Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2920&start_row=1

Needing help.

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jamie_S Sent: 7/12/2008 7:24:15 PM

Hello everyone.

My name is Jamie, I am 14 and from Scotland. I recently started looking for religions and to be honest , This is the only one that makes sence to me and that i beleive in!

But if anyone ever asks me and when i reply rastafari , They laugh and tell me that i cant be a rasta because i am white. So I was wondering if you can please tell me , Am I still aloud to be apart of this movement even though I am white?

Jah bless.

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 7/12/2008 7:59:25 PM

skin color doesn't matter, your heart, your mind and your actions do.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/12/2008 10:48:57 PM

well if u read the words of H.I.M u will see yourself,

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/12/2008 11:44:19 PM

Something that a person should learn as early as possible in Life, especially if they are RasTafarI, is to not care what people think about your Trod, unless what they say makes sense to you, but never be hasty and cause yourself to fool yourself, make sure it makes sense or doesn't make sense. Sometimes you have to hold the saying for a time to realize if the saying makes sense and is agreeable to you. And if it comes into agreement, then change your ways according to it, otherwise throw it away and Trod Forward.

I didn't answer your question because it was already answered. You should have spent some time and looked into it to see what you could find. The question you asked has been asked and answered many times on this forum and many, many times on many other Rasta forums all around. The reason I am saying this is that you could have asked that question in one place and they would have told you that white people can't be Rasta, and then the next place they would tell you that they can. Or in some places, some of the people will say yes, and others will say no.

Most importantly look within yourself, to Learn for yourself if you can be RasTafarI. Because in reality white men, black men, asian men or any other men can't be RasTafarI, because they are not RasTafarI. And also in reality a white man, black man, asian man or any other man can be RasTafarI, because they are RasTafarI.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I.

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 7/13/2008 8:43:36 AM

My brada, indeed, that question has been asked many a time on this forum and has been answered in so many angles. here are some links that can help you:
1.http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1672&start_row=1
2.http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=266&start_row=1

From ini overstanding, one important thing the i should realise is that it is not only about ganja, dreadlocks or reggae music. ini way of life is not as easy as it looks, but Jah spirit is ini strength. Seek H.I.M. within iself and ina da bible.

Jah guide and Bless

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/13/2008 9:27:44 AM

Young Rasta, you must ovastand that the nature of being rasta will dictate from within that all external stimuli that are not in accordance with the oneness of thy spirit will feel unrighteous and unclean. Over time, you will grow to the point that you subconciously reject those criticisms, isms, and schisms with little thought.

-RSK

Messenger: IDread Sent: 7/13/2008 3:18:46 PM

I am not so much older than you Jamie, I am just 17 but it seems you are in a similar situation to I when I made the choice to become Rasta a year ago. Originally I was not sure if Rasta was meant for me but by slowing down and thinking and meditating and reading Selassie I words I came to the conclusion that I should trod the path of Rasta. Through this meditation I reasoned that skin colour does not have anything to do with whether or not a man can become Rasta. Anyone who says it does obviously doesn't overstand Rasta as well as they should to be able to comment on such a thing.

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 7/14/2008 10:19:36 AM

you are born with the most high vesture across your chest...

we as children have never had a choice per-se....we are chosen and followed the calling....

we are who we are since ever since being came to be....

haha

no worries...

Messenger: Jamie_S Sent: 7/14/2008 7:29:09 PM

Thanks everyone. Your words helped and I shall continue down the path of rastafari and I shall start reading the words of H.I.M

Jah bless

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 7/15/2008 9:20:10 PM

Hello Jamie,

My name is Anthony and I heard His Majesty calling me when I was 16 and I'm 23 now. I had a hard time at first being a 16 year old, short haired, meat eating white boy among the Rastafarian community. No one was was really mean to me, but I felt strange at first. I knew that I believed that Ras Tafari is the return of Christ, but I didn't understand dreadlocks or the Ital diet or why everyone always tries to put as many "I"s in a sentence as possible. All of these things are of minimal importance as long as you love Ras Tafari as your saviour. That one thing will make you a Rastafarian regardless of any other fact.

Some writings about Ras Tafari are very racist but His Majesty loves you and all of his children no matter what anyone says.

After seven years of being a Rastafarian I still eat meat and have short hair. His Majesty ate meat and it is a well documented fact. I still to this day can't remember seeing a picture of his majesty with dreadlocks, so I never grew any.

When I told my parents that I was going to Nyahbingi and told them my religious beliefs they almost disowned me. They were really embarrassed about having a white Rastafarian son. My mom read about it on the internet and only found articles that stressed repatriation, black supremacy, and herb. She was determined to talk me out of my faith and never could. A lot of people also laughed at me when I told them. I know it probably feels weird but don't let it bother you.

If anyone at the Ises ever criticises you just remind them that His Majesty cut his dreadlocks and ate meat and that Bob Marley was a White man. Then you can find out what "reasoning" is all about.

Stay strong and never feel bad about your faith. Ras Tafari loves you! You will find that his company alone is a greater treasure than anything else.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I