Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3238&start_row=1

Ethiopian Origin and the Rastafarian Faith

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: alebarrios Sent: 11/16/2008 5:55:09 PM

Hi, Im studing the Rastafarian culture.. Im just a beginner ,and I have been reading about this awesome movement... if anyone wants to know what do i read to come up with this question, i can give you the information....anyway, this is my question

If the Rastafarian people claim that they culture was civilized and that Ethiopia must logically be part of the Garden of Eden, the cradle of mankind. They why were they conquer?? Why they permitted that centuries ago over 100 million Africans were kidnapped from their own native home and enslaved by European and Arab slave traders?
Why they permitted this brainwashing process, by believing that they were savages and uncivilized people?
Why it had to took years before they noticed that they are not an inferior race?

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/16/2008 8:35:43 PM

In the NAME of JAH FATHER SELASSIE I the SON SELASSIE I and the HOLY SPIRIT JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I.
STUDY? RASTAFARIAN? movement? Know what I read? HUH?
Idren,
OPEN the DOOR, GO INSIDE, SHUT the DOOR, SIT, be STILL Speak not and LISTEN, Wait on JAH Wait and Watch.
JAH RASTAFARI
wahdahdah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/17/2008 10:54:51 AM

OoH. Well then. I guess that's it. Everybody go HOME. It turns out none of we have an answer to this... simple... question. *Yawn. *Stretch.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/17/2008 4:01:58 PM

Blessings
First off its not RasTafarI who "claim", its fact. Check your history and you'll see. Now as for people being enslaved, again you need to read your history. How do spears fight against guns? How do you stop charging armies that catch you off guard and take your strongest sons and daughters? How do you stop your Chiefs from being fooled into giving away their people for bullets? Being in The Motherland doesn't stop you from being looted and colonized by those that are greedy. If they'll stop at nothing to gain control then how do you fight against them? I think direct your questions at the Babylonian perpertrators and ask THEM why they came to Africa and raped, pillaged and plundered the land. Even till today after 400 years of theft, their greedy hearts are still not content! But I n I see their ways and chant them down. JAH fire burn them eveyday and Babylon will fall, its only 400 years they've oppressing us but we've been free since time began and many milleniums thereafter and will remain free for the many milleniums to come through the powers of the Most High, King Selassie I.
Hail Him High,
RasTafarI

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/17/2008 4:27:06 PM

GREETINGS RASTAFARI
LOL, Yaa Asantewa I&I detect abit of sarcasm in the I's reply. Every Ras and Queen has the answer (within, not in a book). I&I was trying to just simplify it and Say we must go within our heart and seek Ye first JAH Kingdom. I&I intentions were not to bring about feelings of animosity. And Please *Yawn and *Stretch? Do not fall asleep , By ALL means STAY AWAKE. Do not take I words as LETTER of the LAW. Read through and see What I wrote. I&I feel there is no study of RastafarI only LIVITY. GO inside with SELASSIE I in thy heart, Shut the door on what the Heathens are Raging about and Seek the answer from the Most High. That is what I post means. It is Simple. If the I wants to complicate things that is up to the I. Babylon creates the confusion,that is fact. Not SELASSIE I. I&I do not need to add to it. Sarcasm and the Sort is Vainity of the Soul, FYAH BURN!
Being Still and Silent is I&I answer for the Idren at this time when it apears the mind is so full. As CHRIST said,"Be STILL and KNOW that I AM here. That is Iman's response, as there are individuals that create a nation so is there that many responses and answers. Speak Up and STAY AWAKE. Now is not the Time to SLEEP. Ya CYANT STUDY RASTA!
TEN Give Thanks for Word SOUND and Power.
One Love
wahdahdah

Messenger: alebarrios Sent: 11/17/2008 7:47:32 PM

Blessings

Ten said: (First off its not RasTafarI who "claim", its fact. Check your history and you'll see.)

Ok, i checked my history.. and its a fact.. then..

Ten said: (Now as for people being enslaved, again you need to read your history. How do spears fight against guns? How do you stop charging armies that catch you off guard and take your strongest sons and daughters? How do you stop your Chiefs from being fooled into giving away their people for bullets? Being in The Motherland doesn't stop you from being looted and colonized by those that are greedy.))

my question is.. if it is a fact, that the Ethiopians were civilized.then why they had only spears to fight against guns? does it means that they did not have a strong civilization?? im only asking.. im not trying to offend anyone...im just curious

Ten said: (( I think direct your questions at the Babylonian perpetrators and ask THEM why they came to Africa and raped, pillaged and plundered the land. Even till today after 400 years of theft, their greedy hearts are still not content!))

I think i already know why the perpetrators came to Africa, they wanted slaves, territory, women,etc. for free.. I do believe that it was a horrible thing to do, and by no means should be justified.

Wahdahdah. thank you for your answer, I can tell that you are a real RastafarI, Its very refreshing to find someone who is a true believer... I understand what you said.. that i have to feel the Holy Spirit Jah, i just wanted to be informed on the rastafarian culture

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/17/2008 8:30:33 PM

alebarrios
It depends on what your defnition of civilization is; its relative and depends on the perspective where you stand. The word basically means a way of life and culture of a specific group of people - what developments they made in their society on a political, social or scientific level. If you want to start bringing in Western meanings civiliziation and civilized peoples then you're taking on a blind Western view that compares Ethiopian civilization to European forms. Based on dominant European discourse history has constructed Westerners to be civilized, educated and superior as opposed to the Ethiopian whose way of life they did not understand therefore deemed Africans to be inferior, savage and uncivilised.

Civilization on whose terms and in whose world means very different things.
Here is JAH's response to a question asked by the Editor of The Voice of Ethiopia (April 5 1948). It clarifies things:

Question:There are people everywhere who hold that civilization has done more harm than good to humanity. These people argue that even though the so-called modern progress has brought some physical comfort, it has done incalculable harm to and greatly weakened the spiritual values regarded so highly in former times. What they call spiritual values are those things which are usually associated with religion. In other words the great progress made in the field of science has contributed to the weakening of the influence of religion and has deprived man of that inner calm that he so much needs for his spiritual well-being. What is Your Majesty's opinion on this matter?

Answer: One cannot deny that in former times man's life had been one of toil and hardship. It is correct to say, therefore, that modern civilization and the progress of science have greatly improved man's life and have brought comfort and ease in their trail. But civilization can serve man both for good as well as for evil purposes. Experience shows that it has invariably brought great dividends to those who use it for good purposes while it has always brought incalculable harm and damnation to those who use it for evil purposes. To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, therefore, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul. All human inventions, from the most primitive tool to the modern atom, can help man greatly in his peaceful endeavours. But if they are put to evil purposes they have the capacity to wipe out the human race from the surface of the earth. It is only when the human mind is guided by religion and morality that man can acquire the necessary vision to put all his ingenuous inventions and contrivances to really useful and beneficial purposes. The progress of science can be said to be harmful to religion only in so far as it is used for evil aims and not because it claims a priority over religion in its revelation to man. It is important that spiritual advancement must keep pace with material advancement. When this comes to be realized man's journey toward higher and more lasting values will show more marked progress while the evil in him recedes into the background. Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to acquire that absolute inner calm so necessary to our well-being.

It is only when a people strike an even balance between scientific progress and spiritual and moral advancement that it can be said to possess a wholly perfect and complete personality and not a lopsided one. The type of progress we have chalked out for Ethiopia is based on these fundamental principles.

Blessed Love
Jah Live

Messenger: alebarrios Sent: 11/17/2008 8:45:59 PM

Thank you Ten... that really clarifies things ..

I can now understand the Rastafarian perspective of the issue..

one last question.. when you said "Here is JAH's response"
are you referring to Selassie I ?

thank you again

Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/17/2008 9:11:51 PM

Lol! Of course who else cld I mean but JAH HIMSelf, Haile Selassie I.

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/17/2008 9:44:03 PM

JAH RASTAFARI IS
Greetings Alebarrios, Give Thanks and Praises to the Most High.
It is not in believing that I&I RastafarI it is Grace and The Most High that I&I Realize the Reality of JAH RASTAFARI. SEEN? I&I am Real because SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI IS REAL. Iman am an instrument of H.I.M. here to do HIS WORKS. It is not Iman's work but RASTAFARI Works. I&I Give it All to JAH RASTAFARI.
I Overstand about wanting to know Culture Of, Keep in Mind we are of ONE culture But live in many different places. I&I live in the Most Northern part of Amerika at present and Some live in Africa, China, Asia, Russia, Jamaica, So on and SO forth, so everyone has I&I culture and bring to this House I&I experiences of where we come from. SEEN. To Know JAH RASTAFARI is to Know thyself and One must go within the depths of thy Soul to listen and REALIZE who we are. I&I do not Believe I&I KNOW. To believe is to have someone tell something and then say OK that is what I believe. Iman want to KNOW things for SURE. Not because someone told I so. Facts are Facts and the Reality is we must ALL live as ONE in the PRESENCE of the MOST HIGH.SEEN?
The factual information that the I has asked for will come. The questions the I asked are questions that will be answered in JAH TIME. TEN is a very intelegent Soul as Many of the Bredren and SISTREN Here. KEEP in Mind that the WICKEDNESS of Men Can only be explained as that PURE selfish Wickedness. So when the I ask why did these things Happen it is like asking I&I why are People WICKED. It is in their nature. THERE must be an AWAKENING and a RISING of JAH SPIRIT. If Not they shall BURN like Nice Big DRY WOOD for THE FYAH.
There is a Grace JAH gives that can be found everyday in every hour, every moment, (and Now we have NANO seconds thanks to science.LOL) if We Give Our Lives To H.I.M.
JAH is within SELASSIE I who Is Within JAH within I&I RASTAFARI. CHRIST the WORD in DEFINITION Means TRUTH.SEEN
There is no Seperation, so when the I ask if Ten is Saying JAH or SELASSIE I there is no SEPERATION. JAH is A LIVING GOD. The word made flesh. FATHER/Mother Son/Daughter HOLA SPIRIT. YES I
JAH LIVE ALWAYS EVERYWHERE. If There is no Life than what is there. Death? their must be Life if the I see Death. SEEN? We say Death because we no longer see here or able to touch when the flesh burns away. Does not the physical body even decompose into base elements, minerals, chemicals, water, etc... then what. does it go away or does it not regenerate back into the atmosphere and become matter once again. JAH NO DEAD JAH LIVES always Has Always WILL. LOL, YES I
Life is JOY One Love Peace and Love.
BLESSINGS TEN For explaining things clearly. Truelly Intelegent SOUL.
wahdahdah

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I