Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3008&start_row=1

can you take in alcohol

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: lholy Sent: 8/26/2008 9:14:15 AM

greetings fellow bredren,
i want to know is it safe for fellow rasta's to take in alcohol.
stay bless.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/26/2008 3:32:27 PM

greetings Iholy,

well i think is it obvious that alcohol is damaging for everybody.
mind body and soul
especially after ones is drunk, the man or woman can be tempted in various ways.

Proverbs 20
1Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

Guidance

Messenger: IDread Sent: 8/26/2008 3:33:09 PM

I personally see no harm in the occasional drink. I still enjoy a beer or a cider from time to time although I certainly don't let it get to the point where I get drunk.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/26/2008 4:23:40 PM

WELL IF THE i IS WISE ENOUGH

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/26/2008 6:01:46 PM

well now and then,and dont get drunk.

even the scripture use wine as the instrument used by babylon to deceive the people of the earth,(rev 17)

do do the will of his majesty ini must have a sober mind

there fore babylon has made them drunk

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 8/27/2008 12:10:14 PM

I tend to disagree. I think more focus should be placed on individual relation with the creator; Jah let you know what is defiling to your individual self.

Case in point, the french drink wine and have fewer heart problems.

Abuse of any substance can cause drunkiness of some kind. Excess of anything can be used by Babylon to lead the masses. Look at how many people are drunk with ignorance, sugar intake, etc.

-RSK

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/27/2008 2:13:16 PM

Greetings in the name of Rastafari

Well if InI are a Nazerite, then InI can not drink of the vine. That is agianst the order in Leviticus.

However it also does the body harm. Our bodies is a temple to the living Jah. So why would you want to harm it?

However Christ did perform the miracle of the wine. So it is not unlawful, but as the scriptures say......."Do all things in moderation".

Also in the scriptures, Timothy took a little wine for his stomach sake.

Also some take wine in communion.

But if you personaly ask me, I would not drink any alcohol. we are Idren of the light.

JAH RASTAFARI HAILE SELASSIE I EMPRESS MENEN BLESS THE I'S

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/27/2008 2:26:46 PM

isnt the Vow of a Nazarite within the book of Numbers?

Blessed

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/27/2008 7:31:54 PM

Greetings Ras

The Nazerite vow is recorded in numbers.

I was refering to the levitical law in reference to us as Nazerites not to drink or eat of the vine. I could be mistaken, but maybe that is in Numbers and not in Leviticus?

Jah Bless Ras Nicholas

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 8/28/2008 3:26:29 PM

Greetings I Bredren and sistren,

as i sight it, no I should tell another I whether it is right or wrong to drink alcohol. Rather, ini should encourage each other to walk closer and closer to Jah. As ini do this, all that Jah does not want the I to do or all that is not pleasing to the sight of Jah shall be removed from the I life. Ini spread not a gospel of rules of right and wrong, but one of total surrender to the Spirit of Jah, thus ini die unto self and live unto Jah as tis not ini will that ini do but tis Jah will!! I say fire pon all dat not pleasing to Jah whether it please my flesh or not as I seek not to please flesh and blood but to please Jah!

RasTafari!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I