Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3021&start_row=1

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/1/2008 12:00:01 AM

Its pretty fucking weird but my college dorm is on a hill that has a graveyard by it. Will this make me unclean or will I only be unclean if I go into the graveyard? My dorm is on a hill and the graveyard is on a hill above the dorm but it is still close to the dorm.

I don't have much choice in moving unless I want to drop out of college, I have to stay in this dorm at least for freshman year.

Even if there are ghosts or duppies I will not fear for JAH is with I

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/1/2008 12:04:13 AM

Being a nazirite

This vow required the man or woman to observe the following:

* Abstain from wine, wine vinegar, grapes, raisins, and according - to some alcohol and vinegar from alcohol;
* Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head;
* Avoid corpses and graves, even those of family members, and any structure which contains such.

It is also forbidden for the nazirite to have grape, or grape derivatives even if they are not alcoholic. According to Rabbinical interpretation there is no prohibition for the nazirite to drink alcoholic beverages not derived from grapes.[13] According to non-Rabbinical interpretation, a Nazirite is forbidden to consume any alcohol, and vinegar from such alcohol, regardless of its source.[citation needed] The laws of wine or grapes mixing in other food is similar to other dietary laws that apply to all Jews.[14]

A nazirite can groom his hair with his hand or scratch his head and needn’t be concerned if some hair falls out. However a nazirite cannot comb his hair since it is a near certainty to pull out some hair. A nazirite is not allowed to use a chemical depilatory that will remove hair.[15] A nazirite that recovers from Tzaraath, a skin disease described in Leviticus 14, is obligated to cut his hair despite being a nazirite.

The nazirite (except for a Samson-like nazirite as stated above) will become ritually impure by proximity to a dead body. Causes include being under the same roof as a corpse. However a nazirite can contract other kinds of ritual impurity. A nazirite that finds an unburied corpse is obligated to bury it, even though he will become defiled in the process.[16]

[edit]

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/1/2008 12:05:48 AM

It seems like wherever I go Babylon tries to pollute I

My old neighborhood in Charlotte was fairly close to a Presbyterian Church from the 1700's that had a graveyard by it I once was stupid enough to walk by there high on ganja-got some very weird vibes

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 9/1/2008 12:16:17 AM

I also live in a Co ed dorm which means I am surrounded by bloodclat menstruous women Im sure thats Biblically unclean also

I would not choose to live in the dorms if they didn't require I to

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I