Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3290&start_row=21

BLACK RASTA. TRUE RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 12/15/2008 10:48:50 AM

Greetings!
It is I and I whom give thanks for the correction.
I and I cannot learn if I and I do not accept when I and I have made a mistake. Therefore I and I gratefully accept the correction, as I and I learn from this.
Blessed be!
Itinual Ises always unto Jah RasTafarI!

Messenger: rootz Sent: 12/17/2008 3:24:58 AM

please! the closest thing bob marley came to rastafari is singing about it! i love his music but seriously, that example?

i chanced to indulge myself in reading the comments posted in regards to the question i put forth. firstly, thank you all for throwing in your two cents...

what all rastas and wannabe's need to be aware of is that the rasta culture is not a racist movement. what it means in laymen's terms is that 'we' as true rastas should not be racist to the white man like how they were to us and we should not seek revenge. rasta don't do that. the belief of rasta, the way i see it, is that we as black people are not for the whole white man being superior so we are supposed to take a stand and say, hey! no man is above us because we are royalty! rastafari is a Black Power Movement! BLACK POWER! i don't know, maybe someone somewhere somehow couldn't decipher fact and said hei, i also want to be in this 'clique' or some claaty ting like that.

i have to admit, i do find it comical hearing bumboass tings like 'i may be white on the outside but im black on the inside'. only a foolish retard would say something like that. what, your own 'religion' not good enough for you??? tsk.

this is not a fashion statement, wearing the colors. this is not a trying-to-stand-out shit ting, carrying yourself like rasta. im not saying i won't share my king so hei, if you also want to refer H.I.M as your king then its not for me to go about reproaching dem 'mr me toos'. its ok because Jah knows the difference between His own people and the wolves. but one fact i want to bring about to all of you out there is:

RASTAFARI IS A BLACK POWER MOVEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 12/17/2008 6:32:52 AM

I and I am white and I and I am a RasTafarI. I and I call Iself a RasTafarI after the name of H.I.M Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI.

RasTafarI is a black power movemnt of liberation from the evil system of white supremacy. I and I am white, but I and I can see through the system of corruption also. I and I see through the system of white supremacy in which I and I race is priviliged while the black race is under-priviliged. Out of this white supremacist system of corruption the Africans were taken from their land and were sold into slavery, and scattered across the world. I and I acknowledge Africa as the origin of all roots and know that I and I originally came from Africa too, but I and I people left Africa long long ago, while the Africans were forceably removed. Repatriation is not for I and I, however it is for the Africans, who have every right to return to the country from which they were taken, and I and I will fight for this right along side I African bredrin and sistrin.
'Africa for Africans home and abroad' as Garvey said.

No matter what the colour of I and I skin I and I will fight for equal rights and jutice for all! Yes, RasTafarI is a black power movement for the liberation of black peoples from the system of white supremacy. However just because it is a black power movement does not mean that a white man cannot join the fight along side the Africans.
'The white man can liason with us' as Malcom X said.

I and I see the injustice of the system of today just as you see the injustice of the system. However the difference is you feel the injustice of the system, whereas becuase of I and I skin colour I and I am priviliged because of it. This I and I hate, and this I and I fight to destroy! As I and I said, I fight for equal rights and justice for all!
'We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil.' as H.I.M said.
I and I will fight along side the Africans!

One cannot be color blind, instead one has to show love for ones and ones of different colors.
I and I am white. I and I know I and I cannot ever lead or have a high place in this movement, as it is a black movement. However I and I am part of it, whether some like that or not, I am what I am, and I and I am a RasTa man.

One black love!
RasTafarI!
Ras I-Tom

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 12/17/2008 7:27:01 AM

ha ha ha ha LMAO. rootz is definitely a bonafide idiot. he/she will SHARE the King????!!!!! ROFLMAO.

Haile Selassie is now just the leader of some lickle ruff neck eedyat "movement" / crew trying to claim black power? Is that all? A movement? Like a political one? If one has to claim black power, it means they have already lost it. LMAO. Lost and can't find. Moron.

At least some of the white man them at LEAST TRY and carry themselves like RasTafari. These type of dumn fools (there is a BIG difference between an African and some laboratory baby black flesh made in the west to serve the west, straight up though) are quite satisfied to just live off the genetic inheritance alone. Talk about trustfundafarians... there are the melanin trustfundafarians out there. I think we might have one here.

My friend, just go one side and sit down.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 12/17/2008 12:06:00 PM

ROOT-less!

dissin BOB?

Who died and left you "most qualified to discern who is Rasta"?

Judge not, least you be judged!

-RSK

I am so done with this forum!

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 12/17/2008 12:25:41 PM

*still laughing.

This is almost as hilarious as the posting thread about the divine ights of magic mushrooms!!! *cracking me up.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 12/17/2008 2:00:05 PM

I tell you, Empress, some strange ones around here lately, and i see them getting bold now

RSK, dont blame the Forum, people like this will pass through now and then,, you cant give up everytime you meet up with ignorance

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 12/17/2008 6:36:31 PM

Greetings

InI try to overstand what is going on, but it seems that winter time in "north hemisphere" is not a right time for any activity :)

Yaa the I may think its a joke, but ... did the I ever try it? If the I is strong enough the I would be surprised. Mystical secrets are not for all.

Stay with JAH grace.

Blessed Love
Love RasTafarI

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/17/2008 9:40:24 PM

To Rootz,

"please! the closest thing bob marley came to rastafari is singing about it! i love his music but seriously, that example?"

How can you diss the King of Reggae like that? Bob Marley spread RasTafarI to the four corners of the globe. If it wasn't for Bob Marley, I never would of heard of RasTafarI. Bob Marley is blessed, look at how many children he had and how blessed his family is. Its true that the Marleys are not perfect, but at least they represent RasTafarI in this Babylon world that We are living in.

To Yaa Asantewa,

I do NOT consider taking magic mushrooms to be "holy". That is a load of bull####. I commented on a previous reasoning on magic mushrooms because I did shrooms in the past before I was trodding RasTafarI, I was leading a very different type of life. I do think that shrooms opens one up to the spiritual world though, and it is important to remember that not all spirits are good. I do not advocate anyOne taking shrooms because it can be very dangerous for people who cannot handle that intense of an experience.

JAH RASTAFARI DUPPY CONQUEROR

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/18/2008 12:04:19 AM

As I was reading the reasonings, Part of what I was going to say was expressed perfectly by Yaa Asantewa. I will reason more about some of the points.

Yaa Asantewa said,
---------------------------------------
InI are here remaining in African Majesty. I'm just saying that white man need not adopt anything, it is there for thee I within. If it came from without, then one must let go. Bring something from within. Know what I mean.

RasTafarI people are Jah SoulJahs who are fighting against Babylon in this Armageddion. This includes Black Liberation and Black Power but also includes many other things. Look at all the Judgement that comes forth unto Babylon when each of the Seals are loosed, RasTafarI people are the Ones that bring this Judgement of the Seals against Babylon. Each Seal Haile Selassie I loosed is being manifested by I and I. I and I are the Hola Nazarites that have separated I and I unto Jah RasTafarI, to perform the works that Selassie I guides I and I to do.

Nobody black or white or any colour can become RasTafarI. Certain Ones black, white and other colours have been appointed as RasTafarI from birth, and are prepared for the trod throughout their Life, and are at some point shown who they are and who their RasTafarI Idrens and I-Sistrens are.

I RasTafarI trod never showed I to hate I race and culture, it showed I to embrace who I am and search out I Roots and Learn about I past, to know who I am, and to bring forward the Good and remove the evil so that I don't repeat the foolishness I did in I present and previous Generations. All of I and I have Roots in Africa, but I and I Roots have spread and grown throughout the Earth and I and I should not forget about any part of I and I Root, because it is all significant and is who I and I are.

Yaa Asantewa showed the same thing beautifully.
--------------------------------
Likewise, a man from Tanzania who knows of his culture and loves his existence owing all to Most High will embrace all of his experiences and the things that make him such... and seek then to find, within his own culture those things which are root of Jesse... and represent them in RasTafari... this is Oneness. Then, a man from France who loves his land of birth, loves the essence of his spot on Earth, will embrace the peculiar and particular elements from his experience, find Israel within this (Israel is beginning, so is everywhere... basically... all the GOOD things that we know sometimes as 'human nature') and represent that in Rastafari.
--------------------------------

Ras I-Tom, the I said,
I and I acknowledge Africa as the origin of all roots and know that I and I originally came from Africa too, but I and I people left Africa long long ago, while the Africans were forceably removed. Repatriation is not for I and I, however it is for the Africans, who have every right to return to the country from which they were taken, and I and I will fight for this right along side I African bredrin and sistrin.
'Africa for Africans home and abroad' as Garvey said.

It is nice to see other white skin people that sight this. I spoke about this in a reasoning Question for white skinned people who want to live in Africa.. Many white rastas don't like when I tell them that, but I don't like it when they think they have a right over the land of the Africans when they don't. A day will come when people of all races will move freely throughout the earth, but in that time people will respect the family unto whom RasTafarI gave dominion over that part of the Earth, and none will attempt to kill, steal from or rule over another, but that time will not come for a while. Some white people in the past, today and in the near future are and will be welcome in the part of Africa they Live; those who are welcome are not the ones who think they have a right over the land, but are those who work to serve a useful purpose to the people of that Nation.

As I reasoned in the link above,

----------------------------------------------
RasTafarI people don't speak of Repatriation for Africans to Africa because they decided to pick Africa out of all the places of the world because Africa is some special place that people must go to.

RasTafarI people speak of Repatriation of Africans to Africa because Africa is the home of Africans. I and I are speaking for the Ones that were taken away from Africa and used as Slaves in the West. I and I are speaking of returning a people to the Home they were taken from.

The role of all RasTafarI people(of all colour) is to Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI. I and I are also the Ones sent to Chant and Rise in the Spiritual heights and perform the works of the seals opened by RasTafarI. I and I are also the Ones who speak and chant for Repatriation of Africans to Africa. I and I also speak and chant in support of all the downpressed in the world and speak and chant against all the downpressors. One example is that I and I don't speak about the First Nations(Indian) people being Repatriated to Africa. I and I speak and chant for the First Nations people to have the control of their land (North America) returned to them.
----------------------------------------------

In I trod, I have found very few people who are RasTafarI SoulJahs with strong Irits, and the few that I have come across are black people. There are some white people who show some Irits, but they don't have the strength I see in the RasTafarI SoulJahs and I don't know if they will stay with RasTafarI. There are many white rastas I have seen that don't seem to show any Irits, and some look more like hippies than RasTafarI. As I said, even among the black people I have come across, there are only a few with such strength, but at least there are some that roam in these parts (Toronto, Canada). When I speak to Idren around I they show I the same thing that there are only a handful, whether black or white, that are trodding in these Irits, and that they don't know another white person in this place that trods with the Ites that I do. One of I Idren who is from Jamaica showed I that he knows a few other RasTafarI with white skin in Jamaica who are trodding in the Ites. I know that there are others, but there are too many who say or think they are RasTafarI, but are not, because they are trying to become something they are not, rather than learning to be who they are.

I never ran away from Fire, I ran towards it to burn Iself into submission unto Jah RasTafarI, and that is the biggest factor that seems to be missing in those who say RasTafarI, but are not trodding as RasTafarI. How can Fire people run from Fire, Fire must be embraced until they become Fire. When an Idren of mine would rebuke I, I would not get vex or try to avoid it, I would humble Iself and accept the teaching and Learn to improve Iself, and more importantly I rebuke I own self when I deal with foolishness because I am aware of all I thoughts and works, so nothing is hidden unless I choose to ignore it. And from time to time if I ignore it, when I come to I senses I rubuke Iself for the foolishness and also for the foolishness of ignoring it.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I