Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3119&start_row=1

What dem thinking?

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/25/2008 5:26:30 PM

haha right now i am laughing
i just had a little ummm encounter
Just came from the home of a friend.

My friend shares an apartment with another youth, and at different times,when i go there,i will see other youths,either friends of my friend or friends of the youth he shares the house with.

There is one young man,a muslim youth, whom i have seen a few times there,but i dont know him , as he is a friend of the youth that my friend shares the house with.

Anyway, as i said i have seen him there a few times, and i guess he started to feel comfortable with i, so, one day, he comes in the house,i was there already, and he says loudly "Jah Rastafari"
you know,on some hype up,jump up thing.
But i didnt take it in any bad way, i just said, yes,you know!

Then he did it a second time on a different occasion.
I didnt say anything then, i just looked at him. I was still looking to see where his heart was at, and i let it pass

Today,i was sitting at the table, and he came in.
Immediately, i hear, "Jah Rastafari"
I was at the table,building a spliff. I pushed everything away and stood up.
I said, come here, and sat him down where i was sitting. He was still smiling
i said
You are muslim right? he says yes

So now i start acting just like he does,when he says my Fathers Name.
I asked
How would you like it if everytime i saw you i started shouting
Allah Allah Allah hu Akbar?

Smile disapeared from his face.

I asked him, do we understand eachother? He says yes. I say alright, now move from my chair

After that the whole time,he was there,he had a look of anger on his face, but he couldnt say anything because there was another Muslim in the house, and he kept telling the youth, you know you were wrong,you know you were wrong.
Finally, i didnt want to leave any animosity so i asked him,
did you feel disrespected when i said that? he said yes.
I said good, so know you know how i felt
I told him if he ever wished to know more of Rastafari than what he saw,on stage shows,and videos, to come and ask i, with respect. Whatever your religion,if you love God,then we can reason all day.

Rastafari is Unconqourable

Blessed are they that call upon HIM Name
Rastafari

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 9/25/2008 8:34:42 PM

YES GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF JAH RASTAFARI.
this stream remind IMAN of those times when someone in public check I and say "YEAH MON!, YO RASTAFARIan< REGGAE MAN, WHERE IS THE WEED DUDE? and ARE THOSE DREADS REAL?" something like that. IT takes I&I some tollerance to not burn fire upon dem that fast. I compose I words and say something like young one do not call OUT RASTAFARI unless you are ready to deal with hotter than HOT. they usually bow there heads down and feel embarassedm and say oh, i was just joking. Iman reply to that, RASTA is no joking matter. RASTAFARI is a serious thing man, FIRE!!! they move and scatter like flies. I love it though in public when the I man see a family and the mummy and daddy move away as I trod pass and the children, stop and smile and wave. I will say ONE LOVE SOULJAH be STRONG. they LAUGH and feel real nice then the parents tell them come along. people fear to be loved, but the children have not been so brainwashed.
WELL that is that for this. RESPECT TO ALL, GIVE THANKS TO JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I May all those who seek JAH find JAH. peace and love, wahdahdah...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/25/2008 9:41:58 PM

KebreAB,

I liked the reasoning. I liked how you handled the bredren.

Ark I
Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/26/2008 11:08:29 AM

Ras KebreAB

between your post and the first repliers name, I feel IRIE!

-RSK

Messenger: IDread Sent: 9/26/2008 11:43:06 AM

I like how the I handled this sistren. A good example to all.

And wahdahdah I know what the I is talking about. Just today on I way back from college, just about an hour ago, a man on the bus started shouting out to I, saying much the same things as the I describes. I just ignored him at the time but I wish I had seen this reasoning beforehand.

Messenger: IDread Sent: 9/26/2008 12:10:11 PM

Just realized... I have no idea why I called the I Ras KebreAB, sistren there. For some reason it won't allow I to edit it anymore. I guess I'm just tired after a long day.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/27/2008 4:06:23 PM

Greetings
I can def relate to Ras KebreAB's story, too many times people nah take RasTa serious and use I Father's name in vain. The I's RASponse was fire!
Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/27/2008 6:20:09 PM

GIve thanks to all who responded. I knew most would relate to these types of situations.
I suppose its the way of this world
for too long they look down pon ini,not knowing they look down pon the children of the Most High
They are called world religions,while ini trod is labeled most times as a "cult".
Same time,ini give so much love to the world through ini music and word sounds, and some of them think all we do is smoke and play music.

So its of the utmost importance that ini be diligient and serious about ini trod. Its a must that ini arm ourselves with the one weapon we need, education. It is a must that ini know well the works and words of the Man ini hail as the Most High,King Selassie I

Ini have nothing to fear. For this reason, i am never afraid to sit and reason with any man or woman of any religion,as i told the youth. It is them who should fear to reason with ini,as mankind knows to fear truth
I am not confident in iself, but i am confident in I Father, for He has assured ini of Victory.

Blessed Love
Holy Sabbath
Rastafari

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I