Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2970&start_row=11

here comes

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 8/8/2008 2:55:35 PM

blessed heart of love Ras

word sound and power deh.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/8/2008 3:45:43 PM

"reggae music dont have soul"

Well, i would say that all music has much soul as one puts into it.

To compare reggae to Nyabhinghi is like comparing the spiritual with the material. And as i try to keep a balance between the spiritual and the material, i would not burn music out completely,whether its reggae or any kind of music,although i will admit most music today deserves to be burned out....or better yet...most of the people making music today should be burned out and get purged so they can return to making uplifting and conscious music

But Nyahbhinghi is Nyahbhnighi,the First music,the Royal sound....no it is not connected to the heartbeat...it IS the heart beat

Holy I Selassie I
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 8/8/2008 3:51:52 PM

greetings

May Jah bless Sizzla and the message he conveys, he purifies, yet so humble... from Rain Showers to Thank You Mama, To Fire Burn Batty Boys, him and the Marleys, Luciano, Lucky Dube, Dennis Brown, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, Culture and some others have made I path straight. Music leads you to truth

Young Lion

Messenger: liberated_Ras777 Sent: 8/8/2008 4:35:21 PM

Yes Kebre Ab Love in the highest I!

Haile Selassie first

King Rastafari liveth

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 8/8/2008 6:57:44 PM

Also check out:

Midnite - Reload and Scarface to name a few
Morgan Heritage
Ganjaman - check out the new album - Das Gleiche Alte Lied -however, u will need to be able to understand german. One song "Haltet Sie Auf" has about half german half english lyrics

Also check out "Uwe Banton"

Of course Stephen Marley's Mind Control is a good one too

Bless up and much love to you all!

The time is now! Freedom for All!

Bergy

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 8/9/2008 8:39:51 AM

greetings on and all in the name of our GOD Haile I selassie

"better read the scriptures u will get more wisdom than reggae music,"
That is true and obvious,, well what i think of reggae is this... it is telling and teaching the scriptures to those who love the music.that must be the purpous
the wailers are responsible for all the doors that are open today for musicians like Sizzla to be heard. it is an outlet if it is done with purpous and no fun. music is a essential part of life, esspecially for those who can't read or right ....that's thwe way to reach dem.and INI know nuff all ova
ancient time music was to praise the almighty...well now adays fya burn dem mtv and all dat pollution.
i have put up a video Way Yared used to praise to Almighty.

no one can condemn music or the sound power. Judgmant is only onto Jah.
givethanks.
take time to hear the sound...well in Amharic

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I