Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3337&start_row=1

How independent are InI decisions in JAH masterplan?

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IIESI Sent: 1/10/2009 3:47:37 PM

Greetings to all my beloved Brethrens and Sistrens! Praises to Jah and thanks for the Guidance in Selassie I&I name. InI truely love this special peacful and spiritual place inside the danger of WWW!

There is one point InI abut upon from time to time in Iditation. It seems like a stop/step. Lovely family, InI would apretilove to hear the I's reasoning!

It is concerning the powerful Spirit of JAH the Almighty for whom there is no secret, nothing hidden, HIM knows everything that was and will ever be. So if InI take certain decisions now or are involved into any changes or change ourselves in order to trod towards the light of JAH; even if we take a wrong decision, which may have serious consequences, is it really InI who take this decision or ARE WE PERFORMER OF JAH MASTERPLAN just imagining we are interfering the way our Lifes are going...?

InI know JAH has shown his mercy and Love and Glory certain times in my Life and sometimes it seems as if a kind of action or reaction of me is anyhow deblocking hard times or are giving another gift free...

Blessed Love
Itinual praises
One Love & Respect

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/11/2009 12:00:20 PM

This is a reasoning I and I made on a similar topic that rose in one of I university lectures:

Omniscience and free will do not contradict themselves
Jah gives us the free will to make choices. Jah is omniscient; he knows what choices we will make before we make them.

Just because Jah knows the choices we will make does not mean that Jah does not give us the free will to make those choices.

These are too concepts that are simple to overstand; it is when we think about these two concepts too hard that we overlook the simplicity, and therefore find it difficult to comprehend.

It is not Jah’s knowledge of our actions that forces us to act. We act because we freely chose to; and Jah simply knows how we will act and what choices we will make.

If I and I decide on something Jah already knows this decision before I and I make it; likewise if I and I change I mind Jah already knows I and I will change I mind before I do so.

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 1/23/2009 4:16:27 PM

Thank you brother. That is truely quite simple. I see well what you mean and actually I wonder now why it was disturbin my mind like this. I agree and thank the I once again.

Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/24/2009 1:11:36 PM

IIESI,

Here is a reasoning I made before concerning this.

-----------------------------------------
Everything is the will of Jah, except for one thing, our mind. Jah has given us the power to choose, because this was the power man and woman wanted from the time of our days in the Garden of Eden.

So we have the choice to be with Jah, or work against Jah. RasTafarI is always there to guide us in the path of harmony if we choose to listen. But Jah has given us the choice to make our own path, whatever path it is.

So I see life as a combination of the consequences of the choices we make and the will of Jah.

Jah has the power and strength to intervene and cause things to happen. Jah can help those that want and ask for Jah help and Jah can stop those that need to be stopped.

But in general, Jah gives us our choice and the world reacts to these actions.

And I think that Jah granted us our desire of choice for a good reason. For now RasTafarI will see who will remain with Jah when given the choice and who will go away. And also, who will return to Jah again.

It is much better to have a son that stays with you, not because he has no other choice, but because this is what he wants. Then Jah will know who is truly One with Jah.

The world is full of actions and reactions. If you see fire and touch it, you will get burned. It is not that we are punished by Jah for touching the fire. It is that fire has a certain structure, and we have a certain structure. And when fire comes in contact with us, our flesh is damaged.

This is how I see the world as a whole. It has a certain structure, and we have to know how to harmonize with it, or we will recieve the reactions to our actions. For example, the reactions we receive as a result of our destruction of our environment.

I see Jah as the One who can show us how to get through and harmonize. To be our rudder so that the waves don't overtake us. Jah made creation to work and harmonize as One, just as he made our own bodies to work and harmonize as One. And in the same way that we can destroy our body if we don't use our parts for the benefit of our body, we can destroy some of creation and ourselves by not living as One with creation.

Free Will vs. Destiny

-----------------------------------------

If you click the link, there is more detail about the reasoning.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 1/24/2009 11:06:12 PM

great question,

We must look, first, to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in Him, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image.

And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community

base on this we choose, ether good or our own way, and our own way always lead to destruction,

arkI good reasoning

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 1/25/2009 9:22:05 AM

Ark I you say:

Everything is the will of Jah, except for one thing, our mind.

Our mind is absolutely the will of JAH, if not, we would not have it. We know that Jah created us after his own likeness. As Jah has all choices that exist we have choices in our life too.

It is about I&I to act wisely and take our decisions towards rightiousness.

But what is still wondering I is the way that things are coming over us some times. I&I just feel hard times are arrivin... inescapable.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 1/25/2009 9:26:17 AM

Ark I is correct. What Ark I means is that Jah has given us the power to make decisions and choose our path. If our mind was the will of Jah we would not be able to make our decisions, it would be Jah's will. But we know that we can make deisions, Jah has given us free will to choose in regards to our mind. Apart from our mind, everything is Jah will. But as Ark I said, Jah can intervene.

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 1/25/2009 12:10:34 PM

RASTAFARI LIVE
IS in response to feeling hard times. and them being inescapable as the IIESI said. It is Living and in Living change of Form comes same way every time. Times seem Hard sometimes because I&I has atatched to the way things we think should go. But JAH WILL is the way and it is in that resisistance does feelings of hard times come. If I&I just do JAH works and Live with Trust in H.I.M. things will flow.
There is no escaping the flow or change, It feels Rough sometimes. Think of the presure a piece of carbon goes through for thousands of years before a diamond form. or an Oyster through constant adgitation to create a pearl. these things do not sop and think "wow, life is hard I hope I can make it to Diamondhood". It just is that way, EBB and Flow. the Ebb makes way for the Flow. Look at those hard times not as hard or inexscapeable, but as an OPPORTUNITY. It is Lessons, The I may be asking JAH for patience, JAH does not just hand out patience, the I will have to LEARN Patience, probably through very intense situations. The hotter the Fyah the sweeter the victory. The Lesson can not be Learned without the works being done. If the I asks JAH to teach LOVE and Tollerance , JAH does not send warm fuzzy feelings, NO! It comes as an enimy that ONE must LEARN LOVE and TOLLERENCE. People want things such as Knowledge, Wisdom, and Overstanding. But the WORKS do not want to BE DONE. Resistannce occurs and I&I judge this as Hard and unjust, when in fact JAH gives us Our Daily Bread. It is OUR Free WILL to DO and RECOGNIZE It as such. Other wise LIFE WILL always seem to be a BURDEN. The only POWER is JAH. ALL ELSE IS ILLUSION, created in the mind by the mind for the mind. It is like an excuse we give JAH for not DOING JAH WILL. When Times seem HARD or Inexcapble as the I said, REALIZE what is the I trying to ESCAPE from. If the I is ONE than what is Left, the seperation oacurrs through the mind not through JAH.
SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 1/25/2009 1:18:58 PM

Right.
Jah has given us a free will - InI are takin billions of decisions day to day. Small ones which seem to have no meaning and bigger ones which I&I try to take more carefully because I&I know they will have consequences. InI are using our mind to argue for ourselves the pros and cons to find out which way to choose. For the small decisions, i.e. fruit tea or black tea, this happens in a part of a second, that fast, that we may not even realize our argumentation. Within a profound decision, I&I will think about it again and again and even pray to the father lo lead I to be sure that I&I'll go the right way. SO we use our mind. This mind brethren is surely the will of JAH.

InI know what you mean. That it can not be Jah will, that there are so many blinded fools who never even try to see the light of JAH and therefor can not follow Jah guidance. Those bomboclaats are destroying themselves and others, fighting wars, killing, and leading into darkness...

But I see the difference between them and RastafarI&I is simply the consciousness. While rastachildren know about there destiny to follow Jah as HIM has been callin each of the I's. InI are using our mind to get stronger and to follow Jah will and to learn from HIM.
But there are still those, who live there life only for themselves without any guidance, or follow false illusions in babylon.
Forgive them for they know not what they do...

Let Rasta rise.

Guidance
One Love
Respect & thanks so much for the sharing of your thoughts!

Messenger: IIESI Sent: 1/25/2009 1:31:30 PM

whahdahdah,
thanks for respond. I&I do not try to escape. As you say, the only power is JAH and I&I know well that all HIM brings to me is good. The hard times are even a must. How can we enjoy and feel good if we do not know the opposite...

Selassie I said:
Whatever the task may be, man may begin it but he cannot complete it, unless God sustains and supports him.

So let InI live in the flow and pray for support!

One Love

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I