things happen). More fiyah.

The legacy of this ideology is that they (Catholic church) have taken the lead in deciding and dictating what is regarded as right and wrong; things for which people should feel guilty and that which they shouldn't. When InI add to this reasonings about who is the pope and all that, I think it becomes clear where they fit in establishing the world of revelations.

Regarding protestant / anglican readings and inherited interpretations thereof, I think InI will find that they have a god who they openly refer to and then leave it to the individual / 'those in the know' to figure out of whom they speak. I think it could be money (as in worldwide monetary / international banking system), but I suspect that money is simply the currency / tool of their god. And just as the queen of england is head of the church, I think they have an actual figurehead, like a high priest and their god (like a pagan deity / idol) is something to do with money. I think they sight godliness as an attainable goal, however I think they have mistaken godliness as ego based / material power (like majick and making things happen) and so keep the reality of this interpretation hidden and made available to their ruling classes / elite (who are actually a family anyway).

I could go on all day about where the Knights templar / new world american puritans / George Washington / Abraham Lincoln / Russia / Third Reich / and so many more come into this (in my opinion)... but people have probably already stopped reading by this point anyway!! lol.

I was going to say something else, but it's gone from my mind.

Oh to live in Judah, in flesh and words and works and doings! Same way, the battleground is still sweet especially unto victory! ;)

Give thanks for life and the almighty lifegiver. Praises King Haile I, Empress Menen I Selassie I. JAH. RasTafari.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 2/16/2009 7:24:45 AM

oh yeah... here is the thing that left I for a second...

John 1:10

King James Bible
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

International Standard Version (©2008)
He was in the world, and the world was made through him. Yet the world did not recognize him.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

Douay-Rheims Bible
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Geneva Study Bible
{q} He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

(q) The person of the Word was made manifest even at that time when the world was made.

People's New Testament

1:10 He was in the world, etc. This verse declares: (1) That he was in the world, (2) the world was made by him, (3) it did not recognize him.

The world is humanity in general, which knew him not.

Wesley's Notes

1:10 He was in the world - Even from the creation.

My version:

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH RasTafari.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/16/2009 10:35:15 PM

Yes I Yaa Asantewa, it is our journey to return to the way we forgot centuries upon centuries ago, to use all the Heights that Jah RasTafarI has given I and I.

About the thing the I was speaking about the church teaching people that we are saved because Christ was crucified and died. This is another obstacle to I and I Rising in the Heights, because instead of people learning from the example of God, as shown by Eashua Christ and Haile Selassie I, they excuse theirself from Livity by a thing they call repentance, but they are mistaking repentance with asking forgiveness. Repent means to turn back or turn away from something, in the Biblical turning away from evil. Nothing has changed, it is the same as before. When I and I listen to the Most High, I and I will no longer sin, so I and I will be free from sin and free from the law, because there is no law against righteousness.

People must know that we are not saved because Christ was crucified. The reality is that Christ was crucified because He saved I and I. Christ gave I and I the Teachings and Example of the Most High, and that is why they crucified him. Christ knew that they would do this, but he sacrificed himself and taught I and I the Truth anyway. It is a shame when some want to ignore that Truth and instead depend on forgiveness so that they can excuse theirself.

Ark I

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 2/17/2009 11:16:47 AM

With all respect I would only like to quote Albert Einstein, who have said "Or it is God in me, or he doesn't exist at all".

Why have I quoted it? Well somebody said that God in the I makes I Godly - and that is just not right. We are the creation of the Most I Selassie I and we have Holy Spirit in our hearts (Holy Spirits Inites and keeps in harmony every living being). But we are not Godly ! We are the children of IYAH, whose Spirit lives in the I. It makes us Humans, not gods!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 2/17/2009 11:26:01 AM

[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
(John 10)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I