Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3290&start_row=1

BLACK RASTA. TRUE RASTA

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rootz Sent: 12/11/2008 8:48:04 AM

fellow idren and sistren, i have been bothered by this question eversince i embraced rastafari: is there such a thing as a 'white rasta'?

the way i thought i saw it, rasta came about when the early rastas who were black people decided to take a stand against downpression from the shitstem! marcus garvey went about preaching about how black people abroad need to go from whence they came from, africa, etc and how they should not embrace the white shitstem ting... ok ok we all know about our past as rastas... rastafari has never been about religion because it is a culture. a black man's culture. don't get me wrong, rastafari is not a racist culture but at the same time it's not a white man's culture ie white man doesn't belong in the culture because of the reason why it came about in the first place! what, do you as a 'white rasta' expect to go to mount zion, ethiopia, away from the place where you and your ancestors were downpressed?? please..

unfortunately rastafari is slowly or quickly (depending on how you look at it) becoming a 'religion' because why? the white man wants to be in it, the indian man wants to be in it and the china man wants to be in it! it is slowly losing its essence because now the white man is trying to make like everyone can now be in it! like it's a club or something!!! personally, i feel that by a non black man being rasta, that is a silent mockery to the cause, to the culture. like this culture is just a shit culture and fuck! i also want to be in it! they put beeswax in their hair(bathroom locks) and go around saying 'i may be white on the outside but i'm black on the inside!' what bloodclaat ting is dat? a babylon mockery to the black skin! try as they may but they can NEVER BE BLACK! NEITHER ON THE OUTSIDE NOR ON THE INSIDE! eminem tried to be black and it failed and michael jackson tried to be white and that failed too.. i feel so strongly about this issue. in the devil man's world there is such a word as 'white rasta' but true rasta, who is black rasta, has to take a stand and say NO! THIS IS NOT A CLUB WHERE ANYONE AND EVERYONE CAN JOIN IT!!! a bloodclaat ting dis! and you find that in these desperate movies they have this dirty looking white guy in a dirty long beenie smoking weed wit a reggae song-usually three little birds by bob marley-playing in the background... that's how babylon portrays the supposed rastaman... comment?

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/11/2008 8:55:40 AM

is there such a thing as a 'white rasta'?

NO
there is only RASTAFARI. IS NOT A RACE THING. IT IS RASTAFARI.

nO THIS IS NOT A CLUB ...... i rather sit down and reason with European RastfarI than a rasist African, because all he's got is hate in his heart. If anyone embrasses and overs. Then there should be no hate.
I can't overs why people say it is 'only' black thing. It is Humanity, RastafarI is for all beings.
I don't see it as culture but a livity, where all the different nations of this earth come together as one.

No man no no more hatred talk, speach what ever that maybe.
RastafarI is Love, love is the first commandment.

holy holy Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 12/11/2008 9:45:30 AM

Is there some precept of the possibility of Babylon ever portraying RasTa as anything more than some negative charicature?

When RasTa starts looking to Babylon for the nod, I'm off.

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/11/2008 10:03:03 AM

Rasta is reality. It isn't about race - if You believe "race" it means that You take part ina rat race....

RasTafarI isn't club, true! But it's for every single human being that want to be better and gain wisdom from way of his/her Roots!

Blessed Love fi all peeple - Redda Fyah pon all downpressors

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 12/11/2008 10:33:51 AM

Yes Iyah... seriously though... I personally overs thee I question. It is an interesting one. Even a RasTa who is white will be able to sight that.

InI sight the divine church of black salvation. However, what this means to different people is between them and the Most High I. It is more useful to decipher and meditate what it means to thee I and to embrace the value of oneness, and to explore a self overstanding of Oneness through impartiality. This is on the road to redemption. To look at race and colour in prejudice is not only against HIM specific teaching, it pays credence and gives strength to a construct which is man made and has only served use to Rome. Any African person will dash a fyah on that straight.

I think that when Ones show too much attention to this type of illusion, it is more telling of the insecurities suffered by ones who find it difficult to embrace the glory of black flesh, and still somehow exist in the projected idea of downpression. If African people today felt as glorious of blackness as His Majesty does of His African-ness, they would find it much easier to reconcile this idea put forward for questionning today. It is pure love that makes African people the first people. It is anti-Christ (anti this love) to invert this, especially to do this in reflex response to the careless straying of the "sheep", like naughty children.

I think African people across the world have to stop watching people watching us. And start to live up and stand up... and DO what InI need to do. They must watch anyway, so is it not better to give them something to really look at?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 12/11/2008 11:58:09 AM

Rasta Mam Live Up

Bingi Man no give up

Keep your culture

Don't be afraid of the vulture

Grow your dreadlock

Don't be afraid of the wolf-pack

Saw it in the beginning, so shall it be in this iwa

And they fallen in confusion, well-a just a step from Babel Tower

-RSK

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 12/11/2008 12:38:12 PM

Peter Tosh African

Don't care where you come from
As long as you're a black man
You're an African
(CHORUS)
No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come from Clarendon
And if you come from Portland
And if you come from Westmoreland
You're an African

CHORUS
No mind your nationality
You've got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come Trinidad
And if you come from Nassau
And if you come from Cuba
You're an African

CHORUS
No mind your complexion
There is no rejection
You're an African

'Cause if your plexion
High(3x)
If your complexion low, low, low
And if your plexion in between
You're an African

CHORUS
No mind denomination
That is only segregation
You're an African

'Cause if you go to the Catholic
And if you go to the Methodist
And if you go to the Church of Gods
You're an African

CHORUS
No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come from Brixton
And if you come from Weesday
And if you come from Wingstead
And if you come from France
...Brooklyn
...Queens
...Manhattan
...Canada
...Miami
...Switzerland
...Germany
...Russia
...Taiwan
...North Pole
...South Pole
...I don't know where

here"

Messenger: Elijah Sent: 12/11/2008 1:15:43 PM

Hayah Rootz!

Thanks to Jah Almighty people with your way of thinking will not
make the judgment on the Judgment Day of who is worth to pass the Gates of Zion.

Day by day is more ambivalent for InI who is Rasta and who is not, InI want to give thanks to our Heavenly Father for all that Lovely people that InI met on the way.

InI said so many times, whoever wants to make the Zion only for black people is already failed. Do whatever, think whatever, keep Love in ya heart, don't trouble with divisions Jah will give ya Holy Visions.

I man is white skined, green eyed, Jah made InI such.
What InI can do about it?
I can't be a Rasta? so let it be.
I can't Love Jah? Yes I can!
I can't rich the Holy Mount Zion? I am getting there slowly day by day!

Those things are MYSTICAL!
So any foolish philosophy is just a foolish philosophy, InI don't care about it.

Stay in Peace and think through what you say again and again, before is to late.

Love is the Culture! Not Black, White, Yellow etc. thing.

Blessed Love
Love RasTafarI

Messenger: Arkon I Sent: 12/11/2008 1:16:31 PM

I just want to remind all of You that His Imperial Majesty told us that colour of a man skin should not be more significant that a colouur of his eyes... Isn't it the teaching that we should take in our hearts?

I am from Poland and I'm recognized by people as "white man". But I don't play "colour game". All people are equal and if You are telling that "black" men are better, or "white" men are better - for me it's nazism and racism... There was a man that tried to purge earth from all other people but germans... I think You know about who I'm talking about...

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 12/11/2008 7:05:44 PM

rasta is not black or white, no matter what people may try to imply,just as a jew is not one born of isreal, so a rasta is not of colour but of character. who dont fall in the traps of seperation of what ever kind, booboo, bingi,etc, black or white,african or european, and see all creatures of the most high or all rastas as brothers and children of the most high, then we will keep being the object of failing to fulfill the high mission design planed for ini by HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY. true when we look in these layman tearms then we attempt to turn it to religon, these will vanish away, and as i said many times with the truth of the word of BHIS MAJESTY and the bible

man is just a man, the question is wether he is good or evil

blessed love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I