Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2961&start_row=1

IS THERE A 3RD GENDER??????

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 4:03:58 PM

I was reading on the Indian culture(as in India) and read about the hijras of India. They are called the 3rd gender. They claim that they are neither man or wombman. They are recognized in India as this, and are woven into the society and their traditions are as old as the society of India itself.

As I further read, I see that the Anglo Saxons(British) conquered India, and turned the 3rd gender who were once sacred(as according to Indian culture) to something that is to be viled, and discusting. If the white man can corrupt their society and destroy the lofty position held by the 3rd gender, such as serving in palaces, and being spiritual temples for communication to god, then what else has the white man robbed from us, as far as knowledge is concerned?

I even looked among the Zulu's and saw the 3rd gender among them. As well as the Native Americans, and saw the 3rd gender among them as well. Among the Native Americans, they were called the "2 spirit people".

Has the white man once again robbed InI of truth?

What do some of the I's think in reference to this? Is there indeed a 3rd gender?

And if so, do Jah love them too?

JAH BLESS IN WISDOM AND OVERSTANDING

Messenger: IDread Sent: 8/1/2008 4:57:00 PM

This "3rd gender" sounds very much like a hermaphrodite, a person who is born with the genitals of both a man and a woman. Whether or not hermaphrodites were considered holy in India and other places I don't know. Perhaps the I could post a link to some information on this subject?

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 10:49:00 PM

Well I do not know too much on the subject. I was doing some self learning as I was surfing the web, and youtube. After seeing this, I typed the phrase "3rd gender" on the wikipedial site.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 8/4/2008 2:21:55 AM

jah created man and woman, where this come from?

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I