Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3201&start_row=1

The Dream of Solomon and Zion in His Majesty

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/27/2008 7:06:44 AM

According to the Kebra Negast; Upon the night which King Solomon knew Queen Makeda, he had a powerful dream which is extremely prophetic. I felt that the meaning of this dream speaks directly to the issue of why I wouldn't call mySelf an Israelite, spiritually, and also to the issue of why Zion is not in the land of Canaan. Here's the excerpt, and if One's want more context, it starts at chapter 30 "How Solomon swore to the Queen":

And after he slept there appeared unto King SOLOMON [in a dream] a brilliant sun, and it came down from heaven and shed exceedingly great splendour over ISRAEL. And when it had tarried there for a time it suddenly withdrew itself, and it flew away to the country of ETHIOPIA, and it shone there with exceedingly great brightness for ever, for it willed to dwell there. And [the King said], "I waited [to see] if it would come back to ISRAEL, but it did not return. And again while I waited a light rose up in the heavens, and a Sun came down from them in the country of JUDAH, and it sent forth light which was very much stronger than before." And1 ISRAEL, because of the flame of that Sun entreated that Sun evilly and would not walk in the light thereof. And that Sun paid no heed to ISRAEL, and the ISRAELITES hated Him, and it became impossible that peace should exist between them and the Sun. And they lifted up their hands against Him with staves and knives, and they wished to extinguish that Sun. And they cast darkness upon the whole world with earthquake and thick darkness, and they imagined that that Sun would never more rise upon them. And they destroyed His light and cast themselves upon Him and they set a guard over His tomb wherein they had cast Him. And He came forth where they did not look for Him, and illumined the whole world, more especially the First Sea and the Last Sea, ETHIOPIA and RÔM. And He paid no heed whatsoever to ISRAEL, and He ascended His former throne.

I think it would also be good to note that the word Zion had come to mean many different things to different people. If I recall correctly, the first biblical reference to the word Zion is in 2Samuel and it refers to David's kingdom of Jeruselam as Zion. So originally Zion would in fact be a city. That was however the city which contained the Ark and the Tabot therein. As we know, the Ark has been moved. So if One's looked at the word Zion in geographical context then they might say Aksum is Zion, and it is surely called Aksum Zion by Ethiopians today.

One may not look at Zion as a geographical locale, for it may be seen that the Ark is a symbol of the human body, and the law of God inside is a symbol of the union of God and man, which has manifested in both Israel as Christ and Ethiopia as His Majesty. Just a thought...

But anyways, the light that shone upon Israel, according to Solomon would go away to Ethoipia. That is the departure of Zion. The sun returned even more brightly in the time of Christ, but Israelites drove Him out. So Christ returned in Ethiopia as His Majesty Haile Selassie, to ascend His former throne, forIver. Now this is just my interpretation of the dream of Solomon.

SELAM

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/27/2008 9:35:42 AM

I went to Mount Zion yesterday, spliffically.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 10/27/2008 12:39:08 PM

oh yeah. the christ returning thing. uh huh. I guess.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/27/2008 3:50:31 PM

Yaa, did the I mean to be condescending?

Maybe I'm wrong, seems that way though...

SELAM

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/27/2008 4:18:27 PM

SunofMan you say in "a geographical context" Zion is in Aksum, but isnt Zion in Israel/Assyria according to maps?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/27/2008 4:55:48 PM

Well, no, Zion is in Illinois,US.

lol. just playing......but its true

Sis Ten, the idren is saying that if you take Zion to mean the geographical place where the Ark rests,then that place is Axum Lalibela.

"I felt that the meaning of this dream speaks directly to the issue..of why Zion is not in the land of Canaan"
I guess by this you mean that Zion is not in the land of Canaan, but IT WAS in the land of Canaan at first and then came to Ethiopia. Any reasoning that claims that i will disagree with.

So i suppose it comes down to what is meant by Zion. Some take it for the Ark, some will take it for Mary, some for the city of David. I take it for the Holiest of Holies, the place where it was said "I have set my King upon my Holy Hill if Zion"
I take it for the land of creation.
Thats why i will disagree with any reasoning that claims that the Land of Creation got its holiness from somewhere else. It Nah go so

As i see it

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 10/27/2008 9:25:26 PM

good point ras kebra, i support

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 10/28/2008 5:50:43 AM

No my brother, not condescending... its just that what thee I said is quite rhetorical. There are things I have discovered not worth debating. I for one do not sight Majesty as the return of Christ. Know what I mean, but I feel what thee I is portraying, so I'm like, well... no point in arguing it... it's like... ok, I guess.

Know what I mean.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/28/2008 7:09:52 AM

Fair enough Yaa, give thanks; and to touch briefly on the matter, to say that His Majesty is Christ returned is a simplified statement. What the dream of Solomon is showing us is that the light of God is touching Earth at two different locations at two different times. How exactly that light manifested itself in the time of Christ I cannot say, for it is all related to I in story, perfect Righteousness is there though. My purpose was to simply give an interpretation of the dream, so we could give it some context.

Now as for geographical locations, as stated, Zion could have been in Jeruselam, Illinois, Assyria, Aksum, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Ras KebreAb, please know that by no means am I trying to say that the land of Canaan is the first origination of Godly favor, and how could anyOne think that, although I know they do, when Canaan is clearly not the land of human origination. The first occurrence of the word "Zion" is in Samuel, however there is a much earlier occurrence of the word "Tsion" which has the same meaning. Tsion is the blue Nile, and it also means Zion. The garden of Eden was on the side of Tsion/Zion. As mankind originated in Ethiopia, and then migrated up the Nile to establish Kemet and later Isis-Ra-El, those originals where the Ones to give Israel even the word Zion. However, they gave Israel the law that is Zion as well. Kemet/Egypt was founded upon a system of divine order and balance known as Ma'at, Ma'at is known to have 42 precepts, 10 of which can be found on the Tabots written by Moses. I do not believe that the Kemetians created their law with no inspiration though, and I hold that much of what the Kemetians held as fundamental, especially morals in law that derive from common sense, were handed down to them by their forefathers. The Kemetian forefathers are the Ethiopians, or rather those who came from Tsion/Zion.

There is a reason why we are directed from Ethiopia to Israel and to Ethiopia again.

more later...

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/28/2008 11:00:26 AM

Yes I, i know what you mean idren,sunofman.

My post was,in a way, a way to show why ini chant Black Supremacy with no apology.
If you ask a muslim, a buddhist,a christian,a sikh, etc, they will claim their own place as the Holiest place.
Black Supremacy cut and clear through all that and shows the Truth.
It is not by accident why babylon keeps Africa in so much sufferation and poverty, it is so the world wont see the truth of Black Supremacy, so the world wont be able to see that a Black King is the Rightful Ruler of the Earth.

Anyway, just wanted to say my post was not a disagreement with the i.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I