Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2998&start_row=1

Is baptistsing the gate way to Hola Mt. Zion?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ancient kiah Sent: 8/22/2008 7:58:48 PM

Really and Truly a person MUST be baptise with water to enter Hola Mt. Zion?

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/22/2008 9:03:55 PM

Let your works be seen
Stand firm
Or you gonna feed worm
(CHORUS)

One baldhead tell me say
This here baldhead tell me say
Put one me clothes and come with him
And mek we go to church Sunday

Soul seekers I say

Jacket and tie come tell me say
Clean clothes come tell me say
If me come with him
And go to church this Sunday

Soul seekers I say

CHORUS

Dis here one come tell I say
Another one come tell I say
If you want to be saved son
Got to go in a grave son

Pack of bullshit
That is bullshit I say

The other one come tell I say
If you want to be in the light son
You've got to love Jesus Christ son

That is fantasy
Whole pack of ignorance I say

CHORUS

Then the parson tell I say
If I want to be pure within
I've got to come confess my sins

Another pirate I say

CHORUS

Do you think it is wised
That I should get baptized
But when I realized
It was the devil in disguise

Another one come tell I say
To be in the light
Got to take Jesus Christ

You're talkin' like gladness
But that is madness I say

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/22/2008 9:04:40 PM

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 8/22/2008 10:10:17 PM

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE FATHERS

First of all it must be understood that it is the duty of all Christians - especially of those whose calling dedicates them to the spiritual life - to strive always and in every way to be united with God, their creator, lover, benefactor, and their supreme good, by Whom and for Whom they were created. This is because the center and the final purpose of the soul, which God created, must be God Himself alone, and nothing else - God whom the soul has received its life and its nature, and for Whom it must eternally live. Abba Gregory

Repentance is the renewal of Baptism. Repentance is a contract with God for a second life. A penitent is a buyer of humility. Repentance is constant distrust of bodily comfort. Repentance is self-condemning reflection, and carefree self-care. Repentance is the daughter of hope and the renunciation of despair. A penitent is an undisgraced convict. Repentance is reconciliation with the Lord by the practice of good deeds contrary to the sins. Repentance is purification of conscience. Repentance is the voluntary endurance of all afflictions. A penitent is the inflicter of his own punishments. Repentance is a mighty persecution of the stomach, and a striking of the soul into vigorous awareness. Abba Yohannes

Haile Selassie I JAH RasTafari Bless all of Mankind

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/23/2008 12:43:52 PM

water is nothing if your mind is not right, i was better off when i didnt get baptised then when i did get baptised in Ethiopia, you go through the wilderness like jesus did when you get baptised

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 8/23/2008 1:07:58 PM

Yes brethren you must get baptised. I remember on one occasion when Rastafarians Pioneers went to Ethiopia to build up Shashamane,and His Majesty saw them while He was in His car along the road, then He stepped out , said unto them "where are my people?". they went to Him and after many words exchanged between them, His Majesty told an Ethiopian Ortohodox Priest to come to baptise them. Now they are baptised and ethiopian orthodox and bear ethiopian names.

we must strive to our best to get baptised, for thru Water and Spirit we obtain safety (John 3). Yet we also know that if after much striving won't be able (see the Introduction to His Majesty's volume I autobiography), then Jah will provide.

The fact is also that many un baptised will come before the Lord with more Dignity that those who are. As Qeddus Pawols sais in Romans 2, the pagans who know not Christ, and do "good", are more Jews than the Jews, who know Christ indeed, and have the Law.

isuggest you to visit this site www.ethiopianorthodox.org, to get more knowledge on ethiopian orthodoxy, whence His Majesty Haile Selassie blossomed sprout from.
give thanks

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/23/2008 11:18:04 PM

well the bible give two ways one is to baptise the other is to confess with your mouth.

the whole point is to openly show to the public that you choose to live in his example,
i choose the latter, i belive our locks also act as that but since it become a style i proclame it where ever i go

then we can get some examples

christ said any one who belives is saved
he who keep my commandments my father and i will dwell in him
when he was on the cross and the thift ask him to remember him in zion, did he go down to be baptise

revelation said as many as belived he gave power to be sons of God,

john said he baptise with water he shall baptise with the sprirt

to baptise is to be born again, symbolic, as christ died and was buried and rose, we react this to show we are born again,

all we are to do is to keep the commandments

2Hear ye the words of this covenant, and speak unto the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem;

3And say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel; Cursed be the man that obeyeth not the words of this covenant,

4Which I commanded your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, from the iron furnace, saying, Obey my voice, and do them, according to all which I command you: so shall ye be my people, and I will be your God:

5That I may perform the oath which I have sworn unto your fathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day. Then answered I, and said, So be it, O LORD. (jere 11)

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 8/24/2008 6:45:55 AM

Pay attention please. Baptising is not symbolic. You really die and rise again: you die while under the waters, and you rise when you get out. The belief Baptising is symbol lead many to forsake the Baptism thru immersion for a baptism thru sprinkling of water on the head. That is as though it was mere symbolism.

Now, you must get baptised with water, which is a holy element. In fact though Saint John the Baptist said Christ will baptise with spirit while i do with water, Christ HimSelf says "who is not born of Water and Spirit shall not enter" (John 3).
I hope we shall not fall in the mistake of discrediting the saving role played by water being it an earthly element, as western christians do. Spirit and Water must act in One, because water actually clean, just as oyu can read in Leviticus, regarding the Purity Laws.

give thanks

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/25/2008 11:54:25 PM

ya but the water is the word we get that when speaking of the sower and the seeds. but it is symbolic because we dont acctualy die dut kill the old self to live anew

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 8/26/2008 6:14:32 AM

Yes, yet i think symbolic is not the right word. In fact if water is just symbolic, what is its purpose then? Why could we not be born again without water?
We are washed thru water really. We do not actually die in the sense we do not go in the Sheol, but thru the death (of Iyasus Who really went to Sheol), we go under the water, and it makes our sin die, and this really.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I