Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3228&start_row=1

Any Color President

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/14/2008 2:35:06 PM

The president presides over the goings on in the federal govt, right?

What exactly in plain words does that specifically mean?

Perhaps if we were to reason from this standpoint, all of the many issues and viewpoints would be clearer.

-RSK

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/14/2008 5:39:55 PM

watch the swering in and u will hear what his job is

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/16/2008 11:45:51 PM

hear no evil, speak no evil, and SEE no evil

InI won't be watching

-RSK

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 11/17/2008 11:12:06 PM

The duties of the president are in Article Sections 2-4 of the US constitution if you want to check it out. I know you know it is the US constitution, but every state has a constitution too. Basically the president is in charge of the executive branch of the federal government. The executive branch executes the laws, not like execute to kill something, but execute meaning to make things happen. The FBI and DEA are like law enforcement stuff and they are executive parts of the government. The president also has a lot of control over the judicial branch because he decides who can be put on the Supreme Court and he has power in the legislative branch because he can throw out any laws from the Congress, but congress can pass the law if they vote on it again and get a 66% majority, I think its 66%. So basically what you said was the way to say it in plain words.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 11/18/2008 7:19:10 AM

In the words of that guy in the movie trading places, I think that the brief of the president is to "sell, sell, sell!!!"

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/18/2008 12:46:45 PM

The original question was rhetorical in nature. I was suggesting that if we were to only focus on the position of the elected and the current issues without reference to race, the experience might prove to be more productive.

-RSK

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I