Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3006&start_row=1

Tewahdo

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/25/2008 3:40:56 PM

bless my brothers and sisters

the meaning of the word Tewahdo of the Christian faith by abeshans in ethiopia and eritrea comes from the word ''te-wa-he-doo'', that means Christ came as God in the flesh. Selassie purifies the soul.. abin(father), weldin(son), menfes kidus(holy spirit), 3 in 1 thats why Haile Selassie is the power of the Trinity...Selah, his right eye on his coronation photo makes you tremble, where sin abounds his grace upon us abounds more, but there is sin leading to death and not to death

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/25/2008 3:54:11 PM

6. "Tewahedo" is the Ethiopian term (meaning "made one") which is the best expression conveying the faith of the Church, since it emphasizes the inseparable unity of the Godhead and manhood in the Person of Christ. The Church's official title is "The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Bete Christian."

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/25/2008 11:01:49 PM

What did you mean by this statement:
--------------------------
where sin abounds his grace upon us abounds more, but there is sin leading to death and not to death
--------------------------

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/26/2008 3:43:12 AM

Ises

Usually Tewahedo is translated as "One" or better as "Made (to be) One". To translate it as "Christ come as God in flesh" might be an interpretation but not an accurat translation. Neither the amharic word for Christ nor God appears in the word Tewahedo.
Tewahedo was to declare the differenc from both mono- and polyphysites after the Councel of Chalcedon. It means that Christ the God and Christ the Man are One at all times.

But this shall not distract from the rest of your reasoning to which I only can agree. Yes Haile Selassie is the Tri- Inity. Give Thanks

Selah

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/26/2008 3:58:04 AM

reetings
in simple amharic word Twehado means in-cooperated. One which is in one.

Besime Ab= in the name of God
wewold = the Son
wemenfes kidus = the holy spirit
Ahadu Amlak = the One God

give thanks
Every time ini come to this site ini feel inlightend and blessed.
I give my atmost respect for the people who share their livity with I.
Jah Rasta Far I

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/26/2008 5:10:17 PM

i read it somewhere in Romans or Corinthians, the writer was telling about you shouldnt pray for those that are commiting a sin leading to death. sin is sin but there are degrees of sin some are more wicked and abominable than the rest, sins such as having your fathers wife, man with a man, murder, this is sin leading to death. but sins like lieing, stealing are not leading to death, sellasie

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/26/2008 6:31:06 PM

that what you thinkt. the wages of sin is death the gift of jah is life,

do u know dont killand not keeping the sabbath carries the same punishment

the bible say he that offend one offend all thats why the church only had to change one, the sabbath, which is somewhat most important

all sorts of people from other faiths dont kill or still etc, they also dont keep the sabbath

the almighty said its a sign between he and his people that we are his people and he our God.

what i'm saying we see things in human eyes not spiritually and if we live spiritually we should see all things that way, (isa 11)

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/26/2008 6:43:12 PM

It is not the "sin" itself that makes a sin great or small, but the intention and thought behind it.

One may lie to his boss that he is sick today to get out of work.
small sin? great sin?
Or
One may lie and give false witness to have another man crucified
small sin? great sin?

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/26/2008 6:43:18 PM

young lion
but sins like lying, stealing are not leading to death,,,,,,,,

ARE YOU SURE>>??

i think it certainly lead to death. no excusess sin is sin. what are the ten commandments?

READ IT AGAIN IYAH

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I