Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3323&start_row=1

Israel's War in Gaza

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/30/2008 12:51:57 PM

Gazans: 'We are living a nightmare

Palestinian women and children flee an area hit by an Israeli air strike [GALLO/GETTY]

As the death toll from Israel's aerial bombardment of the Gaza Strip continues to climb, Al Jazeera asked Gazans to describe the situation where they are and to explain how the offensive is affecting them.
Majed Badra, 23, Gaza City, cartoonist and student at the Islamic University

"Unfortunately the situation is very bad in Gaza city - the Israeli occupation is striking more and more organisations, more houses and the mosque, and my university was hit last night.

They focus on the civilians. It is easy for them.

Nothing is working in Gaza and we don't do anything. We stay inside the house, my family and I. Every family in Gaza is doing the same.

We are used to hearing these airstrikes, everybody here is used to it and we don't have any way to protect ourselves. We just stay inside the home, hearing the news, hearing where the Israeli [army] strikes, hearing the F16s and Apaches and waiting to see what will happen.

We were not prepared for the war. They attack civilians and children and don't care if we are armed or not.

"The world looks at unarmed Palestinian people as though they are a nation with an army, as though we are equal to the Israelis ... but this is not true"

Majed, Gaza City
Yesterday, my sister's house was damaged in a strike on a target nearby. Every room was damaged except for the kitchen, where she and the children were. Allah kept them alive.

The world looks at unarmed Palestinian people as though they are a nation with an army, as though we are equal to the Israelis. They think we have real rockets that cause a lot of damage or have a big effect, but this is not true.

The reality is that we don't have anything and they have struck everything in Gaza.

I have exams coming soon in my university and I want to study but I can't in this situation. So they affect my future, the future of all students here.

Why does the Israeli army strike my university and mosques and houses? I don't know the answer. You have to ask them.

The coming days will be very bad. There will be more and more deaths."

Nida' Aniss Abu al-Atta, 26, Gaza City, projects officer

"At first, the Israeli opening raid was unexpected for normal people. We were totally shocked and for the first minutes we didn't realise it was new Israeli military aggression against Gaza.

Children thought there would be new clashes between Hamas and Fatah supporters. They were afraid and started crying and running to their mothers.

I and my family were so angry, believing that no one made enough effort to avoid this. Israel planned for this and we show readiness to resist despite being powerless compared to the Israeli arsenal.

I feel angry with the Palestinian internal scene. They were unable to show themselves unified even before this tragedy.

I hate the way Hamas leaders try to reflect our people's will by claiming that we can face this horrible military machine. Palestinian people are bleeding and shouting "enough". Even our president [Mahmoud Abbas] was powerless to the extent that it makes me sick and makes me lose faith in anybody.

I expected nothing from the international community, the Arab world and Muslims. It is not adequate anyhow; they just shout and burn flags.

At the same time, I would say that I really value the world reaction in Europe and in France in particular. I call on the Arab community to be more effective and to practice its responsibility and power against governments, like the Lebanese did before in Beirut.

We all, the Palestinian people and leaders, are responsible for this crime. We execute the Israeli plans without thinking who would be the only ones benefitting from our division.

My French teacher keeps saying: "Nida' you should not feel this normal, you have to keep saying it is horrible and feel angry. Don't get used to this."

Well, I feel normal. It is strange when there are no martyrs, no helicopters in the air or reconnaissance aircrafts in the Gaza sky."

Messenger: Ten Sent: 12/30/2008 1:32:02 PM

Eleazar1234
You've done it again, posting long scripts with no reasoning to show what relevance they might have. Not too long ago I asked the I why the I continues to post with no reasoning and the I said,
"I overstand your point about posting articles. I should take into consideration that not everyOne has time to read long articles. Perhaps I could summarize the main point of the articles that catch I Eye instead of posting the whole thing."

After this you've posted without saying what concerns you and I think the truth is you like posting stories just for the fun of it. Whatever you read that catches your fancy you just post willy nilly and you don't bring any reasoning forward. Personally I think it shows immaturity because you don't understand the point of posting or why you even post stories. Its just a habit when you go on CNN or whatever news-site that you think let me post what I read today. What have you to say on Israel's bombing? There is much to be said, I know bec I have I own view, but honestly why did you post this story. Its getting a little irritating to have to keep seeing your news articles jst put there for fun. I know its not I place to make rules on this site as that is Ark I's prerogative (no over-stepping of authority intended Aya), but there are some principles you must stick to Eleazar1234. It will help you with reasoning not only on this SighT/SiTe, but elsewhere too. Here are some simple Rules:
- If you've nothing to reason on a matter DON'T post it.
- If its not directly of interest to I n I DON'T post it - but this does not mean go and find every article on His Majesty and The Royal Empress.
- If you're too lazy to reason but vain enough to post then fire burn. There'll come a time when other Ites will also tire of your little habit and burn fire 'pon you - and we both know this has happened several times before.

I hope you've overstood I and I hope Ark I and Ras KebreAB as forum moderators over why I had to speak out against this behaviour.

In Righteousness & Reasoning, RasTafarI Is
Hail HIM

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/30/2008 3:10:24 PM

Ten,

Im sorry about posting the long article. I had forgotten about the previous reasoning where the I told I to stop posting such long articles. I should have also posted I opinion on the article as well to show the purpose of it. I posted the article to reason over the Israel/Hamas conflict. I think that what Israel is doing to Gaza is far overblown and is inciting even greater conflict in an already troubled region of the world. I think Israel should not kill innocent civilians like Israel is doing right now.

Does AnyOne think that Israel's actions are appropriate?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/30/2008 3:40:24 PM

Here is the breakdown of deaths and injuries between 2001 and 2007. The number in brackets is the number of victims under 18.

YearPalestinian DeadIsraeli DeadPalestinian InjuredIsraeli Injured
2001469 (82)191 (36)
20021032 (157)421 (47)
2003588 (119)185 (21)
2004828 (179)108 (8)
2005216 (52)48 (6)1260 (129) 484 (4)
2006678 (127)25 (2)3194 (470) 377 (7)
2007396 (43)13 (0)1843 (265) 322 (3)

So many died on the Palestinian side.

81% of people who were killed between 2001 and 2007 were Palestinians and 18% of their deaths were children under 18. So that leaves Israel with 19% of the dead and 12% of their deaths were children under 18.

Ark I
Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 1/8/2009 8:26:57 AM

Israel has been killing so many innocent people its sick

JAH HAVE MERCY

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 1/14/2009 10:39:59 AM

Death toll keeps climbing something like 1000 dead now

It really amazes I how much the media is biased towards Israel in the US. Every US media source I see always presents Israel as just defending itself, they don't mention the dead women and children in gaza.

Even the UN has condemned Israel, of course they have no respect for the UN like Mitar Tarabic prophesied.

O yeah looks like Bin laden is still alive, he just put out a new video. Nice job George W, is there anything this guy can't screw up?

JAH have mercy on Gaza

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/30/2014 4:51:07 PM

Once again Israel is causing mass fatalities in Gaza. What the I them think about Israel's latest Gaza intervention?

Legitimate counter-terrorism or simply an exercise in repression?

I read in the New York Times that "More than 1,100 Palestinians have been killed, the majority civilians, according to the Health Ministry in Gaza. At least 48 Israeli soldiers and three civilians on the Israeli side have been killed."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/31/2014 6:23:39 AM

When someone has the time, id appreciate a breakdown (from the beginning) of this whole situation. Ive never overs this thing fully.

Israel a kill palestine? To me InI black race was always Israel or so I was taught so none of this made sense. Now I grow wiser and sight the bible inna different light. ....

Is this the same jeWISH people who falsely claim lineage as Hebrews gone into Israel and fighting the natives?

I wonder what role the beta israelis have in this.

And if that is the shituation it coming like the Canaanite slaughter part two.

Who 'gave' these people Israel?

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/31/2014 8:41:27 AM

The beta israelis Ethiopians who live in the state of Israel must (by law) play the same role in this war wickedness like any other israeli man/wombman who must join the army and serve three years at age 18.

I also read the brits proposed to give land to jews in Africa just to show how generous they are by giving land that is NOT even theirs to their friends.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_a_Jewish_state

Fire Bun them.

Anyway the israelis and arabs are capable of living side by side in peace as they have done before.But the war business must go on for profit,hatred and control.And people in political authority who try to go for peace get assisanted quickly like Yitzhak Rabin fo example.

"Where did all begin?where will it end?
Total destruction the only solution.."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/31/2014 9:49:37 AM

I've heard some bad things from Dr Ben about the treatment of Beta Israelites in Israel by the European ruling elite of jeWish. Any more info on this?

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I