Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3206&start_row=11

WHAT IS BABYLON

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/13/2008 10:19:08 AM

Ras Power it doesn't make any sence to I, the relation of what is going on now this time and Romans 13.
This is i overstanding.
when it says governments it doesn't mean ANY government, but the government apointed by the Almighty.
As far as I know that government is the government of His Emperial Majesty Emperor Haile I selassie I of Ethiopia. None before and none after.
There is no way that the usa government is apointed by The Almighty Jah RastafarI.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good.

FOR HE IS THE MINISTER FO GOD TO THEE OF GOOD.

The government is must proclaim the law of the most High nothing else, and i don't see that happen.
if you conitnue to Romans 13 where the i stoped it reads:

8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The 10 commandments.

I will try and post more.
RastafarI

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/13/2008 9:32:33 PM

haHaha, rasta all governments are put in place by jah, to fulfill his perpose,

5I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

6And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him.

7And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him.

8And it shall come to pass, that the nation and kingdom which will not serve the same Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, and that will not put their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, that nation will I punish, saith the LORD, with the sword, and with the famine, and with the pestilence, until I have consumed them by his hand.

9Therefore hearken not ye to your prophets, nor to your diviners, nor to your dreamers, nor to your enchanters, nor to your sorcerers, which speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon:

10For they prophesy a lie unto you, to remove you far from your land; and that I should drive you out, and ye should perish.

11But the nations that bring their neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him, those will I let remain still in their own land, saith the LORD; and they shall till it, and dwell therein.

12I spake also to Zedekiah king of Judah according to all these words, saying, Bring your necks under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him and his people, and live.

13Why will ye die, thou and thy people, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, as the LORD hath spoken against the nation that will not serve the king of Babylon?

14Therefore hearken not unto the words of the prophets that speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon: for they prophesy a lie unto you.

15For I have not sent them, saith the LORD, yet they prophesy a lie in my name; that I might drive you out, and that ye might perish, ye, and the prophets that prophesy unto you.

16Also I spake to the priests and to all this people, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Hearken not to the words of your prophets that prophesy unto you, saying, Behold, the vessels of the LORD's house shall now shortly be brought again from Babylon: for they prophesy a lie unto you.

17Hearken not unto them; serve the king of Babylon, and live: wherefore should this city be laid waste?

18But if they be prophets, and if the word of the LORD be with them, let them now make intercession to the LORD of hosts, that the vessels which are left in the house of the LORD, and in the house of the king of Judah, and at Jerusalem, go not to Babylon.
(jere 27), we read of cyrus

That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.
Isaiah 44:27-28 (in Context) Isaiah 44 (Whole Chapter)
Isaiah 45:1
Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

i never say bow to babylon, for from that, all i said is jah put people in power and remove them,

and when the people who did not oppose them they were killed. and that was what they were to do

11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (rev 12)

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted,

exactly, we support when the policies are right and oppose when its not, not neutral, which means you take no sides, but non-align

render to caesar what is caesar and to god the things of god, simple means, seperate church and state, the two horns of the lamb, as america did

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon(rev 13)

and if we live according to his majesty's word, ini will have no problem. ini never to say just follow, "fall-low) then u will fall where they fall but take example.

to me it is symbolic, the white house slaves built, one who has direct roots for africa is now there in.

his majesty teach ini jah has all power,

u all speak as some friends of mine as if there is some one behind a curtain pulling strings.

my faith is at the end all is for the rightious

blessed

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/13/2008 9:36:53 PM

as i said

babylon is not governments, its false religon, church and state unite

1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

the catholich church boast to be the first church, most of the others came from her. her daughters

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/13/2008 9:53:18 PM

Technicalities Ras Power. You didn't say bow to babylon, but you think we should serve or be subject to babylon. So I will be more specific, I will neither bow to nor serve nor be subject to babylon. And if you put another layer of technicality where you think that the US world government is not babylon. Then when you see I write babylon, replace the word with the US world government, because it means the same thing when I say either. Rome and the vatican will have their season again after the US completely establishes their world government and after their season is done.

The scripture you showed about babylon was from a time before, when babylon was given a time so that other nations would serve them.

But if you look at Revelation, which speaks of babylon reign in this time. It is true that they have been given a time to perform their wickedness and many like you will serve them. But Revelation neither tells I and I to bow or serve babylon, but tells I and I to separate ourselves from it. And Revelation also show I and I that those who serve babylon will fall into the same burning pit that babylon will fall into.

This is a different season, so don't try to convince people to walk as if it is the old season of babylon. If you want to serve babylon, then go ahead, but I and I never will.

Selassie I has come and I and I only serve Selassie I.

Fire Burn babylon.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/13/2008 10:05:25 PM

It is funny that you think somebody is pulling our strings and are blind to the strings that are pulling you and so many more in the world like you who bow and serve babylon.

Continue to glorify the US while they have their season. By the time the next beast will come again to rule, you will probably forget about your current views about the vatican beast to come, because the current beast will prepare the way for the next one, so that its followers also follow the beast that was, and is not, and is to come.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 11/14/2008 8:51:25 AM

What i can overs from your post is that every government is on the earth for a perpouse, true, and all is done by the hand of Jah. True again, it seems like you are saying all mankind is made by Jah, which no one can argue.
But I wrote that not all government are ANOINTED by Jah to lead the people according to His will. I see here a big difference.
Everyman kind is made by Jah, but the wicked is there too.
The reason RastafarI is aware of USA and her wickedness is because it is written in the book of revelation, not just only because it is written there in, but also i and i know and see the wickednss and the truth.
Don't you see it too?

Sure everything happening is of the will of Jah, but the once who have ear let them hear and the ones who have eyes let them see.
Satan never sleeps,
SATAN STAND BEHIND I.
For overstanding::
Musollini was also a government who made war against I ANOINTED king.
It is really a matter of choise. One cannot follow both. It is ONE or the other.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 11/14/2008 11:26:18 AM

Iraq's damaged Babylon hopes for revival

By Andrew North
BBC News, Babylon, Iraq

Babylon entrance gate, Iraq
A replica of the Ishtar Gate dominates the entrance to Babylon's ruins

Beneath a patch of stony, desert ground on the River Euphrates, surrounded by date palms, many of the secrets of the cradle of civilisation are still waiting to be uncovered.

But the site of ancient Babylon in Iraq - with its legendary hanging gardens and the Tower of Babel reaching to the sky - has suffered under Saddam Hussein's rule and years of conflict.

Parts have been looted, altered or built on, and some of the historic soil has even used by US coalition soldiers to fill sandbags.

Iraq's former ruler left the biggest mark, recreating his own version of Babylon on top of some of the original ruins, parts of which date back more than 4,000 years.

Today, the site, 85km (55 miles) south of Baghdad, itself is peaceful, almost forgotten, with only a few sleepy guards and the manager there to greet us when we arrive.

But getting there from Baghdad means passing through one of the most dangerous parts of Iraq - the mixed Sunni and Shia area south of the capital which has seen so much violence that it has become known as the Triangle of Death.

It is a bit quieter now, with Iraqi army and police checkpoints every mile in places.

But we are watchful the whole way down and driving fast.

'Substantial damage'

In the UK, an exhibition just opened at the British Museum in London on Babylon and the myths that surround it.

Many experts question, for example, whether the hanging gardens really existed.

But the exhibition has put the city's story back in the limelight.

The museum has also focused attention on what it says is "substantial damage" caused by US and Polish troops who had a base here until 2005.

Maythem Shadid
We have many important historical sites here, but still only a quarter of the area has been excavated
Maythem Shahid
In pictures: Ancient Babylon
Audio Slideshow: 'Babylon' - myth and reality

One patch of flat ground we saw had been concreted over to serve as a helicopter landing pad.

A fuel store was carved out of the soil nearby - disturbing key evidence of the past before it could be explored, archaeologists complain.

The Americans say their presence helped to deter looters.

But manager Maythem Shahid, working with the UN's heritage organisation Unesco, says he is pressing for compensation.

What you first see when you arrive is a large replica of the city's Ishtar Gate, commissioned by Saddam Hussein.

Beyond are a series of courtyards and arches, surrounded by high walls and ramparts - his version of the palace of King Nebuchadnezzar II, who ruled Babylon in the 6th century BC.

It is built along the outline of the original ruins, and at the base you can still see some of the old bricks.

But Saddam Hussein went further, inscribing his name on many of the bricks.

"This was built by Saddam Hussein, son of Nebuchadnezzar, to glorify Iraq," they read.

But he did also protect some parts of the site, such as the main avenue known as the Procession Street.

Rebellion

I first visited Babylon while Saddam Hussein was still in power, in 2000.

At the time, there was a huge portrait of him and Nebuchadnezzar at the entrance to the ruins.

That has gone now, but the huge palace Saddam Hussein had constructed on another part of the ruins still looks down on the site.

Map of Iraq

"Don't photograph that building," the minder with me at the time instructed, without saying what it was. He was terrified even to look at it.

Eventually, when we were alone, he whispered that he did not agree with what had been done here - a fleeting moment of rebellion against his then ruler's megalomania.

Today, site manager Mr Shahid can be more open, condemning the desecration.

The main ruins you can see now are of Nebuchadnezzar's northern palace, some 2,600 years old, and parts of the old city walls.

Saddam Hussein had a statue of a lion killing a man, which was found there, set up on a plinth nearby.

It was Nebuchadnezzar who is supposed to have built the hanging gardens for his wife. The story goes that she was from the mountains, but living in this desert city, she missed the sight of greenery.

Procession street in Babylon, Iraq
Saddam Hussein's new palace walls line what remains of Procession Street

Perhaps the real story is still there underground.

Mr Shahid hopes that one day, proper archaeological exploration will resume.

"We have many important historical sites here," he says, "but still only a quarter of the area has been excavated."

Its importance, and that of the many other ancient sites in Iraq, cannot be overestimated.

Long before there were any towns or cities in Europe, Babylon was thriving.

Modern civilisation as we know it now - built around organised, planned cities - first emerged in what is now Iraq.

Before that, humans had only lived as nomads.

Mr Shahid says he hopes Babylon can regain its World Heritage status - removed because of Saddam Hussein's alterations - and eventually re-open to visitors.

But at the moment, the shutters on the old souvenir shop I remember from 2000 are still down.

Astaroth was also the Babylonian Goddess, Ishtar. Babylonian scriptures called her the "Light of the World," "Goddess of Goddesses," and "Bestower of Strength."
The "Ishtar Gate," built approximately 575 BCE was the main entrance into Babylon.

It was the eighth of one of eight gates of the inner city. King Nebuchadnezzar II of Babylon dedicated the Gate to Ishtar. It was one of the most impressive monuments in the ancient Near East. The Ishtar Gate was decorated with dragons, bulls and lions.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/14/2008 6:51:56 PM

ark, man what are u saying, u know nothing about me and u say i will bow to babylon, lol, but u dont go against the system, u are in it even more than i am, probbly the only thing u do against their wishes is smoke weed

when i read revelation it said america will cause all to worship the first beast,

aqmerica never ask to be worship

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

and we can see that in the conservative movement.

the bible refers to fire when it speaks of jah. false fire= false religon, as this consertive protestant represents.

did u see that the wound would heal and the world would wonder after the beast?

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 11/14/2008 6:57:22 PM

read cearfully, i never said some one is pulling your string.

i said you all speak as if someone is behind a curtain pulling strings, to create problem and solutions.

no one knows the future. if hitler knew he would have a war and died because of it u think he would.

his majesty said once we make a move forces take it out of our control.

all power is selassie i

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 11/15/2008 10:01:15 AM

Greetings in the name of H.I.M Haile I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!
Haile salute to I Idren and I sistren on this blessed sabbath day!

I and I does not even have to read revelation to sight that the U.S government is part of Babylon. I and I just simply observe and the Irit of Jah show I and I!
I and I observe the U.S government and I and I see through the sheep's clothing, and I and I see the wolf. The U.S government is CORRUPTION.

When I and I sight the U.S government I and I see the most powerful government of the world. A government that is poisoning it's people both physically and spiritually. A government that lies to it's people, a government that kills it's people, a government that presents solutions which cause more harm, all for damages inflicted by the same government in the first place. A government all run by the same people with a man up front with a smile on his face promising change.

Selassie I tell I and I it is all illusions, it is just up to I and I to trust in the Irit and see through the illusions!

When I and I sight the roman catholic church and the vatican I and I see the most powerful and wealthy church. A church that is deceiving it's members, a church with a greed for power and wealth. A church which claims to be the original church. A church with a man at the head.

People come to power through Jah; the good and the evil are both used by Jah for his purpose.

Babylon is church and state.
The government is part of the state; the government rules the state.
The pope is part of the church, he is the head of the church and the vatican.

The president, the government, the state; all is part of Babylon.
The pope, the church, the vatican; all is part of Babylon.

Rev 13:
12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

The first beast will be worshipped. This same first beast had a deadly wound inflicted, which is now healed.
What involves worship? A religion. The Roman Catholic Church has healed from the wound that was inflicted. This wound can be the Napoleonic rule of Rome. During the rule of Napoleon Rome's fortune was diminished and the churches estates were confiscated .
This wound is now healed; as the vatican has regained it's power and wealth.

Then we saw the visit of the pope to america; and the front man of the government which rules the state (George W. Bush) welcomed the head of the roman catholic church (pope Benedict XVI).
All is part of Babylon.
The Babylon System is unfolding right before our eyes.

I and I nah bow down to the babylon system! I and I chant down babylon and burn the wickedness with the fire that Jah light in I and I heart! I and I say More hotta fiyah!

I and I nah fall into the trickery and politricks of the government established by Babylon.

I and I separate Iself from the corruption of Babylon. I and I look to the government established by H.I.M Haile Selassie I Jah RasTafarI! A government established with the foundation of the teachings of Christ.

Selassie I establish the government and show I and I the right path. Selassie I show I and I that the governments of the Babylon system is illusions.

Burn down Babylon!

As for I and I and I, children of the Most High AdonaI:
Iternal love!
Iternal blessings and guidance through Jah Almighty!
Itinual flow of positive Irations into the hearts of I and I and I, RasTafarI!
Itinual praises unto the King Haile I Selassie I Jah RasTafarI!

Ras I-Tom

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I