Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3144&start_row=1

KING SOLOMON

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/4/2008 4:39:00 PM

GREETINGS TO ALL JAH RASTAFARI
I&I have heard these two story for over 25 years in iman life that GANJA HERB was found on SOLOMON'S Resting place and also HE had a dream that the whole earth was covered with the healing of the nations. I&I was wondering where the I might read these words? perhaps i have missed it in some interpretation? Does the Bredren or Sistren know of the book please let the I know. Before I man give out this information to another I&I truelly would like to read it for iself. Joseph Culture Hill has sung about it also. Same as other RAS musicians. but what book is this info written. GIVE THANKS...
JAH BLESS and may the BAZIN" FIRE of JAH children continue to Shine on in these darkened times. JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE CONQUERING LION PREVAILS. wahdahdah

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/4/2008 9:31:14 PM

Greetings in the name of JAH RASTAFARI
Iman Spelling is not always carefully read until I read a few times. I wanted to give Notice and fix the mispelling of BLAZIN' FIRE and Iman leave Out the I in SELASSIE I, I&I did not wish to be disprespectful to H.I.M. name or I&I Bredren and Sistren. Much respect to All who Reason in this House of JAH RASTAFARI. I will make an effort to check the I's spelling before sending. ONE LOVE wahdahdah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/4/2008 10:04:55 PM

i dont think i have ever heard of the second thing, about the dream,but yes,i think, most of ini have heard about Solomonīs grave.

But i have never read about it, neither have i ever looked for it because i have always thought of that story as a "legend" or Oral tradition.

The Herb is sometimes called Wisdom weed.
I know that there is a relationship there, being that Solomon was called the Wisest man, but i have never been able to tell which came first.
I mean

Was the herb first called wisdom weed and then afterwards,people started saying it was found on Solomonīs grave because of his wisdom ?,
OR
Was it first known that the herb grew from Solomonīs grave and then afterwards, people started calling it Wisdom weed ?

I dont know the answer because i dont know how old the story of Solomonīs grave is and ,also, i dont know how old the name "wisdom weed" is.

It would be interesting to know if any of the i them have read about it, be interesting to know that it is more than just a legend .

Blessed
Rastafari

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/5/2008 10:03:06 AM

RAS TAFARI LIVE UP!
RAS KebreAB give thanks for the I's reply it has sparked another story iman have heard over and over that SOLOMON would burn in these large bowls all through the palace over 200 bowls i was told that were filled with INsense including "wisdom weed" 24/7 is this written any where? if any has info on this Iman would like to know more respect give thanks and praises to SELASSIE I
wahdahdah

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/3/2008 3:51:52 PM

YES, GREETINGS in The NAME of JAH RASTAFARI.
Still looking for the answer to this if any Bredren or Sistren knows where it was written about Herb being found upon Solomon's Resting place. I&I hear it in many songs but have not found it's origin in any books Iman have read.
GIVE THANKS and Praises to SELASSIE I KING OF KINGS
JAH LIVE
wahdahdah

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/3/2008 7:55:18 PM

Greetings...

I thought this was a good reasoning when the I first posted it, and several months ago I had thought of the same thing. I tried to research it, but I have found nothing in regards to the source of "Ganja was found on the grave of King Solomon" lyric that we hear so much. I wish I had something to offer, but I have come up short, just wanted to say that I'm interested as well and would be eager to read any info that any One might find. I have also not heard of the dream Solomon had, Wahdahdah where did the I sight that?

In regards to the bowls burning all throughout Solomon's palace, I haven't heard that, but in the Kebra Negast it does speak of Solomon having pearls all throughout his palace that he was able to keep illuminated by the light of his wisdom, perhaps there is a connection there.

Anyways, give thanks for bringing up this reasoning, hopefully Ones will come up with more information.

SELAM

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 11/3/2008 9:47:26 PM

LEGALIZATION TO THE GANJA HERB

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 11/4/2008 12:54:17 AM

GREETINGS in the Name of HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY.
SunofMan, in answer to your question about the bowls or censors that SOLOMON would fill with Ishence I&I had heard of this years ago. Same kinda thing. it was passed to I, never able to find it written. I did a search on the internet and did come up with proof that in ancient times not only bowls of Herbs and other fragrances were burned 24/7 but that some tribes actually would pile herbs atop of "bonfires" and the people would gather and be engulfed in the cloud of smoke.
Check out http://www.skeptically.org/bible/id9.html it has some very interesting comments on herbs and the bible. and such. ONE LOVE SELASSIE I LIVE
wahdahdah

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I